Prospects for 2010 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

What types?

Smedts plays across half back for the Falcons for the most part but seems to have the skills to play in multiple positions.

Lamb plays across half forward for the Power, plays a similar type of game to that of Steve Johnson though he is small in height.

Hallahan is a fairly solidly built midfield/utility player that plays for the Rays.

Luke Parker plays up forward or through the midfield also for the Rays, a powerful/tough player that can have a great influence on games.

Gaff is a running left footed midfielder/wingman that got a fair bit of footy in the carnival and for the Cannons in his few games.
Gaff really impressed me during the carnival.

On the WA boys going on performances last year darling and swallow are easily the 2 biggest prospects in the draft next year then i would have to put bennel, butcher, cripps and wilson the next in line.
Bennel 2nd in peels b+f, 2nd in jack clarke, colts team of the year HBF and made his league debut.
Butcher won peels b+f by a mile, 3rd in jack clarke, colts team of the year RR, was in the best players in his first 2 league games.
Wilson won AA full back in 18s, played a handful of league games and played well and was in the best almost every colts game.
Cripps played a solid 18s carnival and was probably unlucky not to get AA, played good colts footy and made his league debut kicking 2 goals

Alot could change over the next season but IMO these are the main prospects so far, would like to know if others agree or not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee. Luke Parker would be pretty stiff. Although, he is too young?? is he not. Came 4th in the Morrish Medal (TAC B&F) as a 16 (Turning 17 year old) not bad ey, also won the Rays B&F, up against the likes of Bastinac, Amalfi, Hallahan, Roberton. Must be pretty special. Although, # 1 pick for 2012 perhaps??

Sean Atley (Murray Bushrangers) is going to be special. Outside midfielder with incredible skills, reminds me of Nick Dal Santo in some ways.

Could be Interesting, Does anyone have Vids on these Kids?

i get a bit confused as to whose zoned hafl the time and who is not.

some of the less obvious am keen on;

May from NT. Fantastic prospect but think he is GC

Gaff - doesnt get a lot of mentions but a mini Luke Power - think he is GC as well isnt he?

Treloar - Dandy little bloke who can play mid and fwd. Played in the 16's I think this year and not sure if eligible next year.

L Parker - v good.

Atley - would be another mid from Vic who must be up there.

Day - looks a terrific prospect for KP.

Jacobs - prob wont go in the first 1 or 2 rounds but a solid footballer

Rundle - Tassie kid who moves really well. Did he go GC?

Hine - Calder kid who shows heaps of poise

Luke Mitchell - lots seem to bag him but I think he goes really well. Another year of TAC should iron out the kinks but he is a ripper.

Rutledge - QLD kid who I suspect is GC. Fantastic awareness.

Also like to think Mirra would get another year at Eastern and be in the mix.

Another prospect that has not been mentioned on here but is highly thought of is Josh Green from Tassie. He is a fast running player capable of breaking the lines and very good in clearance situations, disposal could do with tightening up but other than that looks a top prospect.

The vid is of Sam Day...not Jolly.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/78077/default.aspx

Sam Day – Sam played as a key defender and forward. He was exciting, although he only got 11 disposals. He took three fantastic contested marks and kicked two goals when he went forward in the second half. Sam is athletic, has strong hands and really competes. He has played high-level basketball and is also an outstanding baseballer. Sam is already 196cm, despite being a bottom-ager.
Draft eligibility: 2010 NAB AFL Draft
[youtube]937tJyAo9Sw[/youtube]

Remove this Banner Ad

Prospects for 2010 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back