PURA CUP FINAL: Tasmania v New South Wales @ Bellerive (Mon 19th-Fri 23rd March)

Remove this Banner Ad

I plan to go to all the evening sessions (depending on whether I can leave work) and will maybe have Thursday or Friday off depending on the match situation.

Thornely already on to bowl, NSW bowling looks very weak and puts a lot of pressure on MacGill.

Just noticed on baggygreen, this comment:

Lambert to Dighton, FOUR, shot, half-volley on middle and leg and Dighton's spanked it through mid-wicket, four bits, too full from Biff Tanner

Any ideas how he gets this?

Its a conspiracy that Brad Haddin and Stuart Clark are not available for this match. They could have played the match, celebrated over the weekend and fly over to the Caribbean as back up in time for the Super 8's.

Cricket Australia screwing over NSW again. :rolleyes:

sig11.jpg
00000160-image.jpg

20.1 Lambert to Dighton, no run, left outside off, still getting them to dart about Grant Lambert, the big man with the dimple and buzzcut hairdo

20.3 Lambert to Dighton, no run, full and straight and Dighton digs it out, bowling well the chunky man from ...TBA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big chance here for George Bailey to show his full potential. Not a nice time to come in 10 minutes before lunch. Maybe a day-watchman!

What are your thoughts after the first session?

For me, losing Diva is a big thorn, and Tassie cannot afford to lose more than 1 wicket in the next session.

Sounds like the ball is swinging a bit, but not doing much off the pitch, which will be good for the Tassie bowlers. Fine conditions outside are not conducive to swing, so we may see even more over the next couple of days.

The ABC commentators were very impressed with Nicholson, and he will hold the key for NSW on this 1st day, given Hauritz and MacGill sounded like they haven't troubled the batsmen yet.

Tassie does bat quite low, but players like Clingeleffer, Butterworth and Wright are all capable of working around a 50 with a decent batsmen at the other end, but i wouldn't want to expose them to early.

Either way, it looks like a result is on the cards, which I am sure is how we all want it to be decided.

Yeah Ken agree with all your thoughts. The next hour is huge after lunch we have to consolidate and make sure we go to tea no more than 4 down. My prediction we will be 3 for 170 at tea.

Good effort by NSW early and would be slightly in front at the moment, with Birt's wicket putting them just ahead.
Bit of swing about still so the next session could be critical for both sides in setting up this game.I would think Tassie's objective today would be simply to bat out the day regardless of the score.

Remove this Banner Ad

PURA CUP FINAL: Tasmania v New South Wales @ Bellerive (Mon 19th-Fri 23rd March)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back