QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

That would involve AFLQ actually sticking to their own rules. There is a rule in at least QFAW that you can only transfer a maximum of 3 players from another club when you go up into their division. Aflq allowed a club to take 6 from another one this year and told the clubs to sort it out between themselves. They can make all these rules but never actually stick to it
That was Sandgate. We had 3 Redcliffe players move over. Just before the season started two others ask to move across, both former Sandgate players. We asked the league, they said if Redcliffe agreed they would approve based on them being former Sandgate players. Both players approached us due to a falling out with coaches, we didn’t go after them at all. Redcliffe were fine with it so aflq approved. It wasn’t 6 and if Redcliffe or AFLQ didn’t approve we were fine with that call.

Yeah it can be stopped - pretty easily imo. eg a rule that states a maximum number of players can transfer from 1 club to another club. Not that hard imo. If kids want to transfer and the quota has been met then find another club
So if 4 guys from Hinterland want to come to Maroochydore for a go at QAFL you’d knock them back? I doubt that very much.

That was Sandgate. We had 3 Redcliffe players move over. Just before the season started two others ask to move across, both former Sandgate players. We asked the league, they said if Redcliffe agreed they would approve based on them being former Sandgate players. Both players approached us due to a falling out with coaches, we didn’t go after them at all. Redcliffe were fine with it so aflq approved. It wasn’t 6 and if Redcliffe or AFLQ didn’t approve we were fine with that call.
Geez Longy. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story! I thought that everything on here was fact checked?

So if 4 guys from Hinterland want to come to Maroochydore for a go at QAFL you’d knock them back? I doubt that very much.
We’re talking junior footy. If tgat was to happen at senior level then the points system disadvantages u trying to do so. Surely u don’t believe that clubs should lose players to some coach trying to build their own empire at junior level?

We’re talking junior footy. If tgat was to happen at senior level then the points system disadvantages u trying to do so. Surely u don’t believe that clubs should lose players to some coach trying to build their own empire at junior level?
I didn’t say I agreed. I just believe it’s difficult to prevent due to human nature and dynamics of junior sport.

I agree that some Coaches will have their own personal interest ahead of the kids. Absolutely there is plenty of that. However it’s not always just entirely the coaches fault.

Most club officials in junior clubs, who on the whole do a wonderful job, are most often parents too with their own bias and sometimes they can make their decisions based on a range of things that aren’t always football or coaching related. Both sides get their hackles up and then it escalates and gets personal. It’s an easy out to just generalise & blame the coaches alone.

I didn’t say I agreed. I just believe it’s difficult to prevent due to human nature and dynamics of junior sport.

I agree that some Coaches will have their own personal interest ahead of the kids. Absolutely there is plenty of that. However it’s not always just entirely the coaches fault.

Most club officials in junior clubs, who on the whole do a wonderful job, are most often parents too with their own bias and sometimes they can make their decisions based on a range of things that aren’t always football or coaching related. Both sides get their hackles up and then it escalates and gets personal. It’s an easy out to just generalise & blame the coaches alone.
Agree with all that - but in the majority of cases kids moving clubs en mass to a specific club where that coach has already been.... add the layer of an academy coach in there too being at the forefront then it can be a poor look and should be avoided where ever possible.

Yeah nah….so your saying to a kid ‘You can’t play with your mates?’ Not sure about that.
I'm saying you can't go around recruiting kids - tbh if "your only mates" are stuck with one football side then I would be asking what sort of kid have you got first and foremost. And it is a rule (or was )

Points don’t disadvantage a qafl club taking from lower divisions

Clubs can do as they wish. It’s a free for all. Anyone thinking anything else lives in a fantasy world
Well they do - any player coming from anywhere that is not their own club as a junior is immediately penalised no matter how small that penalty is. Thats my understanding of the points system.

Well they do - any player coming from anywhere that is not their own club as a junior is immediately penalised no matter how small that penalty is. Thats my understanding of the points system.
you can come from certain lower divisions and not get penalised as long as your under 20 so that isn't entirely true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it can be stopped - pretty easily imo. eg a rule that states a maximum number of players can transfer from 1 club to another club. Not that hard imo. If kids want to transfer and the quota has been met then find another club

In the VAFA in Melbourne, there was (probably still is) a rule that said that no more than four players could move from a club that disbands to another club.

All you need to do is tweak that around for this scenario and say that no more than four players can transfer from one junior club to another club in the same age level (e.g. Under 14, Under 16, etc.).

If you really want, you could even do something at senior level and say that no more than six footballers can change from the same club to another club together.

Redland accounted for Grange easily by some 9 goals today ,,
Hamleman bags 7 goals to reach the magical 100 goals for the season after kicking some 90 plus last season .
Well done Matt,, thats a unreal effort

My tip:

Redlands by 30
Close enough. Get this, as an Aspley fan I’m disappointed in Wilston Grange losing 😂. You don’t hear that too often. I just wanted it to be a northern derby for the GF. The two best teams this year are playing next week for the decider and that’s all you can ask for in any competition. Hopefully the mighty Hornets can go back to back. It will be a good game. Carn the Hornets!

Nothing to do with QAFL, but just heard from a very well connected Melbourne Demons member that there is some kind of drug scasndal/ saga thats been found out to do with coach Simon Goodwin and others ,,,its said the club will wait to after the season to handle it .. thats all I know,, may be absolute rubbish , time will tell I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back