QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Moreton bay looked alright probably because redcliffe were terrible went inside 50 maybe 10 times the standard between comps is huge anyone who doesn't think so doesn't know doesn't know football
QFA Senior team pumped a QAFA 2/3 ressies team...hardly unpredictable or impressive re: result. I didn't see the event that has MB Lions setting 2015 alight and Redcliffe as wooden spooners but from what i heard full credit to Robbie and the level of fitness he's instilled in a new group (last year's 25 at training probably weren't surprised by their 2014 results). The youth and Sandgateness should at the very least reduce the losing margins this year.
After hearing the side that had a run for Redcliffe, then not surprised about the hiding but not sure as to selection criteria

QFA Senior team pumped a QAFA 2/3 ressies team...hardly unpredictable or impressive re: result. I didn't see the event that has MB Lions setting 2015 alight and Redcliffe as wooden spooners but from what i heard full credit to Robbie and the level of fitness he's instilled in a new group (last year's 25 at training probably weren't surprised by their 2014 results). The youth and Sandgateness should at the very least reduce the losing margins this year.
After hearing the side that had a run for Redcliffe, then not surprised about the hiding but not sure as to selection criteria
It's was redcliffe's 1's not 2's that played they just looked like a ressies side with how they played today haha

The opportunity to play in front of the biggest ground of the season I would have thought both teams would be close to full strength, I don't buy that we played our two's bullshit, seriously?

The opportunity to play in front of the biggest ground of the season I would have thought both teams would be close to full strength, I don't buy that we played our two's bullshit, seriously?
Fair point car maker, I used to love playing "in front of a big ground"(wtf).
Speaking to mates that played, at least 10 names I heard were reserves players for 2015. In front of a big 'crowd' (or in front of a big ground) its February so only those starved of victories ie Caboolture and Sandgate would have given 2 shits about today.

Fair point car maker, I used to love playing "in front of a big ground"(wtf).
Speaking to mates that played, at least 10 names I heard were reserves players for 2015. In front of a big 'crowd' (or in front of a big ground) its February so only those starved of victories ie Caboolture and Sandgate would have given 2 shits about today.
Something's gone terribly wrong at Redcliffe for them to no longer care about beating their old rivals, guess they don't give a toss about the Cup either. Must be fielding a 2's and a 3's side this year by the sounds of it.

Pretty solid gap between the comps, but I think Redcliffe will still struggle to repeat 2014.

Something's gone terribly wrong at Redcliffe for them to no longer care about beating their old rivals, guess they don't give a toss about the Cup either. Must be fielding a 2's and a 3's side this year by the sounds of it.

Pretty solid gap between the comps, but I think Redcliffe will still struggle to repeat 2014.
Yep. Whilst the cup is in February across 2 divisions it is totally worthless

Maybe you should tell AFLQ and MB that so next year they can organise a side that wants to play rather than one that doesn't give a shit and sends its reserves for whipping.
I agree. I hope the dominant Lions hold on to that cup dearly, and hell, maybe a win against Nambour could have a cup too... they could fill a cabinet without making finals...

W

I bet the councilor with his name on it doesn't think so !!
Whats everyone so surprised about? A QFA team beat a QAFA team-- that's what should happen. As many people have said, qafa a has dropped dramatically in standard since 2013 and, although it's one of the more popular comps in Australia, judging by the 50 pages of comment so far on this forum, the quality doesn't merit the hype. Gap between the comps... Pfffttt, no comparison!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W

Whats everyone so surprised about? A QFA team beat a QAFA team-- that's what should happen. As many people have said, qafa a has dropped dramatically in standard since 2013 and, although it's one of the more popular comps in Australia, judging by the 50 pages of comment so far on this forum, the quality doesn't merit the hype. Gap between the comps... Pfffttt, no comparison!
So true...it's not the surprise that has me posting it's the result emphasis that has me surprised! Competition standard is in the eye of the beholder and at least QAFA has a level of equality, QFA was a farce in 2014 and could reach that level again...although after today expect huge things from the Moreton Bay Lions!

W

I think the surprising part Twinkle, was that it was a belting. Tigers were never even in the game, and were uncompetitive. When they did win the footy in the back half, they looked totally stuck with absolutely no idea on how to move the ball forward. From years past, I think most expected a contest. As for the 50 pages here, there is some quality banter and sledging in there. Highly enjoyable. Wingman got quite a few cheers and sledges today from the sidelines, no doubt due to this forum. Didn't see anything resembling that sort of attention from the crowd in the Lions V Saints game !!

I think the surprising part Twinkle, was that it was a belting. Tigers were never even in the game, and were uncompetitive. When they did win the footy in the back half, they looked totally stuck with absolutely no idea on how to move the ball forward. From years past, I think most expected a contest. As for the 50 pages here, there is some quality banter and sledging in there. Highly enjoyable. Wingman got quite a few cheers and sledges today from the sidelines, no doubt due to this forum. Didn't see anything resembling that sort of attention from the crowd in the Lions V Saints game !!
Don't be surprised by the result mate, Dickfos is a quality coach, his sons are good footballers and some of the Sandgate guys would be stars in QAFA (A). The reality is 1st box ticked for MBL, but nothing achieved so nothing to suggest a great year ahead! The Tigers, have many players to come into that side but yes an insipid performance (albeit in Feb against a QFA side) is worth a review

D
Dont get me wrong, it's been enjoyable reading, but today's result, be it a practice match or not, shows just how big the gap is between divisions. As for Wingman, everyone's entitled to a bad day.

Don't be surprised by the result mate, Dickfos is a quality coach, his sons are good footballers and some of the Sandgate guys would be stars in QAFA (A). The reality is 1st box ticked for MBL, but nothing achieved so nothing to suggest a great year ahead! The Tigers, have many players to come into that side but yes an insipid performance (albeit in Feb against a QFA side) is worth a review

So, looking at the pre-season cup first round, do you think the Tigers will go in stronger to that game, against the Woodsmen ?? Were there some injuries involved with some players not playing ??

Griffith Moorooka - Have added to a strong side, Good coach, desire to move up
Swans - Have added - Desire to move up a division - good facilities
Park Ridge - Second year in - more experience - good juniors - good people
Ipswich - Good depth coach will bring plenty
Suns - unknown - no juniors - depth will be a factor -injuries
Redcliffe - Always there or there abouts - good hard working committee
Carrara - have added to list but no consistency
Bond - had a good year in division below - good fast kids - will be competitive
Victoria Point - good old heads but to slow - competitive
Wynnum - always an unknown may struggle for numbers and money
Beenleigh - will not win a game - if they survive past the first three games.

If a couple of sides forfeit more than three games they well may be out - and there is three sides above that could struggle

Well Smithy, I hope you are not including Wynnum in your predictions on either count (numbers or money). Barring a massive run of injuries we are feeling pretty confident of fulfilling all our competition obligations this year. We are happy with our numbers and the quality of the new players we have picked up. We are looking forward to a great year and are expecting to do well.

So, looking at the pre-season cup first round, do you think the Tigers will go in stronger to that game, against the Woodsmen ?? Were there some injuries involved with some players not playing ??

Peanut, if the woodsmen field a similar side to the one that played us in the grand final last year, then my money will be on them to win!

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back