Pura Cup - QLD vs. NSW

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

A draw. Well done to both sides for making the most out of a rain affected match. Qld were the better side for the most part though. It was only the tantalising target that gave Qld late wickets to almost have a shot in the end however.

Without having seen the pitch, or bowlers form, wouldn't you think that a Noffke, Dawes or Hopes would be more threatening to a blocking tailender than Hauritz? Even to a left hander (like Bollinger - great avg he's got 2.83!) you'd think that a medium-small turner like Hauritz would only be dangerous if he was playing shots... which he isn't. 16 dot balls, 1 run and a legbye in Hauritz's last 3 overs to "not win" the match for Qld.

But it aint over yet.... Cricinfo must have got the overs left wrong... or have the umpires?

Yes, that means it's official. Vics in the final, and probably one outright away from hosting it. Just a question of who we play - Tas or Qld.

Would love to play the final at the Junction Oval. You can bat for days on that pitch. Where would it be, anyway?

Originally posted by RogerC
Yes, that means it's official. Vics in the final, and probably one outright away from hosting it. Just a question of who we play - Tas or Qld.

Would love to play the final at the Junction Oval. You can bat for days on that pitch. Where would it be, anyway?

So would Martin Love if QLD get's there!! Bic would take care of the wickets side of things.

C'mon Bulls!! Don't lose heart, Bic's coming back and Stuey's doing a Bradman!!!

cr.

Originally posted by RogerC
Where would it be, anyway?
Have they said it won't be at the G?

There's 10 days between the end of the final and the start of the AFL season assuming the game goes the distance. My horticultural knowledge isn't great but I would've thought they could get some grass to grow to AFL standard within ten days (Melbourne weather permitting).

Originally posted by Russian
There's 10 days between the end of the final and the start of the AFL season assuming the game goes the distance. My horticultural knowledge isn't great but I would've thought they could get some grass to grow to AFL standard within ten days (Melbourne weather permitting).

We have drop in pitches in melbourne. They could play the final and within a day dig up the pitch and replace it with lush turf.

If the Vics finish top the final is at the MCG as it is part of the cricket agreement with the MCC.

Vics might want to play the final away. 4 from 4 on the road and only 1 from 3 at home (with two draws at the Junction Oval).

I'm sure everyone will be supporting the Vics in the final bar whoever makes it out of Tassy or Qld

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Dry Rot
Given the attitude of the majority Vics posters here, you might be surprised that many of the non-Vic posters will go for your opponents.

I will be.

I don't know how we will be able to sleep at night knowing that fact.

Why?

Given the attitude of the majority Vics posters here, you might be surprised that many of the non-Vic posters will go for your opponents.

I will be.

David Hookes' death.

Generally people would be against us, simply because we have not only dominated this competition, but because we dominate this board.

It would take a petty individual to choose to support the opposition merely because we are vocal here, rather than supporting us in our campaign to fulfil David Hookes' dream.

Just my 2.2c worth.

Originally posted by marcuz
I don't know how we will be able to sleep at night knowing that fact.

DR's a good bloke, but if your state got owned time after time, you'd be down on the opposition as well. ;)

Originally posted by Russian
I'd probably support the Vics (am I really saying this?) if they played Queensland, but if they're playing Tassie, I will most likely be going for the underdogs because they never win anything.
I'd just like to see them wriggle and suffer, having never won anything. Nothing was worse than seeing Qld win in 1995, nothing!

Why?

I will be.

Don't understand the anti Vic stance on this board, not been around long enough.

Just thought cricket followers in general around Australia would like to see David Hookes' dream eventuate. A bit like Jason McCartney's comeback to footy. A happy ending to a tragic story.

A Pura Cup win wont bring Hookesy back but it will be a great story if it does happen

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
DR's a good bloke, but if your state got owned time after time, you'd be down on the opposition as well. ;)

Thank you Phat, and good luck in the final (we've had our share).

Although not touched like you guys about Hookes, I can see where you're coming from.

But say Tassie makes it. What about their hopes and dreams of winning their first Shield?

Originally posted by evfenton78
If the Vics finish top the final is at the MCG as it is part of the cricket agreement with the MCC.

Vics might want to play the final away. 4 from 4 on the road and only 1 from 3 at home (with two draws at the Junction Oval).

I'm sure everyone will be supporting the Vics in the final bar whoever makes it out of Tassy or Qld

Thanks for that. 4 from 4 on the road! That's magnificent. There was never any chance of a result vs Qld at the Junction Oval, but vs WA we managed (after having our chances written off and our tactics ridiculed by both Langer and Wayne Clark) to get ourselves in a winning position when rain intervened. So I'd be happy for us to play anyone anywhere. Impeccable record at the MCG thus far as well.

Not sure anyone from NSW would be all that keen on the Vics. If I wasn't a Victorian, I'd probably support Tasmania - always liked the underdogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pura Cup - QLD vs. NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back