QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the rain would have forced it to be cancelled anyway unfortunately. I am totally against cancelling any game because of the weather, but I think most grounds will be swimming pools by this afternoon.

Hey Nut ..... I was reliably informed that the decision was made at the presidents meeting last night that it was due to lack of numbers. That aside I'm not sure what either club would get out of playing water polo tonight

Hey Nut ..... I was reliably informed that the decision was made at the presidents meeting last night that it was due to lack of numbers. That aside I'm not sure what either club would get out of playing water polo tonight

Yeah not disagreeing with you at all man, I am sure it was lack of numbers. Some of those teams would only be back training a couple of weeks and may still be trying to drag players back to training. And yeah, it certainly would have been a game of water polo.

Will a decision be made today about the practice matches scheduled for tomorrow ??

Yeah not disagreeing with you at all man, I am sure it was lack of numbers. Some of those teams would only be back training a couple of weeks and may still be trying to drag players back to training. And yeah, it certainly would have been a game of water polo.

Will a decision be made today about the practice matches scheduled for tomorrow ??

Most clubs will be making a decision at some point today as to whether games will go ahead.

Surely the games won't go ahead though... Flooding, a 20 goal breeze, chance of injury and at the end of the day teams probably won't get much out of it anyway

Everyone loves comparing to vic but never would a ground in vic experience 150mm of rain in a 48hr period. Just dumb to play games in these conditions.

That is true SMY, and being that they are only practice matches, fair enough. But consider some of the games that have been called off in the past, and it really is beyond a joke.

Yeah not disagreeing on SOME of the games Peanut but again, the rain periods we receive here are intense, even in winter, and most footy grounds can't cope. I think it is just nonsensical to compare "back in Vic" where heavy rain constitutes 20mm to here where it is not uncommon to receive 50mm in 1hr. Too early for prac matches anyway - just a good reason to get injured.

Ipswich will come unstuck at the pointy end when they have to play the "better" sides in finals. But who's to say who the better sides are atm. Time will tell.
ipswich will come unstuck? most people on here have tipped them to finish top 3 and I'm predicting them to finish top 2, who cares if they play one top 5 side twice, the way most of you guys talk on here your club as already got the gf wrapped up,if your clubs are as good as you say it shouldn't matter who you play twice or once,I'm predicting my club to finish bottom 3 as we are rebuilding but hey we don't care as long as we get a game every week

ipswich will come unstuck? most people on here have tipped them to finish top 3 and I'm predicting them to finish top 2, who cares if they play one top 5 side twice, the way most of you guys talk on here your club as already got the gf wrapped up,if your clubs are as good as you say it shouldn't matter who you play twice or once,I'm predicting my club to finish bottom 3 as we are rebuilding but hey we don't care as long as we get a game every week

Your club being? they could finish on top. Not saying they won't. Who actually knows how well each team will do? You'll find out at the end of the season.

You were informed incorrectly.

Given the AFLQ meeting on Thu night didn't even have Moorooka present!

I rang Webby on Monday night to let him know we would be unlikely to have sufficient numbers for the game. I was in Melbourne for work, but it was reported to me that we had 16 at training and a number of guys would be unavailable, and some are carrying niggles.

We have only been training 2 weeks, so having a game this early was going to be a stretch - but given we owe Moorooka a years worth of favours, we were going to do our best to get there for a game, even if to just patronise their bar.

Problem with sites like this one, with everyone hiding behind a pseudonym, is that some of us just use our real names and actually do know what is going on, which can put the rubbish to rest pretty quickly!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You were informed incorrectly.

Given the AFLQ meeting on Thu night didn't even have Moorooka present!

I rang Webby on Monday night to let him know we would be unlikely to have sufficient numbers for the game. I was in Melbourne for work, but it was reported to me that we had 16 at training and a number of guys would be unavailable, and some are carrying niggles.

We have only been training 2 weeks, so having a game this early was going to be a stretch - but given we owe Moorooka a years worth of favours, we were going to do our best to get there for a game, even if to just patronise their bar.

Problem with sites like this one, with everyone hiding behind a pseudonym, is that some of us just use our real names and actually do know what is going on, which can put the rubbish to rest pretty quickly!

Not sure what you are getting upset about, his mail was fairly correct - lack of numbers, as you just said.

Yeah not disagreeing on SOME of the games Peanut but again, the rain periods we receive here are intense, even in winter, and most footy grounds can't cope. I think it is just nonsensical to compare "back in Vic" where heavy rain constitutes 20mm to here where it is not uncommon to receive 50mm in 1hr. Too early for prac matches anyway - just a good reason to get injured.

I just hope you are not in a position to be calling off games, because it is done with far too much regularity due to weather, and not because of freak storms, just due to rain. The "grounds can't cope" line is rubbish. The grass will grow back, and with the weather we get here most of the time, pretty damn quickly too. I am not too concerned about practice matches being called off at this time of year though, still very early in the season.

I just hope you are not in a position to be calling off games, because it is done with far too much regularity due to weather, and not because of freak storms, just due to rain. The "grounds can't cope" line is rubbish. The grass will grow back, and with the weather we get here most of the time, pretty damn quickly too. I am not too concerned about practice matches being called off at this time of year though, still very early in the season.

im all for matches being called of cause of heavy rain for long periods, we have to do our best to preserve our grounds and look after our facilities , the grass wont grow back that quick when your constantly training on it and most clubs have juniors training on the same field . and the important one is prevention of injuries soft grounds or more prone for injuries that has potential to be long-term and im sure every player does not want long periods of time off work or risk losing there job
id love to be able to play in the wet but sometimes decisions have to be made to ensure player management and facility management

im all for matches being called of cause of heavy rain for long periods, we have to do our best to preserve our grounds and look after our facilities , the grass wont grow back that quick when your constantly training on it and most clubs have juniors training on the same field . and the important one is prevention of injuries soft grounds or more prone for injuries that has potential to be long-term and im sure every player does not want long periods of time off work or risk losing there job
id love to be able to play in the wet but sometimes decisions have to be made to ensure player management and facility management

If safety truly was such a concern, more games should be called off with extreme heat and the rock hard grounds that are typical in Queensland most of the time. That never occurs though ?? Rock hard grounds are just as bad, if not worse than soft grounds for injuries. And for interests sake, how many years did you live in Vic or SA ?? It rains for days, and weeks on end, Saturday comes round, the juniors play in the morning, and the Seniors play in the afternoon, regardless of rain, hail or shine, literally.

If safety truly was such a concern, more games should be called off with extreme heat and the rock hard grounds that are typical in Queensland most of the time. That never occurs though ?? Rock hard grounds are just as bad, if not worse than soft grounds for injuries. And for interests sake, how many years did you live in Vic or SA ?? It rains for days, and weeks on end, Saturday comes round, the juniors play in the morning, and the Seniors play in the afternoon, regardless of rain, hail or shine, literally.
It's a fair discussion point but maybe you should move back down south if you are that keen to play in bad conditions?

It's a fair discussion point but maybe you should move back down south if you are that keen to play in bad conditions?

Hahaha, nah not that keen, but cancelling games because of it to me is a joke. Look at the games supposed to be played tonight in Brisbane. The soccer tonight was cancelled, but lets face it, they are a bunch of weak pricks, but the rugby union is still being played. Self righteous pricks who think they are so important that they need to impact players/clubs/seasons with their decisions are the real problem.

Wynnum Ground looked like a swimming pool this afternoon and most roads cut off to try and get in here as well.

Yeah I agree, wet games are fun, especially if you are old and slow like me, brings everyone back to my level!!
But games where you can potentially drown!!! Not so much.

Yeah I agree, wet games are fun, especially if you are old and slow like me, brings everyone back to my level!!
But games where you can potentially drown!!! Not so much.

They are even more fun!! While it wasn't a game I played in, I went and watched the NEAFL game last year between Redlands and NT Thunder at Victoria Point, and there were some huge puddles on that ground that particular day. The assistant was giving players messages and a drink bottle after they had come off with a rotation and was having to walk through ankle deep water to do so in his flash leather shoes. You definitely would have needed to hold your breath if you got tackled that's for sure !!

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back