QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

giving this some more thought ,,,, yes makes sense ,,, Cresswell had 4 or 5 years as coach there, battling the Albury Tigers juggernaut , maybe time to move on for him in his mind. And back to sunny QLD , coaching Labrador, a recent successful club whom seem financially sound in the top QLD comp under the NEAFL.
Ex wodonga raider was Scotty Hadley who also played with Caloundra and western magpies up here,his best mate was raiders president who got cresswell to o and m and told him he wants to head back to qld and coach at qafl level or higher[/QUOTE]

Crezza has no intention of coaching Labrador, he is standing down from the Raiders so he and Jo ( and Baby) can travel back to the UK for a few months to visit her family. His business is going very well down there, he won't coach in the QAFL again. Although he will be shattered if Owens wins another flag and goes back to back..:mad: Crezza couldn't do that :)

Still think it will be close despite injuries to cats, although palmy have 5 of their best 22 returning.

Cresswell still owes property on the Gold Coast so wouldn’t be suprised to see him return

Dezario,
5 of your best 22 returning !!!!!,,, geez that makes for a extremely strong line up on Saturday .....

Not sure if all will play though to be honest. Think it will be a close game. Broadys outs are big but if they can get Searl, blood and McMahon back they are some strong body’s for finals.

I think surfers have shown it doesn’t matter who plays as long as all 22 are in sync with each other/coaches tactics

Not sure if all will play though to be honest. Think it will be a close game. Broadys outs are big but if they can get Searl, blood and McMahon back they are some strong body’s for finals.

I think surfers have shown it doesn’t matter who plays as long as all 22 are in sync with each other/coaches tactics

Pantic has a split spleen ... surgeons operated and if it does not take he will loose it . Still in ICU , my best wishes to Pants.

Geez that’s no good, what type of player is/was he?

Would you rather a wet or dry track v Palm Beach?

Ablett,
hes a big loss for us ... dual best & fairest for the club. In our top 6 players and is very quick, ball magnet and hard at the contested ball. so we didnt need that not to mention loosing Neal as well for the season,, another player in our top 6 and same sort of player as Pantic
Wet or Dry track ?.... considering we lost the above guys, we may have Blood and Mcmahon returning from injury ,, but they are big bodied strong players. Take into account Palmy are skilled and polished , so I must say I would prefer a damp to wet tract.

Ablett,
hes a big loss for us ... dual best & fairest for the club. In our top 6 players and is very quick, ball magnet and hard at the contested ball. so we didnt need that not to mention loosing Neal as well for the season,, another player in our top 6 and same sort of player as Pantic
Wet or Dry track ?.... considering we lost the above guys, we may have Blood and Mcmahon returning from injury ,, but they are big bodied strong players. Take into account Palmy are skilled and polished , so I must say I would prefer a damp to wet tract.

Reducing Burge and Anthony’s impact would enhance your chance of winning, you got players capable of that?

Reducing Burge and Anthony’s impact would enhance your chance of winning, you got players capable of that?

Its not so much Burge ,, its the number of players that Palmy have that are close to as being good as Burge. On top of that , Anthony is a very good strong player and has the luxury of polished players downfield feeding him... now thats hard to counter

By the sounds of it cats need to win and have a week off...

My tip for the weekend is Cats by 5 in a thriller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez you’ve gone quite on Westrrn Magpies?
How’d the go in the finals?

Of course I'm quiet on them, they're not in the finals. Either are Mt gravatt anymore.

I'm not really interested in either club at the best of times though, so not sure of your point?

Pantic has a split spleen ... surgeons operated and if it does not take he will loose it . Still in ICU , my best wishes to Pants.

if you lose your spleen, what does that mean? any permanent issues? no more footy?

Sounds pretty serious, hope he comes good.

if you lose your spleen, what does that mean? any permanent issues? no more footy?

Sounds pretty serious, hope he comes good.

Fan The Man,
the spleen filters the blood killing bacteria etc. without one you will become very susceptible to falling ill because of all the bacteria in ones blood.
Dont think he will be able to play footy again.

buggar, thats no good. Heres hoping for a recovery then. Very good player (not that it matters in these circumstances)

My tips.
Dry track.
Palm Beach comfortably
Surfers comfortably.
Wet deck.
Same as above but closer margins.

Can any team challenge Broadbeach reserves?
With Vultures n Labradors seniors not playing finals will their reserves be bolstered and be a chance?

What about the Colts, are Western Magpies a shoe in?

My tips.
Dry track.
Palm Beach comfortably
Surfers comfortably.
Wet deck.
Same as above but closer margins.

Can any team challenge Broadbeach reserves?
With Vultures n Labradors seniors not playing finals will their reserves be bolstered and be a chance?

What about the Colts, are Western Magpies a shoe in?

With the Colts, the Magpies are entitled to be warm favorites but they're no certainties.

Palm Beach are the main challenger, so the game tomorrow between the two sides is likely to be a grand final preview.

Broadbeach and the Grange a class below the top 2, but not impossible for the winner of their game on Sunday to get through to the GF.

From what I've seen of Colts, Broadbeach are a pretty classy unit as well. Would have thought it a 3 way battle between PBC/Magpies/Cats

I expect Palmy will win at home tomorrow and the Magpies will have to do it the hard way, but if they get there the reverse will be true and they'll have a bit of 'home' advantage with the GF at Yeronga. Will do it tough travelling down the coast this week and next week though, so could just as easily go out in straight sets.

From what I've seen of Colts, Broadbeach are a pretty classy unit as well. Would have thought it a 3 way battle between PBC/Magpies/Cats

I expect Palmy will win at home tomorrow and the Magpies will have to do it the hard way, but if they get there the reverse will be true and they'll have a bit of 'home' advantage with the GF at Yeronga. Will do it tough travelling down the coast this week and next week though, so could just as easily go out in straight sets.

Well, PBC belted the Cats by 8 goals only last week, so whilst Broady are decent I don't think that they are quite up to the class of the top two.

And Broady are no certainties v Grange on Sunday either, Grange won in the first round and had plenty out when they lost in the return game.

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back