QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I know what u said and I'm telling you there are some fat bastards playing at this level who would lactate up just thinking about running a 400.
That's what I was referring to. At around the 250m mark they'd be burning up and reaching for the oxygen bottles.

Every year the subject about umpiring is discussed.
Its an argument that will never change because we are dealing with individual people's views/interpretation...
umpire veiws a decision one way the player another and the spectator another..
when your watching your team your focused on your player so of course you will see things that yo I believe should result in a free...
It all comes back to the unpire being consistent. .....if the decisionsare consistent both ways I can handlr that.
umpires also have to stop being so "precious"... a player swears in heat of battle let it go ....they are men playing sport...
my deep thoughts finished.....
how good is the race for top 5 now...
buffs...vikings...sharks...all pushing for spots....
bring on saturday see what surprises are install..

Every year the subject about umpiring is discussed.
Its an argument that will never change because we are dealing with individual people's views/interpretation...
umpire veiws a decision one way the player another and the spectator another..
when your watching your team your focused on your player so of course you will see things that yo I believe should result in a free...
It all comes back to the unpire being consistent. .....if the decisionsare consistent both ways I can handlr that.
umpires also have to stop being so "precious"... a player swears in heat of battle let it go ....they are men playing sport...
my deep thoughts finished.....
how good is the race for top 5 now...
buffs...vikings...sharks...all pushing for spots....
bring on saturday see what surprises are install..
Spot on pirate, agree with every word bar the last one -- should read " in store ". Great to see someone put the umpiring debate to bed -- hopefully permanently
( on here anyway).

I know what u said and I'm telling you there are some fat bastards playing at this level who would lactate up just thinking about running a 400.

I dunno. 400 in 90 seconds just once when fresh is very achievable for most i world have thought.

I remember i could do it in 51.9 secs in year 12 (20 years ago). Id back myself to do 90 seconds easily now on the wrong side of 100kg and wrong side of 35.

Wouldn't want to do repeats though!

Good exercise then thommo. Get the boys to do one at training one night (400m, not a lap as I'm not sure how big your oval is) and see how many come under the 90s.

Suns, Kedron and Pirates look to be top 3. Fourth and fifth spot still between 4 or five teams. The outcome of a few games this weekend could be critical to final placings. I'm tipping the team who finishes 5th will have more losses than wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon most pirates ressies could do the 400m (4 laps of our oval) in under 90 seconds, except Wade Hurst as he doesnt know how to leave the centre square ;)

Early tip for league B&F though!

Good exercise then thommo. Get the boys to do one at training one night (400m, not a lap as I'm not sure how big your oval is) and see how many come under the 90s.

Smy.

I did the 400m challenge last night.

I'll set the scene. I've been injured for 2 weeks, trained with the boys last night in a pretty light session and decided i needed a bit more running.

Went home, put the joggers on and went for a quick jog. I had a GPS watch on and the first 400m were covered in 74.3 seconds. I did it easy!

I had to walk home though, as i was rooted and it wasn't much of a jog.

35+ year old fat bastard (100kg+).

So I reckon your estimation was a bit off.

Bloody hell mate - there would be blokes at QAFL level that would potentially struggle with this. You are seriously misguided if you think over 20% of blokes in this comp could run this time. Yep its not that fast (nor that slow mind you) but neither are a lot of QAFA players...

Smy.

I did the 400m challenge last night.

I'll set the scene. I've been injured for 2 weeks, trained with the boys last night in a pretty light session and decided i needed a bit more running.

Went home, put the joggers on and went for a quick jog. I had a GPS watch on and the first 400m were covered in 74.3 seconds. I did it easy!

I had to walk home though, as i was rooted and it wasn't much of a jog.

35+ year old fat bastard (100kg+).

So I reckon your estimation was a bit off.

I reckon most QAFL midfielders would smash out a 400m in under 65 seconds or thereabouts.

Pretty much every QAFL player would do it it in under 80 seconds, if Thommo claims he can do it in 75 seconds. I reckon most of the young blokes in our 3rds team would do it easy as well.

Would you play seniors in QAFA A Thommo?

Seniors:
Carrara v G.Moorooka - Saints by 5
Ipswich v SES - Suns by 47
Kedron v Wynnum - Lions by 90
Pine Rivers v Park Ridge - Pirates by 44
Redcliffe v Victoria Point - Tigers by 31

Reserves:
Saints by 6
Suns by 57
Lions by 130
Pirates by 42
Tigers by 60

Only 22s off your PB Thommo!! :) Good on you and well done. Not sure of your footy background Thommo but if you have played a bit previously then yep, you no doubt were going to be able to do it.

Seniors:

Reserves:
Saints by 6
Suns by 57
Lions by 130
Pirates by 42
Tigers by 60

Massive couple of Ins for the Tigers Reserves this week in the wet. 60 could go 140.

Seniors:

Reserves:
Saints by 6
Suns by 57
Lions by 130
Pirates by 42
Tigers by 60