QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

to be clear, I have no idea where he is or why he's not playing.

I just noticed he hasn't played in a few weeks, and went goalless vs Beenleigh in his most recent game.

To me, that suggest he was injured early in that game and is resting up.

Can anyone from the Lions confirm the status of their key player?

You feeling okay Qafl, big weekend maybe???

He didn't play the week before last as Kedron had the bye. bit tough expecting him to kick a bag with no game!

I believe the only game he's missed was the Suns game on the weekend and Carrara earlier in the year.

i think he might have kicked 5 or 6 against beenleigh too.

Well tipped Blocker .Good to see poor old Beenleigh have a good win on the weekend .36 point win away is always good .Maybe poor old Beenleigh could make the 5 you all have short memories .
Yeah the Buffs could make the 5, need to win another 3 or 4 to sneak in. Big chance considering Buffs have easiest draw in comp due to previous seasons form, only playing top 3 once when the team they will likely knock out poor old Pine Rivers get the top 3 in consecutive weeks for the second time. If Wynnum don't start winning the close ones the Buffs will slide in. It's not rare that the team sneaking into 5th does so with help of fixturing 11 teams in 16 rounds

You feeling okay Qafl, big weekend maybe???

He didn't play the week before last as Kedron had the bye. bit tough expecting him to kick a bag with no game!

I believe the only game he's missed was the Suns game on the weekend and Carrara earlier in the year.

i think he might have kicked 5 or 6 against beenleigh too.

Why didn't he play on Saturday?

So is the race closer than stated on SportingPulse, Blocker? If you're correct that brings your Cherry in to the higher side of 40.. But it seems that Fitzgibbon stats have been updated agan.. Can't see anyone catching him.

Any early tips for league B&F?
Who's stood out so far?

12weeks on and still on the money

JR at buffs could be a massive chance stands out and they may win just enough games to get him 15 + votes. Suns have alot of quality could be a very even spread would expect mil to poll well . And ling / raabes for the pirates will poll well but same as suns alot of vote stealing I think .

I can't really comment on kedron but surly multiple bags of 10 fitzgibbon would be a smokey , even tho its a mid feilders award .

Could be way off .

So is the race closer than stated on SportingPulse, Blocker? If you're correct that brings your Cherry in to the higher side of 40.. But it seems that Fitzgibbon stats have been updated agan.. Can't see anyone catching him.

Any early tips for league B&F?
Who's stood out so far?

You would think the winner should come from Suns as they should get every 3 vote based on results.

But knowing the men in lime who knows how they would vote. I would think from Pirates Raab's would be a fair hope but personally I think Fitzgibbon may win it as the umpires do seem to look after him, but he can also obviously play.

Umpire votes was never my strong point though. I remember I was favourite to win Grogan in 86 and never hardly got a vote. They have enough to do on ground without remembering who was BOG.

You would think the winner should come from Suns as they should get every 3 vote based on results.

But knowing the men in lime who knows how they would vote. I would think from Pirates Raab's would be a fair hope but personally I think Fitzgibbon may win it as the umpires do seem to look after him, but he can also obviously play.

Umpire votes was never my strong point though. I remember I was favourite to win Grogan in 86 and never hardly got a vote. They have enough to do on ground without remembering who was BOG.
Sometimes you just have to remind them ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who were you favourite with? I know Sportsbet, ladbrokes etc. weren't around back then so was it a local bookie, did qafl fan run a book ?

I didn't run a book, but I remember it well as I had a pretty good year for Southport in 86 myself.

Macca from Coorparoo won it that year in a tie with the ranga bloke from the Saints who played for Kedron that year (who I recall as being the 'favourite')

I don't recall any other 'favourite' - Macca had a good year that year, and had won it in 84 and gone close in 85 and Coorparoo beat us by 10 points in the GF that year and he had a big day in the GF and won the Joe Grant as well.

I didn't run a book, but I remember it well as I had a pretty good year for Southport in 86 myself.

Macca from Coorparoo won it that year in a tie with the ranga bloke from the Saints who played for Kedron that year (who I recall as being the 'favourite')

I don't recall any other 'favourite' - Macca had a good year that year, and had won it in 84 and gone close in 85 and Coorparoo beat us by 10 points in the GF that year and he had a big day in the GF and won the Joe Grant as well.
I should have known

I won Coorparoo best and fairest by 80 votes and Macca (Brendon McMullan) ran 6th in our B&F. Yes no betting in those days but 8 of the 12 coaches had me in their top 3 when having a selection.

I think the red head won it in 85 or did he tie with Macca in 86? His name was Greg?

Was a sad day GF day for Southport. You beat us by 90 odd points in the second semi and we came back 2 weeks later and beat you in the big one.

Yes Macca won medal for BOG in GF but internally Greg Page who played on Middleness was BOG for us. Again umpires no idea.

What do you mean by that Twinkles?
I should have known that qafl fan would know all the details-- is there anything he doesn't know ? I didn't know that he was actually playing back then, do you know who he is? Considering his claim of being one of southports better players that year, maybe you can remember him and reveal who this self appointed genius on all things aflq really is ?

I should have known that qafl fan would know all the details-- is there anything he doesn't know ? I didn't know that he was actually playing back then, do you know who he is? Considering his claim of being one of southports better players that year, maybe you can remember him and reveal who this self appointed genius on all things aflq really is ?

Jason Cotter maybe? Darren Carlson or Zane Taylor were the better players for Southport at that time?

Or could be just taking the piss?

I won Coorparoo best and fairest by 80 votes and Macca (Brendon McMullan) ran 6th in our B&F. Yes no betting in those days but 8 of the 12 coaches had me in their top 3 when having a selection.

I think the red head won it in 85 or did he tie with Macca in 86? His name was Greg?

Was a sad day GF day for Southport. You beat us by 90 odd points in the second semi and we came back 2 weeks later and beat you in the big one.

Yes Macca won medal for BOG in GF but internally Greg Page who played on Middleness was BOG for us. Again umpires no idea.

Greg Page - did he end up at Maroochydore in early 90's Blocker?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back