Game Day QF.2 Port Adealide vs Geelong, Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t know what to think about this one, our best can win but who knows what Cats team turns up. For me it’s all in the midfield, draw even in the guts and we win but JHF Butters Rozee and Wines is a tough midfield. Bit worried about Rioli too, who takes him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I really don’t know what to think about this one, our best can win but who knows what Cats team turns up. For me it’s all in the midfield, draw even in the guts and we win but JHF Butters Rozee and Wines is a tough midfield. Bit worried about Rioli too, who takes him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I reckon Bews is in to lock down on Rioli, if he gets his usual 2-3 cheapies then we lose.

I reckon Bews is in to lock down on Rioli, if he gets his usual 2-3 cheapies then we lose.
Fair point.
If he has that job, then we will see if he still has the capacity to ‘lock down’ a dangerous forward. Many here doubt he can still do it effectively.
I hope he plays well and sheds a few doubters. His form this year has been iffy though. C’mon Jed!

Fair point.
If he has that job, then we will see if he still has the capacity to ‘lock down’ a dangerous forward. Many here doubt he can still do it effectively.
I hope he plays well and sheds a few doubters. His form this year has been iffy though. C’mon Jed!
The good thing about using him on Rioli is that he probably has him covered for pace, Rioli uses his skill to get goals but if Jed sticks to him and not gives him space its a good matchup for us

Possible a horses for courses selection

I know you've suggested if Bews is to be named sub that there's other options like Rohan, Clark or Mullin, but watching the VFL on Saturday, it was pretty easy to put a line straight through Rohan & Clark (I already had a line through Clark once he wasn't being named as an emergency over the last month of the season) returning for tonight's final and I had Mullin as an option but once he was still running around in the last I put a line through him also based on them not pulling him earlier in the match

Or it could be the case that the coaches were watching the VFL on Saturday and didn't see a player on the fringe of selection (even purely the sub role), put their hand up and that's why they've opted to stick with a winning team
I agree with everything you said, yet still find it a bit strange that Bews is in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say, walking around Rundle mall and the CBD, there isn't a lot of presence regarding tonight's game. I have not yet seen anyone wearing Port attire. No one yelling out etc.

Maybe they're all at work. Lol.

But I do get the feeling after recent finals failures that they're on edge and actually very nervous about tonight.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will we see a repeat of the game we played in round 9 with PA jumping us and putting on a big lead with the Cats chasing it down in the second half to fall short or win (we fell short in round 9)

Or, will we see a repeat of the last few weeks with the Cats playing well in the first half and going into halftime with a good lead only to drop their bundle in the second half as PA ramps up the pressure and our guys suddenly play like they forgot everything?

Nervous as hell, but looking forward to this game nonetheless. Excited to see how the young blokes go in their first final as well, Dempsey and Humphries in particular. I mean how lucky are we that year after year we front up and put ourselves forward like this. Go Cats!
Holmes first final since missing the 2022 GF through injury is a big one too. Just his 3rd final total after having a near-AA year. But it's damn tough to take over a final as a 21/22 year old. Young Ablett did in a semi final 20 years ago...

Will we see a repeat of the game we played in round 9 with PA jumping us and putting on a big lead with the Cats chasing it down in the second half to fall short or win (we fell short in round 9)

Or, will we see a repeat of the last few weeks with the Cats playing well in the first half and going into halftime with a good lead only to drop their bundle in the second half as PA ramps up the pressure and our guys suddenly play like they forgot everything?
4 fairly good but imperfect quarters, to buck both trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back