Preview QF2 Geelong v Port Adelaide Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats vs top 4 this year = 0-3, two of them at GMHBA.
Port by 6 points
GWS by 4 points
Syd got hold of us 30 points
Note all with no Dangerfield and Hawkins non contributing and minimal influence.
Nothing there to be waving the white flag.

2 negative posts within 19 minutes
That’s a new record, congrats
and after the call 6 weeks ago that "im done with posting this year"

So its all a bit wishy washy really

GO Catters

2 negative posts within 19 minutes
That’s a new record, congrats
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

there a gif for that lol
Go CAtters

In all seriousness my big worry is Duncan and Tuohy.

I have footy trauma from watching Henderson get horribly exposed for being old and slow in a QF against the power a few years ago. I don't want to see it happen to one of those guys.

Trouble is I just don't think Mullin is up to it yet. And Bewsy is out of favour. O'Connor's injured?

I dunno it's a big worry for mine.

JHF, Rozee, Butters, Aliir, Georgiades, Rioli- very hard to match all of them.
I think their speed and spread from the MF will remind us of what the Saints did to us, plus their desperation and hunger for that elusive flag, plus the HGA/ crowd.
It spells massive upset if we win this, and then a Melbourne prelim.
Lose, and I see us out the week after against either Hawks/Dogs who are both brilliant at present

I think SDK is the only in for this week and not that I agree with it but Bews will be out.
Rohan won’t get a game

We won’t see Hawkins play a game of footy again IMO

Only other scenario I can see is is Humpries doesn’t get up.
Bews stays in
Bews was sub on the weekend. So if SDK is in, who is getting dropped out of the starting 22?

Port were average at best yesterday.

Freo fumbled that game away.

I agree , watched the whole game yesterday and it was a terrible standard game

And if you used Richmond as a barometer when they had their 3 peat top notch side , the Tigers would have annihilated both Frem and Port yesterday by about 10-12 goals

So its not as though Geel are playing some superstar side in a fortnights time

Alot of posters are raving about their midfield , yes JHF is a dangerous and clever player , However with Rozee before he had those injury problems/concerns he was playing dynamic football , i dont think he presently is

Geel i believe have a got a good/decent chance of winning . Biggest problem for Geel and for supporters barracking for the Cats , is for some bizarre reason in alot of games from quarter to quarter their form flucuates dramatically - if they could just put together 4 consistent quarters it would give you alot more confidence that they could win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF, Rozee, Butters, Aliir, Georgiades, Rioli- very hard to match all of them.
I think their speed and spread from the MF will remind us of what the Saints did to us, plus their desperation and hunger for that elusive flag, plus the HGA/ crowd.
It spells massive upset if we win this, and then a Melbourne prelim.
Lose, and I see us out the week after against either Hawks/Dogs who are both brilliant at present
I think we'd beat the hawks but not the dogs. And if we can't beat Port or the dogs, that probably says where our team is REALLY at.
We've probably overperformed this season.

Port were average at best yesterday.

Freo fumbled that game away.

Agree with that, but you have to give at least some credit to Port for Freo being so fumbly - their pressure was enormous all match. If Port bring the same heat against us, particularly with the crowd behind them, I worry we might see our players get the fumbles as well.

Yet he'll whinge when we don't succeed.

You can't simultaneously think we're shit and then lose your mind when we don't win.
its the CC way. its the double sook.

Betfair has a category for it... "A sook each way. "

Go Catters

Only see one of two possibilities.

1. Win and we go through to another grand final
2. Lose by 15 points then proceed to go out in straight sets
I'm mentally prepared for this to be our GF. Win and anything's possible...you'd almost argue it's likely.

Lose, and as you say, straight sets is well and truly on the cards.

All on the line, and I hope Scott & Co are approaching it as such.

Whatever tricks they have up their sleeve, lay it all on the table Thursday week.

I agree , watched the whole game yesterday and it was a terrible standard game

And if you used Richmond as a barometer when they had their 3 peat top notch side , the Tigers would have annihilated both Frem and Port yesterday by about 10-12 goals

So its not as though Geel are playing some superstar side in a fortnights time

Alot of posters are raving about their midfield , yes JHF is a dangerous and clever player , However with Rozee before he had those injury problems/concerns he was playing dynamic football , i dont think he presently is

Geel i believe have a got a good/decent chance of winning . Biggest problem for Geel and for supporters barracking for the Cats , is for some bizarre reason in alot of games from quarter to quarter their form flucuates dramatically - if they could just put together 4 consistent quarters it would give you alot more confidence that they could win

I still feel as though Butters is their linchpin. He is not the most damaging but he's their Selwood. Drags them into gear if a game is not going as planned.
I'd be looking at putting a hard tag on Zak. Mullin could be that player as he won't get you any disposals himself but he has the power and speed to follow his opponent like a shadow.

This is not a game you can back our midfield in against there's. Game will be over at halftime if so.

I'm mentally prepared for this to be our GF. Win and anything's possible...you'd almost argue it's likely.

Whatever tricks they have up their sleeve, lay it all on the table Thursday week.

Hope it's not the case but really does open up for the winner. The loser will have a very bruising affair against one of Hawthorn or Western Bulldogs.

Miers, Henry (Jack), Stanley, if ever we needed all three to play the best game of the year, it's this one. Miers in particular. When he is gathering plenty of the ball, we are scoring heavily.

The big talking points is.... Will Hawkins play? Or will we back in Neale? Or do we play both?
I thought Hawk had a slight limp just walking around after the game on Saturday. As much as I think Hawk on one leg has more to offer than Neale I think we will go in with Shannon (no contest your honour) Neale.

I think you might have seen the big trick in the first half on the weekend. Sadly against witches hats but ...

I don't feel so confident after the last few games, but hey, now we are in a man can dream.

It's the perfect platform for a few young cats to make a name for themselves.

Cats by 1 point 👻

Hope it's not the case but really does open up for the winner. The loser will have a very bruising affair against one of Hawthorn or Western Bulldogs.

Miers, Henry (Jack), Stanley, if ever we needed all three to play the best game of the year, it's this one. Miers in particular. When he is gathering plenty of the ball, we are scoring heavily.
Might have been King the other night who said our big players who need to fire are Danger, Jez, Stanley and ... Miers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back