QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Not trying to be a smart ass, but I don't understand this.

What difference is there between Division 2 and Division 3 when it comes to back of house requirements and professionalism?

The two competitions are essentially exactly the same, only difference is the standard of footy. The only jump in professionalism and having to have your house is order is when you go from Div 1 to QAFL, or from Div 4/5 into Saturday footy (which would just be a numbers game)

Disagree QAFL - think a side coming in to Div 1 now will need to have their manure together. You do not want to be getting pillored every week. There is a fair difference between the teams in Div 1 to Div 2 based on this years results, in the main. Having the capacity to shell out a few $$ could be important for many footy clubs + getting the link bn juniors and seniors right too - this last one sounds easy, it is not though.

Word of warning outandabout, getting a field resurface is only a bandaid.

The key is to get maintenance right, once done and the most important aspect of that is the quality of your mower.

To get a mower to keep a field in good nick is a $40k+ exercise, but I'm told is the best investment that can be made.

The key is to get maintenance right, once done and the most important aspect of that is the quality of your mower.

To get a mower to keep a field in good nick is a $40k+ exercise, but I'm told is the best investment that can be made.
And it just so happens that Thommo works at Hinterland mowers and is ready to deal ;)

Disagree QAFL - think a side coming in to Div 1 now will need to have their manure together. You do not want to be getting pillored every week. There is a fair difference between the teams in Div 1 to Div 2 based on this years results, in the main. Having the capacity to shell out a few $$ could be important for many footy clubs + getting the link bn juniors and seniors right too - this last one sounds easy, it is not though.

Agree that there us going to be a big gap in standard between Div 1 and 2. Not sure I agree it relates to finances. Mayne could win their 3rd on the trot this week, and you would think are a prime candidate to rise back into the QAFL, but its a very old Senior side and their Colts aren't strong.

But to me, the main difference between Div1,2 and 3 are football related only. I imagine the fees will be the same from AFLQ as well, so it won't be a bigger commitment to play in one or the other.

Concede that having manure in order would be wise to play in QFA Div 1, but don't think there is any difference between Div 2/3 other than how good your playing stocks are, and Suns currently have good enough stocks for Div 2, and my guess is that they think this may change.

My boys at Kenmore will be quietly confident of being every chance in Div 2, especially if Plummer comes back. Can't look too far ahead though.

Your talking to the converted mate I'm a Gardner and im always preaching the maintenance side. Not just mowing but everything else you need to do as well. If all we do is the minimum it will be back to dust by September next year.

Hey Watto any footage from the rematch on the weekend?

In reference to what exactly?

From where I was playing it was a good clean hit out, I missed what old mates from kedrons red card was for at 3qtr time but it's doesn't really matter now does it?

To these blokes whinging about small ovals, wouldn't it be easier just to learn how to play on them?
Park Ridge/UQ/Robina/ all small ovals in different leagues yet is only a few from this league that whinge about Park Ridges because it is at a high school.

I think the issue with Suns was more to do with off field finances and structure. Think probably a smart decision by all involved at Suns that have just taken over the financial mess left by previous committee.

Obviously onfield Plugger and his coaching staff have done a fantastic job but no good committing to higher Div if you don't think you have your back of house in order.

Will be interesting to see if it has any impact on playing group heading into most important game of year.

Like everyone said they will go straight up if this year is any indication.

No matter what you think our home ground we see it as an advantage. Seniors didn't lose a game at home all year. Will hopefully be a culture shock for new Div 2 teams that haven't played there.

We similar to Beenleigh in going up as both club have good juniors and youth teams with some cracking kids. Will need to improve again to even be competitive but we are looking forward to the challenge.

Seniors and reserves were unbeaten at home this year blocker! You have built a fortress! Albeit the smallest one that anyone in qld has seen apparently...

In reference to what exactly?

From where I was playing it was a good clean hit out, I missed what old mates from kedrons red card was for at 3qtr time but it's doesn't really matter now does it?

To these blokes whinging about small ovals, wouldn't it be easier just to learn how to play on them?
Park Ridge/UQ/Robina/ all small ovals in different leagues yet is only a few from this league that whinge about Park Ridges because it is at a high school.

Last time you met, you came on here ranting like an angry piece of fruit. Thought you'd have the cameras going to catch any shenanigans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that there us going to be a big gap in standard between Div 1 and 2. Not sure I agree it relates to finances. Mayne could win their 3rd on the trot this week, and you would think are a prime candidate to rise back into the QAFL, but its a very old Senior side and their Colts aren't strong.

But to me, the main difference between Div1,2 and 3 are football related only. I imagine the fees will be the same from AFLQ as well, so it won't be a bigger commitment to play in one or the other.

Concede that having manure in order would be wise to play in QFA Div 1, but don't think there is any difference between Div 2/3 other than how good your playing stocks are, and Suns currently have good enough stocks for Div 2, and my guess is that they think this may change.

My boys at Kenmore will be quietly confident of being every chance in Div 2, especially if Plummer comes back. Can't look too far ahead though.

If they can keep the Yeronga scouts away from them... :)

Wow you really must hate kedron. You are always on here putting someone or some club down.
Be careful old mate when you show a lack of respect for people and clubs it could come back to haunt you.

While we are on the subject of Kedron, would you care to help me with the whereabouts of your two stars Boy-O Christie and Scott Kitchiner? I hear a missing persons report was filed on Saturday as the two of them weren't seen when they were suppose to be infact playing a game of football.

Also cannot believe Suns are not going up in the new structure. Pirates i can understand but Beenleigh confuses me as well. No disrespect to them, great improvement from them this year but ready to go up another level, while an undefeated team with depth stays back?? Makes no sense to me!!
Maybe they just want one more flag before they have to go up??

While we are on the subject of Kedron, would you care to help me with the whereabouts of your two stars Boy-O Christie and Scott Kitchiner? I hear a missing persons report was filed on Saturday as the two of them weren't seen when they were suppose to be infact playing a game of football.
If you could read you would have seen I wasn't at that game. But since we're putting shit on one another your a dead set dickhead. With nothing better than cheap shots as your only form of communication. Your not funny and your information is wrong and uneducated all the time.
But hey what ever floats your boat.
Keep up the shit banter.

Credit where credit is due the ridge made more of their opportunities on the weekend in the ressies (17 scoring shots to 20 + multiple out on the fulls). Overall pretty good umpiring .... Except for the 1 dodgy red card that has made an appearance on the forum.
$hit chat aside it's great to see park ridge and Kedron in the same div next year. I'm sure both sides will be marking the calendar when the draw is released. Nice little rivalry brewing.

They were rough measurements done with a ruler and google maps - goal posts to goals posts, hence the ~.

I did with wheel so know I am fairly close, give or take a metre, but does it really matter.

Big ground, little ground, good surface, crap surface, good teams win anywhere anytime.

Viccy Point this week so does that mean same venue for GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back