Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Broady vs the Vultures today and boy , do these 2 sides have cliffhangers ,,, Broady up by 20 points with 7 or 8 minutes to go ,, and back come the Vultures with 3 goals in 5 minutes ... In the 3 games they have met this season , the margins have been Broady by 1 point , Vultures by 1 point and today Broady by 3 points ...... thats only a 5 point differental in 3 games ..great stuff ..

Heres a good story ... reference , Jason Cloke .
He moved from Melbourne to live on the Gold Coast with his family early this year ,,, during pre season training one night he walked into the club and said he has just moved up from Melbourne and at 36 years of age would like to still have a kick .!!!!
Well ,, talk about have a kick ,,, he has been a gun on the field and off the field .
Apparently he owns a boat and takes team mates out on it for some good times ,,, is a great guy and has been a gem representive of the Broadbeach footy club

Heres a good story ... reference , Jason Cloke .
He moved from Melbourne to live on the Gold Coast with his family early this year ,,, during pre season training one night he walked into the club and said he has just moved up from Melbourne and at 36 years of age would like to still have a kick .!!!!
Well ,, talk about have a kick ,,, he has been a gun on the field and off the field .
Apparently he owns a boat and takes team mates out on it for some good times ,,, is a great guy and has been a gem representive of the Broadbeach footy club

I called in and watched the last quarter, Clokes 3 goals from 3 shots in the last was probably the difference, pretty sure he is 38 too.
He may be big n slow now but you can’t practise experience at training but you can buy it, which Broady did, money well spent if the dividends are winning a final or two.

I called in and watched the last quarter, Clokes 3 goals from 3 shots in the last was probably the difference, pretty sure he is 38 too.
He may be big n slow now but you can’t practise experience at training but you can buy it, which Broady did, money well spent if the dividends are winning a final or two.
And the experience the younger guys get from playing and training with him. Seems a good bloke too......judged from afar

Cloke has been a revelation and is one of the more selfless players I’ve ever seen at the club. Coaches the under 8s etc he is a ripper.

And Ablett he is not on big coin I can assure you. We are well under the salary cap which is 65 k. Do the math and it really doesn’t allow anyone to be on much, time particularly if you have a number of decent players that it must be shared amongst.

Obviously extremely buoyant after the weekend. Needed to put the Siders away to confirm we have the ability to take it to Palmy this week and beyond. Not many noted that we had a depleted line up when we lost to Morningside earlier in the season.
Think the Cats will get over the Siders in a close one.
Agree with comments on Cloke - but fwd line is a tad too slow with Fowler as well? Can he play up the ground more?

Obviously extremely buoyant after the weekend. Needed to put the Siders away to confirm we have the ability to take it to Palmy this week and beyond. Not many noted that we had a depleted line up when we lost to Morningside earlier in the season.
Think the Cats will get over the Siders in a close one.
Agree with comments on Cloke - but fwd line is a tad too slow with Fowler as well? Can he play up the ground more?

I watched the game live on the weekend and Fowler looks injured. They r slow in the fwd line. Fowler not scoring against big teams.

I watched the game live on the weekend and Fowler looks injured. They r slow in the fwd line. Fowler not scoring against big teams.

Is right knee seemed heavily bandaged, But good players find a way to perform against adversity, it would be hard to rule yourself out of a final especially When your the Captain.
What’s his onfield leadership like?

H
Is right knee seemed heavily bandaged, But good players find a way to perform against adversity, it would be hard to rule yourself out of a final especially When your the Captain.
What’s his onfield leadership like?

lHis on field leadership is good ,,, he is very passionate in his team winning ... and dont forget he missed about 9 games with the medial ligament injury. Since coming back he has averaged 3 goals a game and is a very targeted player on game day ... great effort by the guy ,, he is good value for the club

Tips for the weekend?? PBC v surfers will be a bruiser I think. Cats v mside will be free flowing. Last game cats kept them to only 5 goals. Will be both ripping games!

Mine:
PBC by 30
Cats by 20

Tips for the weekend?? PBC v surfers will be a bruiser I think. Cats v mside will be free flowing. Last game cats kept them to only 5 goals. Will be both ripping games!

Mine:
PBC by 30
Cats by 20
I realise Broady beat Morningside last start (at Broady) but at home Panthers surely have to start slight favourites

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All teams would be confident heading into the weekend. Should be good.

My tips:

PBC by 30
Cats by 18

I’d give surfers a better chance if it was on their home deck but PBC play Salk too well to tip against.

Despite the game being in Brisbane I just think form wise the cats are just travelling a touch better than morningside but it really is a coin flip.

My tips:

PBC by 30
Cats by 18

I’d give surfers a better chance if it was on their home deck but PBC play Salk too well to tip against.

Despite the game being in Brisbane I just think form wise the cats are just travelling a touch better than morningside but it really is a coin flip.

Morningside got a stack of injuries. Think Broadbeach will win easily. Think if Surfers don't get Palmy this week, they will get them on bigger ground in GF.

Tips

Lions by 25
Cats by 2

Lions will have Anthony, Croad, S.Thynne and askey from the side that played surfers 3 weeks ago. And at home with something on line will be get over the line by a few goals.

The elimination final could go either way. I think whoever handles the pressure applied better wins. Panthers like to chip and look for the short kicks and cats like to run and spread

I reckon if Surfers can make it to the Granny the wide open space at Metricon suits them well due to their run and pace.

Surfers have beaten Palmy there before but finals pressure is a different story, Croad could be the difference against the makeshift ruckman at Surfers, this game has the makings to be a ripper but it also could be a blowout if one side gets on a roll early and Green or Anthony have half a dozen by half time.
I’m tipping Palmy to win but Surfers could meet them in the Granny and roll’m when it counts.

Broadbeach will win if they play quarters of footy and not in patches.

If my tips are right there will be huge crowd next week Surfers v

Should be big crowds at local footy this weekend with no AFL to compete with.

Last edited:

My tips:

PBC by 30
Cats by 18

I like the Cats to get over Siders. Both teams have some handy ins - adding run.
Just hard to see Siders recovering from last week and Cats to win easily in the end by 4+ goals.

Going to back our form over PBC as well - not comfortably but 3+ goals the final margin.

Terrific crowd at Salk today - PBC too good - kept Surfers in it at half time.
A great response in the 3rd but never really got our game going - Croad very good in first half and our mids were well beaten.
Still think we can get job done on the bigger oval and spread the palmy defenders. Wasn’t the highest standard game of the season.

Certainly a finals like game. Very contested. Great day at palmy though. One of the bigger crowds I have seen there over the journey.

The reserves game was a thriller with surfers kicking a goal after the siren to take it to extra tone and winning by 1 point (the only point scored with 5 mins each way)

Remove this Banner Ad

Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back