QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

With VP's away record so far they aren't a sure thing at Redcliffe this week.

Ipswich will push Moorooka at home regardless in the last round, but with that extra incentive of an unlikely finals spot they could be really dangerous.

With VP's away record so far they aren't a sure thing at Redcliffe this week.

Ipswich will push Moorooka at home regardless in the last round, but with that extra incentive of an unlikely finals spot they could be really dangerous.
Ipswich at home are never easy thats for sure.

Ipswich at home are never easy thats for sure.
They came very close to beating Bond at home and did quite well against GM away earlier in the season. Their form seems to be quite volatile, but when they bring it, they can match it with the best. Danger.

They came very close to beating Bond at home and did quite well against GM away earlier in the season. Their form seems to be quite volatile, but when they bring it, they can match it with the best. Danger.

Yes but they also only drew with us at their place in a game that I thought we really should have won. Might be interesting to see how this week's games go first, as we play them at our place.
I think Viccy Point are really in the box seat to take 5th place and really just make up the numbers come finals.

Been lurking around here for a while so thought I'd finally post something, don't crucify me! From what I've seen the ladder will end up something close to;

Bond - Class above with youth, run & carry. Only question mark is how they'll handle finals footy.
Griffith Moorooka - Been there, done that, will go deep into finals.
South East Suns - The discipline instilled into the club from the coaching staff, plus the surfers recruits should pay dividends. Really need Milligan & the big key fwd back to straighten them up though.
Carrara - Haven't seen them but the win away on the weekend proves their credentials.
Victoria Point - Who knows??? Capable of anything if they can get their best 22 on the park, playing 50 odd players through 10 rounds means it hasn't happened yet.. not sure the commitment is there.
Park Ridge - Mid season injuries could see them just drop out of the 5.
Ipswich - Best of the rest, slow start will cost them but will definitely trouble a few above them late in the year.
Redcliffe - disappointing, but the interrupted start due to factors outside of their control definitely didn't help.
Wynnum - Rely on too few to do too much.
Pine Rivers - Struggling.
Beenleigh - trying hard but their list just isn't good enough to be competitive.
The S.E.Suns are coming good at the right end of the season with quite a bit of work to do how ever Te amount of talent there is amazing and if they keep playing with that sort of passion you never know how far they can go. Not bad for a first season club.

The S.E.Suns are coming good at the right end of the season with quite a bit of work to do how ever Te amount of talent there is amazing and if they keep playing with that sort of passion you never know how far they can go. Not bad for a first season club.
Let's not kid ourselves. The Suns are definitely not a first season club.

I doubt even Wynnum wouldn't consider themselves a first season club !!

Beenleigh have only 5 players playing now from their 2013 gf side. That doesn't make them a new club does it?
No it makes them a disaster, won only 3 senior games in two years since then. Buffs are not the shadow of the club they were in 2013!!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it makes them a disaster, won only 3 senior games in two years since then. Buffs are not the shadow of the club they were in 2013!!!!
My point still stands-- virtually an entirely new playing roster, but they're still Beenleigh. Even had a jumper design change in 2013 but still called Beenleigh. Get my point yet?

And, just to elaborate further, I look at the Logan/ SE Suns thing like the Bruce " Kaitlyn " Jenner thing. Bruce can change his name to Kaitlyn, put on some make up and a long flowing gown, or even a skimpy 2 piece bikini ( urrgghh, spew, vomit ) and convince himself that he's now Kaitlyn, but in the end, he's just a confused Bruce.

My point still stands-- virtually an entirely new playing roster, but they're still Beenleigh. Even had a jumper design change in 2013 but still called Beenleigh. Get my point yet?
Logan were folded up, Suns formed new club with new constitution, new management committee, change of colors with totally new design, new playing roster, new coaches. The only thing that remains the same from Logan days is the venue. Can you get your mind around that?
Buff decided to stay a stand alone club and not merge with Logan, no change, everything remains the same other than players moving on. Total different situation no comparison between Buff and Suns

Last edited:
And, just to elaborate further, I look at the Logan/ SE Suns thing like the Bruce " Kaitlyn " Jenner thing. Bruce can change his name to Kaitlyn, put on some make up and a long flowing gown, or even a skimpy 2 piece bikini ( urrgghh, spew, vomit ) and convince himself that he's now Kaitlyn, but in the end, he's just a confused Bruce.
I think your confused Twinkle

Logan were folded up, Suns formed new club with new constitution, new management committee, change of colors with totally new design, new playing roster, new coaches. The only thing that remains the same from Logan days is the venue. Can you get your mind around that?
Buff decided to stay a stand alone club and not merge with Logan, no change, everything remains the same other than players moving on. Total different situation no comparison between Buff and Suns
Still sounds like Bruce to me

Still sounds like Bruce to me
From the weekends game that played v moorooka
Seniors 9 Logan Players, 8 Surfers and 4 Beenleigh and 1 new player
Reserves 16 Logan 2 Beenleigh and 4 new Players
several of the Surfers guys did not play last year....8 of the Logan players had one or two years off
Sounds like a new bunch to me

From the weekends game that played v moorooka
Seniors 9 Logan Players, 8 Surfers and 4 Beenleigh and 1 new player
Reserves 16 Logan 2 Beenleigh and 4 new Players
several of the Surfers guys did not play last year....8 of the Logan players had one or two years off
Sounds like a new bunch to me

25 Logan players out of 44. Would be pretty consistent with a lot of teams from year to year with turn over.

25 Logan players out of 44. Would be pretty consistent with a lot of teams from year to year with turn over.
Morro in your experience playing against Logan / Suns during the past decade, your opinion will be held in high regard, if only by my good self.
Are the Suns doing a Bruce?
New club new culture?

Hey Moro, coming to the end of the season and not being the youngest of players I am weighing some things up and am considering turning to the Lime Green side.
Who do i get in touch with to find out what is involved or what I steps I might need to take?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back