QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Noosa coach has departed for season 2024, but I see now they have someone else coaching the final round. Did he pull the pin and leave before the year even finished?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drums would’ve been beating well before as they advertised the job a couple of weeks ago. Noosa have to advertise it every year under their constitution but you don’t advertise when they did unless there was trouble.

Maybe he is keen to get back to his 120k job at Ainslie
He did have a good wicket at tigerland as well. Disappointing for the club. They had high hopes and tbf played finals in 2022 after finishing 6th. It's a tough environment at the pointy end of the SC. Rents are high making recruiting more difficult, work can be problematic and the travelling is long. Mind you Noosa has tolerated these factors previously and done incredibly well at the 2nd tier level. I think the points system hurts them more than we know but this is a factor contributed by a junior program that does okay without smashing it in some cases bc of different decisions taken at that level in the past. All i would say is that coast footy is better having them strong than weak but it also needs to be supported with good decision makers, not just people who are there for own self interest and self importance. When flying there are few places better to be than Weyba rd with a manic crowd behind them.

He did have a good wicket at tigerland as well. Disappointing for the club. They had high hopes and tbf played finals in 2022 after finishing 6th. It's a tough environment at the pointy end of the SC. Rents are high making recruiting more difficult, work can be problematic and the travelling is long. Mind you Noosa has tolerated these factors previously and done incredibly well at the 2nd tier level. I think the points system hurts them more than we know but this is a factor contributed by a junior program that does okay without smashing it in some cases bc of different decisions taken at that level in the past. All i would say is that coast footy is better having them strong than weak but it also needs to be supported with good decision makers, not just people who are there for own self interest and self importance. When flying there are few places better to be than Weyba rd with a manic crowd behind them.

They are a very financial club, but the facility is a time warp to the late 80's

Agree on the points though, they are the only club in the QAFL (execpt maybe Redland as well) who don't have a really solid junior foundation, nor surrounding junior clubs feeding them either - so the points cap would smash them. They should spend a year in the VFL, then the points cap coming back may as well not exist!

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back