QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Swans still strong in the Reserves. Are they doing a UQ this year an gunning for a Ressies flag?

Good to see Swans still strong in the Reserves. Are they doing a UQ this year an gunning for a Ressies flag?

No they are most certainly not. The squad is made up of about 30-35 blokes that are all potential 1's players which makes our ressies side a fairly strong one. Its gonna be a long year for us and we're fully aware of that. But in terms of set goals for our long term plan we know where we need to be and on the whole we feel we are on track. Saturday we simply didnt turn up and were grossly uncompetitive, in saying Wynnum played brilliant footy. Fitter, faster and didnt stop running and we fell well short. It was about time things changed at the swans a culture change was in order as well as bleeding some youth and inexperience through the senior side. Something that has been forgotten about for too long and ultimately landed us in this position. We are on the rebuild and I look forward to the rest of the season and seasons to come. Exciting times ahead

No they are most certainly not. The squad is made up of about 30-35 blokes that are all potential 1's players which makes our ressies side a fairly strong one. Its gonna be a long year for us and we're fully aware of that. But in terms of set goals for our long term plan we know where we need to be and on the whole we feel we are on track. Saturday we simply didnt turn up and were grossly uncompetitive, in saying Wynnum played brilliant footy. Fitter, faster and didnt stop running and we fell well short. It was about time things changed at the swans a culture change was in order as well as bleeding some youth and inexperience through the senior side. Something that has been forgotten about for too long and ultimately landed us in this position. We are on the rebuild and I look forward to the rest of the season and seasons to come. Exciting times ahead

Yeah you needed that culture change. No one wants the play at a club that plays finals, where everybody is happy and the club doesn't forfeit. It's good to have that youth policy for the future, and see Aaron Colvin still playing... Least the coach can be relied on to at least play well every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone
i can't see why you would want to change a culture that made a grandfinal, from what im hearing the culture made a few players leave! So good luck with the exciting times in the distant future

Tips for this weekend everyone?

Beenleigh vs. Bond University (BOND)
Carrara vs. Park Ridge (PARK RIDGE)
Ipswich vs. Wynnum (WYNNUM)
Pine Rivers vs. Griffith Moorooka (GM)
Victoria Point vs. Redcliffe (REDCLIFFE)

All away teams I'm tipping, obviously some could go the other way like Carrara, Ipswich and Victoria Point.
(Don't know teams well enough for margins but if you do have a crack!)

Tips for this weekend everyone?

Beenleigh vs. Bond University (BOND)
Carrara vs. Park Ridge (PARK RIDGE)
Ipswich vs. Wynnum (WYNNUM)
Pine Rivers vs. Griffith Moorooka (GM)
Victoria Point vs. Redcliffe (REDCLIFFE)

All away teams I'm tipping, obviously some could go the other way like Carrara, Ipswich and Victoria Point.
(Don't know teams well enough for margins but if you do have a crack!)
Bond by 58
Pirates by 42
Vikings by 16
GM by 120
Tigers by 36

Does the culture change include playing your 1's before you play your ressies and forfeit the 1's? If that's the case I believe the culture change should have started more than a week ago.....

Does the culture change include playing your 1's before you play your ressies and forfeit the 1's? If that's the case I believe the culture change should have started more than a week ago.....

I think we should give pine a rest . Yeah they forfeited and yes people left and what not but fair go . Surely we can talk about something more fun like football this weekend .

Someone

i can't see why you would want to change a culture that made a grandfinal, from what im hearing the culture made a few players leave! So good luck with the exciting times in the distant future

That's pretty good I don't think even the top sides have 30-35 potential seniors to pick from each week . Why don't u win each week with so many to choose from ?

Pirates blew Vic pt away but wouldn't take them easy at home....apparently have few seniors can only play every second week.
Great to see Vic pt players having beer after the game...
Some of the Vic pt officials might want to learn from the players about good sportsmanship....complaining that the oval should be rolled before the reserves,no strapping table provided....
This from the club that couldn't provide ressies umpire or boundary.....
Remember pirates 2nd year senior team playing out of high school,dressing sheds are better than some well established clubs.
Vic pt i remember playing at the sharks and your visitors shed was only a container with cold showers...get over your self's princesses...rant over

The change rooms at park ridge are bigger and better then 90% of the comps rooms if they're the same as last years I quite liked it there

Pirates blew Vic pt away but wouldn't take them easy at home....apparently have few seniors can only play every second week.
Great to see Vic pt players having beer after the game...
Some of the Vic pt officials might want to learn from the players about good sportsmanship....complaining that the oval should be rolled before the reserves,no strapping table provided....
This from the club that couldn't provide ressies umpire or boundary.....
Remember pirates 2nd year senior team playing out of high school,dressing sheds are better than some well established clubs.
Vic pt i remember playing at the sharks and your visitors shed was only a container with cold showers...get over your self's princesses...rant over

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back