Expansion Propose A Name

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the West Sydney Rams. Get Rams Home Loans on board for sponsorship maybe, but seriously, like the 'Rams'.

Maybe an issue with the U-18 NSW/ACT side? Otherwise its a winner.

Sorry people, but all the names to date seem pedestrian, someone needs to read up on the history of the area and come up with a name that captures the core, the essence of the area. Really impressed with the Mayor of Blacktown, seems to have a bit of go in him.

A short history of Blacktown...

1791 - First land grant in Blacktown District
1804 - Battle of Vinegar Hill (Rouse Hill)
1827 - Bushranger, Jack Donahue (Wild Colonial Boy) starts robbing in the Blacktown area
1860 - Railway comes to Blacktown
1877 - Blacktown Public School opens (first meeting place of Blacktown Boys' Sqn too!)
1888 - Prospect Reservoir opens
1912 - First aircraft crash in Australia was near Rooty Hill High School
1955 - Railway line electrified to Blacktown.
1975 - Population 165,000.
1979 - Blacktown became a City.

That bushranger thing looks to be the only interesting thing.

Blacktown Bushrangers

Its pretty obvious Gold Coast will look to have an aquatic theme to its nickname, the West Sydney team is more wide open.

West Sydney Rams- early NSW built its economy on the back of the golden fleece

West Sydney Explorers- in respect for Wentworth, Lawson & Blaxland's exploration through the west of sydney/blue mountains

West Sydney Blazers or Trailblazers- same theme as above

Bit more australian animal theme
West Sydney Emus
West Sydney Burras
West Sydney Bats

to name a few

PIONEERS is the one.

The whole Captain cook discovering Sydney thing is what they need. It works wonders for the New England PATRIOTS.

Explorers is a bit lame.

And no more Animal names please after the Sharks.

Someome mentioned Settlers in a post. PIONEERS sounds 20 times better than Explorers and Settlers.

PIONEERS
PIONEERS
PIONEERS

West Sydney Pioneers.

Get used to it, it's a winner:thumbsu:

1827 - Bushranger, Jack Donahue (Wild Colonial Boy) starts robbing in the Blacktown area
1877 - Blacktown Public School opens (first meeting place of Blacktown Boys' Sqn too!)

Blacktown Bushrangers

Well the Blacktown Bushrangers for me ( can't really accept the Rooty Crashers). Bars and stripes the outfit with a good working class song as the theme.

Well the Blacktown Bushrangers for me ( can't really accept the Rooty Crashers). Bars and stripes the outfit with a good working class song as the theme.

I don't think any NSW team will accept Bushrangers with the Victorian Bushrangers cricket team.

It won't work.

They need something new and exciting.

Very interesting, the Battle of Vinegar Hill (Wikipedia). Therein lies a name for the new club. Was ignorant of it until now. It would make a good foil for the "Silver Tail" tab of the Swans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Hill_convict_rebellion

After reading a bit more about Battle of Vinegar Hill, I think:

West Sydney Rebels could work. It's bit more manly than the Swans so could work well for the good ole' East-West; Silvertails-Fibros; Yuppies-Westies; Collared shirt, Sandals, Slacks, Chardonnay set-VB, Singlet, Flannie & Thongs set divide :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast Sharks - almost certain. Tie in to Southport, without going the whole hog and alienating non sharks supporters - which is about 3 people on the Gold coast.

As for West Sydney... Pioneers is a bit camp. Do like Rebels though. Rams is another good one if it's an animal they are after.

No ****ing abstract names please. No Force, Terror, Spin, Power, Glory type shit.

Gold Coast Sharks - almost certain. Tie in to Southport, without going the whole hog and alienating non sharks supporters - which is about 3 people on the Gold coast.

As for West Sydney... Pioneers is a bit camp. Do like Rebels though. Rams is another good one if it's an animal they are after.

No ****ing abstract names please. No Force, Terror, Spin, Power, Glory type shit.

rebels is too cheesey i reckon.

Blacktown Bushrangers

'Wild' jumped out at me reading that...

West Sydney Wild

Gets away from a direct animal reference, but could still be worked into logos / mascots (range of wild animals), or could go another way with more generic crazed / frenetic conotations (just gnashing teeth etc)...

'Wild' jumped out at me reading that...

West Sydney Wild

Gets away from a direct animal reference, but could still be worked into logos / mascots (range of wild animals), or could go another way with more generic crazed / frenetic conotations (just gnashing teeth etc)...
I like it.
And further to that maybe the West Sydeney Bushrangers or West Sydney Outlaws.
I think Gold Coast should be the pirates as well.

West Sydney Spiders or west Sydney Funnelwebs.

Dark Blue with light blue spider web or light blue with dark blue spiderweb.
Blue on Blue is a horrible looking thing. Sorry.
At the end of the day these teams still have to be marketable, so the mascot name, logo, colours all need to be good enough for the AFL to stick em on merchandise that will sell profusely because new teams dont have the traditional marketability that the existing teams do.

Blue on Blue is a horrible looking thing. Sorry.
At the end of the day these teams still have to be marketable, so the mascot name, logo, colours all need to be good enough for the AFL to stick em on merchandise that will sell profusely because new teams dont have the traditional marketability that the existing teams do.

From the 2nd Sydney Jumper thread

Love the idea, however im a fan of the Two Blues colour scheme, so ive made a slight Mod... The Front shows one scheme, the back shows another (obviously you would only use one scheme on the jumper)

Home or Clash colour Schemes, I think it looks pretty good

I agree on Sharks. A great name, and suited perfectly for the GC.

With WS, its difficult. I agree Pioneers is lame. But we've got to be careful what we call it. The RL media will have a field day with a name than can be turned against it. Eg RAMS -> Sheep. Spiders -> (that nickname for pedo's that escapes me at this moment).

West Sydney Wolves I could live with. Not really Australian, but sounds good.

Not that I agree with it, but I think they'll go for Force, Terror, Glory type name. Safe, modern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion Propose A Name

Remove this Banner Ad

Back