PURA CUP FINAL: Tasmania v New South Wales @ Bellerive (Mon 19th-Fri 23rd March)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Pura_Cup_logo_copy_for_website.jpg

TAS.gif
vs
NSW.gif

Bellerive Oval
Monday March 19- Friday March 23​

Tasmania XIV: Michael Di Venuto, Tim Paine, Michael Dighton, Travis Birt, George Bailey, *Dan Marsh, Luke Butterworth, +Sean Clingeleffer, Jason Krejza, Xavier Doherty, Damien Wright, Adam Griffith, Brendan Drew, Ben Hilfenhaus

New South Wales XIII: Phil Jaques, Ed Cowan, *Simon Katich, Ben Rohrer, Dominic Thornely, Peter Forrest, +Daniel Smith, Grant Lambert, Moises Henriques, Nathan Hauritz, Matthew Nicholson, Stuart MacGill, Doug Bollinger

Weather:
The Mercury suggests that rain is forecasted for 4 of the 5 days. According to the 7-day outlook on www.bom.gov.au, we will get the following for the first 3 days:
Monday Mainly fine. Min 12 Max 20
Tuesday Becoming fine. Min 11 Max 20
Wednesday Mainly fine. Min 12 Max 22

Points Table:
Tasmania - 38
New South Wales - 28
Victoria - 26
Queensland - 26
Western Australia - 24
South Australia - 12

Coverage:
Unfortunately FOXSports are covering all 5 days otherwise for those who can't afford it, I am sure the ABC will be covering it on the radio, and as a last resort there is always the Cricket Australia website's scorecard

Tickets:
Adults - $9
Concession - $5
Children - $5
Family - $19 (2 adults & 2 children u/16)

Session Times (Local Time):
First session: 10:30am-12:30pm
Second session: 1:10pm-3:10pm
Third session: 3:30pm-5:30pm

NB. Gates open at 9am on Monday and 9:30am Tues-Fri

Betting:
Tasmania - $1.53
New South Wales - $2.40
(Prices as per TOTE Sportsbet on 14/3/07)

Why are they starting the game on a monday lots of fans will be at work so the crowds will be small I bet it is because of FOX SPORTS :mad:

Yeah, spot on master, unfortunately the world is all about TV and $$$$.

David Johnston (TCA chairman I think) stated they are expecting about 4,000-5,000 for each day. Good Luck to them.

It's bl00dy unfair on the average punter like myself, who needs to support themself (i.e. be gainfully employed) before they can support their state's cricket team, to expect them to attend this match. I originally had planned to have a day off so that I would have 3 days available to go to the cricket (including the weekend), but that won't happen now. The issue I am now faced with is which day do I ask my boss to have off?

I can't even make it to any of the final session because it will all be over by the time I finish work.

If Paul Lennon wants my vote, he will need to call a Public Holiday next week.

I'm really not happy about the fact the first time a final has been staged in Hobart and it's held midweek.

How do the others think the Tassie team will line-up (please don't post your team, just the changes, if any)?

I'm thinking Marsh in for Krejza will be the only change.

Well thank god i dont work can go to all 5 days but its still unfair on the workers who cant go at all. I would like to see Marsh and Griffith come in drop Clingleffer give Paine back the gloves and then drop Drew or Krejza. Dont think that will happen tho.

Can't see them giving Paine back the gloves, and I think it's not all bad to have Clinga in the side as he adds experience (even though he is only 26-27) which could become very handy late next week.

As much as I'd love to see Griffo play, I think it is too much of a risk given the depth we have in our fast-bowling stocks at the moment. He might have to wait to next year when we are going for back-to-back Pura Cups! (Ahh, wouldn't that be nice).

I'd say NSW would line up like this...

Jaques
Cowan
Katich
Thornley
Rohrer
Lambert
Smith
Cameron
Nicholson
Bollinger
MacGill

12th Casson

I see what you are saying but i think if griffith is fit they will play him. I still would like to see Krejza play tho gives us something different i suppose it depends on the pitch and all.

I'd say NSW would line up like this...

Jaques
Cowan
Katich
Thornley
Rohrer
Lambert
Smith
Cameron
Nicholson
Bollinger
MacGill

12th Casson

Are Katich, Lambert and Nicholson definately available for the final?

If so, I think your team is pretty well spot on.

I think Tassie will line up like this:

Di Venuto
Paine
Dighton
Birt
Bailey
Marsh
Butterworth
Clingeleffer
Wright
Drew
Hilfenhaus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid bloody idea staging the final during the middle of the working week in Hobart :thumbsdown:
There goes about 70% of the crowd that would've turned up had it had play on the weekend.

Go Tassie you can do it!! :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I guess its hard for us on the mainland to know what its like for Tasmania having never won anything before :p

I reckon the Premier should make Thursday a public holiday so everyone can get down and see the Pura Cup handed over to Simon Katich as its the closest they will get to it for a long time :D

Unfortunately this post probably guarantees Tassie victory :(

Absolute madness that the game is on monday till friday should be wednesday to sunday but oh well **** happens.

Tassie should and will win.

I guess its hard for us on the mainland to know what its like for Tasmania having never won anything before :p

I reckon the Premier should make Thursday a public holiday so everyone can get down and see the Pura Cup handed over to Simon Katich as its the closest they will get to it for a long time :D

Unfortunately this post probably guarantees Tassie victory :(

You're only as good as your last match eddie! I'm surprised to see your still on the cricket board after a pathetic choke by the Vics at season's end.

Beautiful time of the year to be between jobs :)

Problem is, if the final was anywhere else it wouldn't be as big a deal, so the difference between weekend and weekday crowds would be smaller. The deal with Fox was done a fair while back well before it was known it would be in Tassie, so I can understand why it was done.

Remove this Banner Ad

PURA CUP FINAL: Tasmania v New South Wales @ Bellerive (Mon 19th-Fri 23rd March)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back