Pt2: Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be crowing to loud given reports stk are into sheils

I don't think we'll be paying him a million clams a year and 2 first round draft picks to jog laps thou like the great man Adrian.
I'd doubt he ever pulls on a saints jumper- but if he did; it would be for a packet of twisties a week.

Balanced out by you having Ross the Loss though

Got me there. We are incredibly jealous of your coach.
Likewise, the lack of kevin sheedys running our club in 2024 keeps me up most nights.

Only 20 years. Should get 4 more. Needs a chance for his new ideas to take hold.
Agree. Needs more time. Should start a Go Fund me campaign to ensure Essendon can afford an eight years tenure.

He’s playing the long game. He’s just about to have the wave of father sons he’s genetically being drafting for. Just a few more years for Dr Mengle

To be fair I would have loved for the Swans to have drafted this man in the 80's and gifted him 100 games

2C17936600000578-3227013-image-a-51_1441763426029.jpg

There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with the list.
Perhaps they could use one more tall key forward and defender.

Their players in the midfield and off half back are technically good, but lack grit and hardness to turn a game when required. Not sure what it looked like at the game, but on tv last night it was clear as day that from half way thru the last quarter the game was over and the side froze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s nothing intrinsically wrong with the list.
Perhaps they could use one more tall key forward and defender.

Their players in the midfield and off half back are technically good, but lack grit and hardness to turn a game when required. Not sure what it looked like at the game, but on tv last night it was clear as day that from half way thru the last quarter the game was over and the side froze.
The problem with their list is that they are missing a graders. Just a bunch of decent players but very little in the way of game changers.

The problem with their list is that they are missing a graders. Just a bunch of decent players but very little in the way of game changers.
Perhaps. I’m not sure adding just the one game breaker would make the difference.

If guys like Shiel, Stringer, Merrett, McGrath, Langford, Martin and Ridley had a bit more grit, they would have romped the game in.

Stringers one that really disappointed last night.
He has the talent to change a game but the difference between his best and worst is so wide.

Perhaps. I’m not sure adding just the one game breaker would make the difference.

If guys like Shiel, Stringer, Merrett, McGrath, Langford, Martin and Ridley had a bit more grit, they would have romped the game in.

Stringers one that really disappointed last night.
He has the talent to change a game but the difference between his best and worst is so wide.
“If guys like Shiel, Stringer, Merrett, McGrath, Langford, Martin and Ridley had a bit more grit”

That’s the whole point. If a couple of them were genuine a graders then bombers would be fine.

Their best in merret is an accumulator type and not a game breaker. Just a lot of meh in the team.

“If guys like Shiel, Stringer, Merrett, McGrath, Langford, Martin and Ridley had a bit more grit”

That’s the whole point. If a couple of them were genuine a graders then bombers would be fine.

Their best in merret is an accumulator type and not a game breaker. Just a lot of meh in the team.
Well we disagree here.
Coach Scott identified the issue correctly with the laughably termed ‘Essendon Edge’.

While it’s a bit of a running joke, you can’t escape the feeling he’s onto something. Having that ‘edge’, grit or whatever you want to call it to will yourself into beating your opponent at critical times is missing from the club.

Their problem isn’t a game breaker (although adding any to a team would always be nice). They need their leaders to show some grit at critical moments and to set an example that the rest of the team follows.

That last 15 minutes of the game was diabolical from Essendons on field leaders. Coach Scott should have taken a flamethrower to that group after the match.

Well we disagree here.
Coach Scott identified the issue correctly with the laughably termed ‘Essendon Edge’.

While it’s a bit of a running joke, you can’t escape the feeling he’s onto something. Having that ‘edge’, grit or whatever you want to call it to will yourself into beating your opponent at critical times is missing from the club.

Their problem isn’t a game breaker (although adding any to a team would always be nice). They need their leaders to show some grit at critical moments and to set an example that the rest of the team follows.

That last 15 minutes of the game was diabolical from Essendons on field leaders. Coach Scott should have taken a flamethrower to that group after the match.
That’s trying to defeat an interstate club that is 14th on the ladder. If they had more quality it shouldn’t have been close.

Who would you list as current “game breakers”? Because I think you are selling Merrett short as just an accumulator.

Who would you list as current “game breakers”? Because I think you are selling Merrett short as just an accumulator.
For midfielders I’d expect “game breakers” or whatever you want to call a graders, players that can:
  • kick multiple goals in games (merret has done this twice this year, once against a shit west coast)
  • win clearances at a fair clip (merret is ranked in the 40’s in per game clearances); and/or
  • dominate contested possessions (again ranked in the 40’s in per game contested touches)

Merret just can’t impose himself on a game to the extent that the real gun mids do.

They are a team that should be aiming for flags right now and I am struggling to think of a player at Essendon whom I think "we really need to stop him to win the game"
Do you think they are a team aiming at flags right now though? I think your expectation of them is too high.

For me they were always a side that could compete in be bottom half of the eight. Like Port, St Kilda, Adelaide, Bulldogs.

They are definitely around that mark.

You also didn’t answer my question.

Who are the clubs that have several players as a lock for AA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pt2: Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back