PURA CUP FINAL: Tasmania v New South Wales @ Bellerive (Mon 19th-Fri 23rd March)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tassie must get to stumps with wickets in hand. This reminds me of last year - Victoria made it to stumps with 7 out for about 250 and they were bowled out in the first session. The rest is history. NSW are on top at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

250 up for Tassie great effort from where they were earlier in the day, Katich has helped by setting some strange fields. Get the feeling if the Tassie bowlers had NSW 5 for 90 odd they would have ran through the rest.

Oh man that was a close shout on the last ball of the day..

Pretty happy to be where we are at now when 200 was looking doubtful..Tail wagged nicely

Good comeback Tassie

Well done Wrighty and Luke Butterworth

Strong position now that we lasted the first day, struck that psychologial blow, and ate away at crucial NSW wicket-taking time!

Be nice to bat until lunch tomorrow, and then let Hilfy and Griff loose on an inexperienced NSW batting line-up

One of my bosses was trying to encourage me to pull a sickie and go down and watch with him tomorrow haha, still undecided!

One of my bosses was trying to encourage me to pull a sickie and go down and watch with him tomorrow haha, still undecided!
Do it! :D :thumbsu:

That is a wonderful comeback from 5/94, it would be lovely to get to 350 tomorrow. Either way at least there is a workable total in place now, which would hardly have been the case if we had been rolled for 150 odd.

Good fightback by Tassie - honours even at stumps. First session is crucial - if the tail continues and gets around 350 or more, it will be a competitve total. What worries Tassie is the pitch got better during the day so it could be great for batting over day 2 and 3.

Good fight back.

Hopefully Wrighty and Butters can guide us to a lead of about 320, then let Hilfy and Griffith let rip.

Remove this Banner Ad

PURA CUP FINAL: Tasmania v New South Wales @ Bellerive (Mon 19th-Fri 23rd March)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back