News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

What type of apparel is aimed at nearly 50 year old men who don't have any friends in real life, so instead have tied their entire identity and sense of self-worth to starting irrelevant arguments and fomenting petty rivalries on an outdated internet forum?

Maybe it's a puffer vest?

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 14

l dont like wearing apparel with company logos or advertising if l have a choice. This also goes with other things like car dealerships. My attitude is, if you want me to advertise your product or company then you reward me for it.. ;)
Same here.

Guys, the Kookaburra website has the new North Melbourne jumper design on display. It's very traditional and in keeping with Kookaburra's well established design and manufacturing style.

I grabbed a screen shot for you (modelled by Curtis Taylor I think)...

No pinstripes!!!

View attachment 2131521
Fantastic - we will be first up with the new brand, NANNA. I can just see 100 nannas in Vietnam knitting furiously to have our stock ready for 2025.

I guess it beats having 6 year olds stitching together the kit made by most of the elite brands.

I thought the only thing that matters is who pays North the most?

It's really not to the extent that kids choose teams based on something as transient as apparel supplier. The brand is the football club. The apparel supplier is just a sponsor.
Of course they’re not solely basing it off an apparel sponsor but being associated with high profile brands enhances a team’s reputation, makes fans want to buy the apparel, and attracts other sponsors, creating a cycle of success. Of course though winning is most important!

Nobody is claiming it's about getting neutrals to buy our merch, and trying to frame the argument like that is so typical of you and your habit of inventing arguments in your head.

You were saying how important it is that the Puma gear is in the window at Chaddy etc - who are they aiming it at.

The issue is about North supporters spending their hard earned on new gear... or not.

Well no, its about the value to the club of the sponsorship.

He’s not talking about neutrals, he’s talking about nmfc supporters choosing to to buy based on the brand. I’m one of them. I happen to like Puma gear and bought a new hoodie for the first time in years when they came onboard. FWIW I really like the darker blue too, so feel it looks a little more mature and can be worn on non-match days. I didn’t like the Canterbury stuff because IMO it’s a rugby brand. Kookaburra will likely be the same, not a big name sports brand and definitely not a footy brand. So unless Kookaburra absolutely knock out out of the park, I’ll hold onto my puma hoodie until the next brand comes along.

Yep fair enough. But if the actual sponsorship is worth more to the club, that's what really counts no?

[QUOTE
Kookaburra should do a good line in hats for those tragic types who can't accept male pattern baldness as they age ands have to wear ridiculous bullshit on their head to cover up their screaming anxieties though.

There is that.

I sometimes wish I was bald. My fast growing, ridiculously thick hair just forms into ringlets and can be almost unmanageable. People always wanting to talk about it, or run their hands through it, is the pits.
Who has time for haircuts every six weeks? Not me, so I’m stuck in this nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What type of apparel is aimed at nearly 50 year old men who don't have any friends in real life, so instead have tied their entire identity and sense of self-worth to starting irrelevant arguments and fomenting petty rivalries on an outdated internet forum?

Maybe it's a puffer vest?

Bro you just suspended yourself from this place for two weeks after betting your account with a Hawthorn nuffy lol.

[QUOTE

I sometimes wish I was bald. My fast growing, ridiculously thick hair just forms into ringlets and can be almost unmanageable. People always wanting to talk about it, or run their hands through it, is the pits.
Who has time for haircuts every six weeks? Not me, so I’m stuck in this nightmare.

Its a curse we must endure ... albeit the ringlets bit sounds really shit

Once had a small child pull a ringlet straight and make the ‘boing’ noise when I was just trying to enjoy a glass of wine in the streets of Paris. The curse is real.

Little French bastard.

[QUOTE

I feel your pain.

[QUOTE

I feel your pain brother.

[QUOTE

Full head of hair for a man 30+ is a genetic gift. I love mine and am growing it out long for the first time in my life.

Feels good man

viralhog-legendary.gif

Yep fair enough. But if the actual sponsorship is worth more to the club, that's what really counts no?
I guess we don’t know? I’m assuming the club has done the sponsorship $ vs merch sales $ and decided it’s worth it. I assume they also take into account the marketing/positioning hit… Collingwood wouldn’t partner with Anko for instance 🙂

From my POV it’s a shame cos I like buying merch but won’t just for the sake of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Puma - North's new apparel partner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back