QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Hay Mighty any chance of the pirates winning another game for the year ?

The burgers should be the least of your worries,

I was really hoping for big thing out of the your camp this year , but so far not much has changed other then the name and the jumper .

think your change needs to start at the top , playing group seem to be very talented but lack direction .

Hey hoff, pirates have won 3 straight since your expert appraisal. Please keep posting your pearls of wisdom, they're always good for a giggle

Flogs aside... Tigers vs Swans today upset my GF predictions (haven't seen Grifooka play yet) but Pine Rivers were heavy... Couldn't run & played like they didn't have to... Tigers delivered a lesson in spread, even Boucher wouldn't have made a difference! Their forward line lacked confidence outside 30m & the 'ruckman' kicks like an injured foal... Sorry if it seems harsh but Redcliffe were challenged slowly in the 3rd term but never looked threatened... If #6 is their coach he better appoint a sensible captain as playing a key role, coaching & on-field proved to be too much...this Colvin up forward, I tend to agree with the heckles from the past players, very nervous by foot outside the goal square... Have I slayed a good side? Nope! In the wet they will be well suited but in qld it'll prob be called off anyway!
Saw the ressies today also, great game, 2 very honest sides (insert UQ questions here) played an absolute cracker.. Both sides just simply worked...that Footy I hope to see more of

Any other match reports from over the weekend? Interesting to see GM and Ippy drew.

Good day of senior footy out at Oval 7 yesterday with Park Ridge winning by two goals in the end. UQ got out to a three goal lead in the third but the Pirates pegged us back to be up by a kick at 3QT. Pretty much goal for goal in the fourth, UQ had the lead a couple of times but it seemed that whenever we hit the front Park Ridge would score a couple of minutes later. I thought the Pirates' pressure was outstanding all day, they forced a lot of turnovers around the ground which turned into goals. Number 19 for the Pirates was best on for mine.

Good report Wester, was an excellent game and battle... Don't so much like the see-sawing last qtrs but that's footy... Good to hear Lutto is ok too. Hope you all ripped it up last night!! ;) Cheers for having us out there, always a good bunch to play against...

Some pretty interesting results from the weekend. The pirates are on the move and will make finals provided that they can keep their list healthy. I was out at the Ippswich V Griffith Moorooka game and it was a very tight contest all day. Both teams very hard at it and there were some very physical contests all around the ground. Ipswich started pretty strong but the roosters responded like all good sides do whenever there backs were against the wall. I think Ispwich were up by two goals at the last change but Morooka were clearly the dominant team in the last quarter. Most of the quarter was played inside there half and the ball was constantly inside their attacking 50. Ipswich fought hard though in defense and held on for a draw. The umpiring left a lot to be desired all day.. I thought Griffith Moorooka were on the receiving end of these bad calls more than Ipswich but it was generally very average. I don't usually like bagging out the umps but far out there were some very poor decisions... Number 7 for Griffith Moorooka was given a yellow card for laying a fair tackle from what I could see?

At the half way point my ladder prediction for end of season is:
1) Redcliffe
2) Griffith Moorooka
3) Pine Rivers
4) Park Ridge
5) UQ or Ipswich... maybe the latter but its very hard to read

Grand Final: Redcliffe V Griffith Moorooka

Whats everyones thoughts?

Hey guys I didn't make it to any games this weekend but looks interesting, season slowly taking shape.

Something different to get a bit of an on field look maybe a few questions about the opposition. Mix it up a bit !

Who do you rate as

Best player from opposition?

Best coach?

Best sledger ?

Hardest player ?

if any players read along would be interesting to see your thoughts.

Hey guys I didn't make it to any games this weekend but looks interesting, season slowly taking shape.

Something different to get a bit of an on field look maybe a few questions about the opposition. Mix it up a bit !

Who do you rate as

Best coach?

Best sledger ?

Hardest player ?

Currently

Best player #19 for park ridge/ Luke Ipswich still has a match winning ability

Best coach I'd say Moorooka coach but I'd get abused by snake eyes so I'll say red cliff are coached well.

Sledge .. Troy Morris gave some pretty good ones, or his side kick Corey burrel.

Hardest .. kp, had a good old brawl at Robina in 2010 with him .

Currently

Best player #19 for park ridge/ Luke Ipswich still has a match winning ability

Best coach I'd say Moorooka coach but I'd get abused by snake eyes so I'll say red cliff are coached well.

Sledge .. Troy Morris gave some pretty good ones, or his side kick Corey burrel.

Hardest .. kp, had a good old brawl at Robina in 2010 with him .[/QU

Who do you rate as

Best coach?

Best sledger ?

Hardest player ?

ive only seen alot of redcliffe moorooka and pine rivers so my answers would be

#21 Bond for Redcliffe, just an absolute powerhouse that can take a grab kick a ball 50 with 3 blokes attached to him and can rest up forward and be damaging

best coach surely would have to sit with either redcliffe or moorooka, lets remember where moorooka have come from

not sure who this was but someone from the redcliffe past player bar on Saturday yelled out after a deliberate free kick against redcliffe "that was as deliberate as 90% of births in pine rivers"

hardest player would probably go to the red nut #11 for redcliffe. suicidally attacks packs and backs into contests.

Some pretty interesting results from the weekend. The pirates are on the move and will make finals provided that they can keep their list healthy. I was out at the Ippswich V Griffith Moorooka game and it was a very tight contest all day. Both teams very hard at it and there were some very physical contests all around the ground. Ipswich started pretty strong but the roosters responded like all good sides do whenever there backs were against the wall. I think Ispwich were up by two goals at the last change but Morooka were clearly the dominant team in the last quarter. Most of the quarter was played inside there half and the ball was constantly inside their attacking 50. Ipswich fought hard though in defense and held on for a draw. The umpiring left a lot to be desired all day.. I thought Griffith Moorooka were on the receiving end of these bad calls more than Ipswich but it was generally very average. I don't usually like bagging out the umps but far out there were some very poor decisions... Number 7 for Griffith Moorooka was given a yellow card for laying a fair tackle from what I could see?

At the half way point my ladder prediction for end of season is:
1) Redcliffe
2) Griffith Moorooka
3) Pine Rivers
4) Park Ridge
5) UQ or Ipswich... maybe the latter but its very hard to read

Grand Final: Redcliffe V Griffith Moorooka

Whats everyones thoughts?
quite an interesting description of the game i may say, from where i stood the only thing that kept the roosters in the contest was the constant easy marks dropped, handballs missing targets from the eagles you are right tho there was some big hits and the eagles were constantly pinged for it especially the big one in the third quarter on the club house side wing where the eagle back up ruck man absolutely ironed one of the roosters out can't remember which number he was but he was ****ed but nothing in it all aboard,as for being favoured by the umps they were shit for both sides,I'm thinking you must be a roosters supporter or have some mates there,and for number 7 being sent of thats what happens when you get tagged out of the game and then start getting a bit dirty, obviously he has had it all his way this year up until saturday. the eagles skills weren't that great but defend they did with the result in flowers being shifted further up the ground to try and get a kick.Even know it was a draw the eagle have shown the league how these guys will be beaten suffocate flowers,number 7 and keep shawy quite and maintain the pressure/intensity for the whole game where most other teams have fallen apart,they have been there or a bouts at 3qtr time even in front half way through the last qtr but have just not been able to keep the pressure/intensity up and the roosters then come over the top well it almost happened saturday again eagles controlled most of the game but your right mate they tired badly towards the end but they manage to keep the pressure on so the roosters couldn't kick away.Moorooka and redcliffe most likely will finish 1 and 2 but 3,4 and 5 can go any way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

quite an interesting description of the game i may say, from where i stood the only thing that kept the roosters in the contest was the constant easy marks dropped, handballs missing targets from the eagles you are right tho there was some big hits and the eagles were constantly pinged for it especially the big one in the third quarter on the club house side wing where the eagle back up ruck man absolutely ironed one of the roosters out can't remember which number he was but he was ****** but nothing in it all aboard,as for being favoured by the umps they were shit for both sides,I'm thinking you must be a roosters supporter or have some mates there,and for number 7 being sent of thats what happens when you get tagged out of the game and then start getting a bit dirty, obviously he has had it all his way this year up until saturday. the eagles skills weren't that great but defend they did with the result in flowers being shifted further up the ground to try and get a kick.Even know it was a draw the eagle have shown the league how these guys will be beaten suffocate flowers,number 7 and keep shawy quite and maintain the pressure/intensity for the whole game where most other teams have fallen apart,they have been there or a bouts at 3qtr time even in front half way through the last qtr but have just not been able to keep the pressure/intensity up and the roosters then come over the top well it almost happened saturday again eagles controlled most of the game but your right mate they tired badly towards the end but they manage to keep the pressure on so the roosters couldn't kick away.Moorooka and redcliffe most likely will finish 1 and 2 but 3,4 and 5 can go any way.

Wow . 7 kept quiet?? just the lazy 4 goals from the ruck . And only time wasn't inluencial was when the umpires tried to give the rest of the kids (myself included) a fair go by choosing into give him a rest. It was a rubbish send off but hey not much made sense from those umpires, however without them we have no game so move on to next week . But as a player it didn't feel like either team had control at all eagles 3 goals from 50 mtrs and flower 6 shots on goal in blustery conditions.

Eagles where good and should push the 4 if they can travel quality side when all there vets are playing well. Was a good game big hits all fair I thought nothing over the top.

Been hearing from a reliable source the saints are talking them self up big time they got the roosters this week by at least 60 they tell me ! If that's the case ... my hammy is sore !

quite an interesting description of the game i may say, from where i stood the only thing that kept the roosters in the contest was the constant easy marks dropped, handballs missing targets from the eagles you are right tho there was some big hits and the eagles were constantly pinged for it especially the big one in the third quarter on the club house side wing where the eagle back up ruck man absolutely ironed one of the roosters out can't remember which number he was but he was ****** but nothing in it all aboard,as for being favoured by the umps they were shit for both sides,I'm thinking you must be a roosters supporter or have some mates there,and for number 7 being sent of thats what happens when you get tagged out of the game and then start getting a bit dirty, obviously he has had it all his way this year up until saturday. the eagles skills weren't that great but defend they did with the result in flowers being shifted further up the ground to try and get a kick.Even know it was a draw the eagle have shown the league how these guys will be beaten suffocate flowers,number 7 and keep shawy quite and maintain the pressure/intensity for the whole game where most other teams have fallen apart,they have been there or a bouts at 3qtr time even in front half way through the last qtr but have just not been able to keep the pressure/intensity up and the roosters then come over the top well it almost happened saturday again eagles controlled most of the game but your right mate they tired badly towards the end but they manage to keep the pressure on so the roosters couldn't kick away.Moorooka and redcliffe most likely will finish 1 and 2 but 3,4 and 5 can go any way.

So Ipswich shouldn't loose another game ever just keep every teams guns quiet and play high intensity football for four whole qaurters every week and the flag is yours . If only it was that simple u are clearly a very biased Ipswich person which for that I feel sorry for you .

So Ipswich shouldn't loose another game ever just keep every teams guns quiet and play high intensity football for four whole qaurters every week and the flag is yours . If only it was that simple u are clearly a very biased Ipswich person which for that I feel sorry for you .
were back your just a flog mate we all know that ipswich have problems with stringing 4 quarters of footy together all I'm saying is that they closed down the roosters players who have been their keys all year, plus i stated who would finish top 2 but the other 3 spots are wide open with the next 4 teams in no order, no one said anything about flags, and for high intensity for quarters the rooster have done it all year but saturday was the first time that someone stuck with them for the whole game. don't feel sorry for me mate its pretty obvious mate you don't have a clue about footy, and as far as number 4 all i was meaning is that he didn't control the game a much as he has done for the roosters so far this year

Last edited:
were back your just a flog mate we all know that ipswich have problems with stringing 4 quarters of footy together all I'm saying is that they closed down the roosters players who have been their keys all year, plus i stated who would finish top 2 but the other 3 spots are wide open with the next 4 teams in no order, no one said anything about flags, and for high intensity for quarters the rooster have done it all year but saturday was the first time that someone stuck with them for the whole game. don't feel sorry for me mate its pretty obvious mate you don't have a clue about footy, and as far as number 4 all i was meaning is that he didn't control the game a much as he has done for the roosters so far this year

Do you mean #4 the full forward? I've seen 4 roosters games this year and they won all 4 quiet easily against tigers and uni (no walk overs by any stretch of the imagination) and #4 didn't have any control . He kicked goals and lead well but wasn't the match winner .I don't think shutting him down is the key! Roosters seem to have to much run from all lines and way way to much height! But sounds like the eagles played a great game. And could have easily taken the full 4 points .

What's going on with the swans ? Are they not up to the challenge or will they do just enough and come good at at the pointy end ?

What Will be the game this week to watch ?

Have beenleigh improved alot or have they had less competition in Logan and carrara ?

So even though these two incidents were almost identical; one had nothing in it and one was dirty enough to warrant a yellow card? Maybe you should drop your resume in to the AFL MRP. Both deserved a free kick, neither warranted a 15 min rest.

Lucky Ducky, I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say number 7 was tagged out of it. Yeah it took him a while to get going in this particular game because the eagles were paying close attention to him but he worked himself well into the game and I thought he was one of the best on by the end... well except for when he was yellow carded! Still unsure of what exactly you are referring to when you say that he started getting dirty because he didn't have it all his way. Looks like a fair hard player to me with an abundance of talent! Anyway your entitled to your opinion... as unpopular and ungrounded as it may be you are still entitled to it. Anyway I agree that if the eagles can perform like they did on saturday consistently and away from home than they are definitely a top 4 side and can potentially go deep into finals!

Anyway getting in early this week with my tips:

Parkridge by 8-10 goals
Griffith Moorooka by 4-6 goals
Redcliffe by 2-3 goals
Logan in a very close one

Wow definitely all happening on here... If a player kicks 4 from the ruck (including a 15 min forced break) then I reckon he influenced the game! 6 shots on goal in blustery conditions however means little... I saw Ipswich at Redcliffe early & said if they removed their own clangers they are a very good side. Drawing with a top side that's been hunted & challenged for 2 months doesn't however just equal greatness.
Off field questions: as an ex-player hard to answer but Boucher was a young gun when I played, sledging seems to be non-existent now (so many 'nice guys') & coaching is very subjective at this level..
I'm still shocked as to how many guys get on here quoting they just watch local footy, looking for a club or any other reason to find an obscure thread such as this...how about a few more guys just admit the club they support - no wonder sledging is dead!!
Anyway - Carrara & Ipswich threats now, Park Ridge a genuine finals player, Pine will regroup & peak in a timely fashion, Redcliffe tracking well, UQ will struggle to remain in the hunt & Griffith will plateau momentarily but get a second wind just in time.. Logan.....Beenleigh...

Last edited:
A lot of back and forth arguments going on.

Early tips for this week.

Park Ridge too strong for beenleigh 40+
GM in a close match 3 goals
Redcliffe by 3+ goals
And Logan for an upset by 4 goals.

A lot of back and forth arguments going on.

Early tips for this week.
Park Ridge too strong for
beenleigh 40+
GM in a close match 3 goals
Redcliffe by 3+ goals
And Logan for an upset by 4 goals.
Park Ridge by 12 points - time for the buffaloes to show something & catch the Pirates unaware & on a high.
Griffith by 19 points to keep the myth alive but the more grueling the wins become...the better the the top 5 will be.
Redcliffe by 8 points in another Ipswich 'contest'
Logan by 36 with Milligan, by 14 without him...
Pine Rivers to hit the pools & beaches, light training session & focus on getting their best 22 primed or lose to the bye by a kick

So if Redcliffe and bond are so good why did they drop down a div?
ive only seen alot of redcliffe moorooka and pine rivers so my answers would be

#21 Bond for Redcliffe, just an absolute powerhouse that can take a grab kick a ball 50 with 3 blokes attached to him and can rest up forward and be damaging

best coach surely would have to sit with either redcliffe or moorooka, lets remember where moorooka have come from

not sure who this was but someone from the redcliffe past player bar on Saturday yelled out after a deliberate free kick against redcliffe "that was as deliberate as 90% of births in pine rivers"

hardest player would probably go to the red nut #11 for redcliffe. suicidally attacks packs and backs into contests.
uut why

So if Redcliffe and bond are so good why did they drop down a div?

uut why

The club went into liquidation at the end of 2013. They lost the clubhouse (the restaurant and pokies). Very lucky the council let them continue. With the club on the verge of completely folding the players, family & friends all came together and it's made them stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back