QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Buff's now in top 5 after smashing Redcliffe today and will stay there due to their easy run home.

Viccy Point outside the 5 for first time this year based on today's results.

The score did not indicate how much pressure they put on Pirates today.

Big thanks to all the boys from Viccy Point for hanging round for a beer after the game. Very solid on the field and off the field today.

I tipped them to knock over Ippy, Roosters have the wood on them so it seems. Buzz and Simmo have done a very solid job coaching all things considered this season.
Reckon buzz will become a very good coach the longer he does it. Would've learnt a lot over the years and not afraid to call it as he sees it. Would also know every trick in the book on how to avoid training so, if you are one of his players, don't even bother trying to pull the wool over his eyes. Also knows how to get under the skin of the opposition.

What are peoples thoughts on teams regularly topping up with QAFA B players, but playing them in the seniors?

Surely if you're short, you need numbers in the 2s..?

I see today a couple of blokes played a huge role in a senior match.
On permit? Personally I think you promote your ressies players where possible and put the top-ups in the reserves. In saying that, wins are important :)
Some could also interpret playing quality top-ups in the 2' as 'stacking' ;)

What are peoples thoughts on teams regularly topping up with QAFA B players, but playing them in the seniors?

Surely if you're short, you need numbers in the 2s..?

I see today a couple of blokes played a huge role in a senior match.

I reckon it is ordinary if a team tops up to make finals knowing well they won't have them players. Also the team they are playing misses out on finals because a team they played topped up with permitted players.

Every club has done it at some point so not sure if there is an easy answer. But I agree they should only be allowed to top up in two's which would at least avoid senior teams being disadvantaged.

Also not a fan of permitting players from higher divisions for one of appearances when they have a bye in higher grades. One or two QAFL standard players in key positions would have huge impact on results in our division.

In saying all that what do you do if you short or need top up players.

Also should there be a limit on how many you can permit in one weekend or in s season?

Getting harder and harder to front up with both seniors and reserve grade in most comps.

The lady from our club does the live scores every week along with our goal kickers. I can assure you it is not a club issue, but a sporting pulse issue?

If you look for example last week Pirates vs Moorooka, Cherry only kicked 3 and if you go onto play by play on sporting pulse it clearly shows Cherry's 3 goals throughout the game.

Yet in the overall stats he is shown as no goals for that game or round 3 Ipswich game.

Our club numbers show he is short 11 goals from what is on Sporting Pulse so can't see how we can can go on Sporting Pulse for any awards ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also not a fan of permitting players from higher divisions for one of appearances when they have a bye in higher grades. One or two QAFL standard players in key positions would have huge impact on results in our division.

Doesn't matter where they come from. I just would have thought as a fringe senior player, playing ressies you would be dissapointed to see permit players in the seniors ahead of you.

If you look for example last week Pirates vs Moorooka, Cherry only kicked 3 and if you go onto play by play on sporting pulse it clearly shows Cherry's 3 goals throughout the game.

Yet in the overall stats he is shown as no goals for that game or round 3 Ipswich game.

Our club numbers show he is short 11 goals from what is on Sporting Pulse so can't see how we can can go on Sporting Pulse for any awards ?

Blocker, we don't use play by play or live scoring much.

But i do know that you still need to enter the individual bests and goals post match regardless, as the play by play doesn't update this even though the info is clearly there

Blocker, we don't use play by play or live scoring much.

But i do know that you still need to enter the individual bests and goals post match regardless, as the play by play doesn't update this even though the info is clearly there

What a furked system then? If you are putting them in live and the system doesn't add them up?

Fair call wonder how you now enter them in 10 weeks after the fact?

Hard enough as it is to get volunteers to do live scoring let alone double up at end tally all goal kickers. Understand on best players.

Anyway enough of a rant, hope it gets fixed so Cherry gets the goals he deserves for such a good year to date.

With Fitzgibbon not playing last couple of games who knows how close it could get if he misses a few more between McIntyre, Chez and Fitzgibbon .

What a furked system then? If you are putting them in live and the system doesn't add them up?

Hard enough as it is to get volunteers to do live scoring let alone double up at end tally all goal kickers. Understand on best players.

Anyway enough of a rant, hope it gets fixed so Cherry gets the goals he deserves for such a good year to date.

With Fitzgibbon not playing last couple of games who knows how close it could get if he misses a few more between McIntyre, Chez and Fitzgibbon .
Need to contact AFLQ and they can fix up, we had similar drama with Macca

If he is short 11 goals still that puts him right up there. Wonder if Fitzgibbon will return to kick a few more bags and take the medal... ethier way it shows that the 3 guys from Kedron, Suns and Pirates are having a sensational year all up around the 55 goal mark...

Looking at team lists for tomorrow it appears no Fitzgibbon again for Kedron tomorrow . Any reasons why?

Maybe out and about can comment as he always seems to know what is going on out Lions way.
Sorry mate been out of the country. Pretty sure he's just away for a couple of weeks. Did the same last year.

Doesn't matter where they come from. I just would have thought as a fringe senior player, playing ressies you would be dissapointed to see permit players in the seniors ahead of you.
In most cases in this division the blokes missing out dont want to play seniors anyway mate.

Wouldn't be many if any that would be disappointed.

Well what is the purpose of the Reserves comp then? Most teams struggle to get the numbers to field a team, and then most guys playing have no desire to play seniors. Doesn't make sense.

What's wrong with having a reserves comp for blokes who are good club men but don't have the commitment/body/inclination to play senior footy?
They might not play seniors but a lot of them will still help out in some way - coaching, running water, the admin side etc - or even just providing a structure in a 2s side that young blokes can come in and find their way for a bit, potentially to play seniors down the line. Why you'd begrudge footy clubs not losing quality blokes to other clubs is beyond me

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back