QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

AN I think you have way to much spare time on your hands and just like stirring up crap about things that don't even concern you.
I take back my statement about you being local because obviously you have no idea about getting stuff into our local paper!
I apologize on behalf of our coach and our club for having a goal, being ambitious and trying to sell our club in OUR LOCAL media.
I am sorry this has offended your genteel sensibilities AN and recommend that you maybe refrain from reading the local Wynnum rag (not that we will probably get that many stories in). Hope you have a great season throwing rocks from the sideline!
Last comment on this ....I'm not throwing stones and the crap that doesnt concern me..im involved with a club in this division so I think when I see a paper article from a club in that comp I have right to comment...I'm not throwing stones at the Wynnum club for wanting to grow and improve....i am expressing the lack of respect your coach showed towards the other clubs in this comp with his comments......
Good luck to the Vikings and to all the other clubs in the comp.....and to all players hopefully no serious injuries......

Rubbish.

No offense, but when we were close to full strength - Jimboomba were our toughest opponents in 2014. Might have just been a match-up thing, but we gave Wynnum 2 complete hidings and were pretty undermanned for the Prelim in torrential rain. It's the nature of our club I suppose, but 2 of our best players didn't play the GF either.
Scotty G was the best player at Wynnum by a mile when the whips were cracking. C'mon Macca, I think you know where the best midfield was!
Those other boys may have racked up the touches against the bottom sides, but they were nowhere to be seen when it mattered.
Good luck MacMan, I will miss having an opponent older than me!
Hope you boys go well in QAFA A - next step the AFL :)

Crying out loud Thommo, that must have taken you hours to write that much! No offense taken here mate, except for the old crack at the end. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Maybe as you said it was as you said a match-up thing but come finals Jimboomba went missing. But granted your midfield did give us a serve, especially in the final and the great service out of the midfield sure made my night miserable in the backs. I just want to point out that while everyone keeps saying a complete hiding it was only a 40 point game. That is less then the Sydney lost thewir grand final by. We were well beaten granted but a complete hiding is a bit harsh big fella!
Anyway all old history now. I agree Scotty certainly knows how to get a footy, not the fittest guy to play but one of the toughest I have ever had the pleasure to play with, and a nice fella as well.
Hope you guys have another great year in whatever the hell division it is you play in (3rd/4th; A or B).
You never know where the club might head but at my age I have certainly missed my AFL shot I think!

Again good luck to all the clubs.
I am certainly looking forward to everyone being able to stop all the guessing and actually seeing where some clubs are at in this division.
Looking forward to playing some footy and hopefully to a good start against the buffs!

What's wrong with Wynnum trying to get back to the division where they believe the club belongs? Sitting back in Div 4 was the easy option for the club, And yes clubs do take the easier option by wanting to be the Big Fish in a Very Very Small Pond. Good for you!

The Vikings need to focus this year on playing a positive brand of footy, while trying to improve on their list for next year, make it a club where people want to be, as it once was during the golden period for the Vikings. That's how the Vikings will be successful and take the next step up to the QFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wynnum to beat the Buffs but not by as much as most think, close game.
Victoria Point up in a close one against Ippy
Roosters just against the Tigers
Swans to down Carrara on their Kiwi sized cricket ground
Suns to get up in a thriller over Park Ridge

Wynnum vs Beenleigh - I have to go with Wynnum, even though they have only come up from fielding one team last year I just can't see the Buffs getting the chocolates. The loss of most of their best players to the Suns could see them get the wooden spoon again this season if they manage to survive in this league but I hope they prove me wrong. Vikings by 25;

Victoria Point vs Ipswich - Think home ground advantage with help the Sharks in this game but think Ipswich will just win in a nailbiter. Eagles by 4;

Redcliffe vs Griffith Moorooka - Been a few changes at Redcliffe in the off season going off of this forum so I have to put my money on Griffith Moorooka to take this one out, especially because they won the flag last year. Roosters by 16;

Carrara vs Pine Rivers - A heap of in and outs for Pine Rivers during pre-season and the travelling factor never helps your chances. Carrara haven't said much so don't have any idea of how they are going to go but my tip for this one will be based on how both sides went last year. Swans by 21;

Park Ridge vs South East - Mmm this could well be the game of the round. Park Ridge have picked up some players from Springwood and should help them be competitive this season and home ground advantage will certainly help them in this game. South East have picked up a heap of players from Beenleigh and half a dozen from Surfers and with Milligan back playing they could well be one of the teams to beat this year. My tip in this one will purely be based on this club picking up higher level players - Suns by 8.

With limited knowledge I'll tip

Wynnum
Ipswich
Griffith Moorooka
Pine Rivers
Suns

Vikings by 10 goals
Ipswich by 6 goals
Roosters by 5 goals
Pine rivers by 8 goals
South East Suns by 2 goals

Wynnum vs Beenleigh - I have to go with Wynnum, even though they have only come up from fielding one team last year I just can't see the Buffs getting the chocolates. The loss of most of their best players to the Suns could see them get the wooden spoon again this season if they manage to survive in this league but I hope they prove me wrong. Vikings by 25;

Victoria Point vs Ipswich - Think home ground advantage with help the Sharks in this game but think Ipswich will just win in a nailbiter. Eagles by 4;

Redcliffe vs Griffith Moorooka - Been a few changes at Redcliffe in the off season going off of this forum so I have to put my money on Griffith Moorooka to take this one out, especially because they won the flag last year. Roosters by 16;

Carrara vs Pine Rivers - A heap of in and outs for Pine Rivers during pre-season and the travelling factor never helps your chances. Carrara haven't said much so don't have any idea of how they are going to go but my tip for this one will be based on how both sides went last year. Swans by 21;

Park Ridge vs South East - Mmm this could well be the game of the round. Park Ridge have picked up some players from Springwood and should help them be competitive this season and home ground advantage will certainly help them in this game. South East have picked up a heap of players from Beenleigh and half a dozen from Surfers and with Milligan back playing they could well be one of the teams to beat this year. My tip in this one will purely be based on this club picking up higher level players - Suns by 8.

Most our best players ?
We lost 2 senior players the rest played reserves, all top blokes

Do you rate Shane? Even though he is Vice captain ? Please tell me he got rid of that mo lol

I haven't seen him play since he was at Springwood few years back, he was playing seniors back then, so yes think he will be a good player for the Suns when and only when he gets rid of that ridiculous Mo, until then maybe not

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back