Game Day QF2 - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50 @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
no Tom Stewart is probably in a game like this a 4-5 goal effect at least.

then throw in what looks like danger playing injured quite hampered. As someone pointed out his spend a third of the game on the bench.

You're letting the players who are actually playing off way easy.

No excuse for missing simple targets. Stewart wouldn't help them with that.

Guth, Menegola, Rohan, Dahl in witness protection.

Stanley got scars from last week still but he's been barable.

BLitz is doing very little.

Duncan has busted his arse but you can see his out of game synch.

GO CAtters

Typical Geelong.

Saw this coming from a mile away. Guthrie is doing what he usually does in finals . . . goes missing.
Close, Simpson, Duncan, Smith and possibly Parfitt have been our only good players across two quarters so far.

Port Adelaide garnered literally no respect by our supporter base during the week.
Happy to play them opposed to Brisbane many were saying.

Fingers crossed Duncan does not blow up because there is no one to come on and replace him now we have activated the sub.

Revisionist history

They garnered no respect because they hadn't EARNT any respect.

If/when they win this then they deserve respect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something seriously wrong with this club.
Selwood is about to become the second most finals played in history, Geelong of the last 32 years have played more finals than anyone else and this current era is in line to become the longest and most finals played with no Premiership from a 10 year period.
I get over-achieving for a few years where we had brilliant top end talent yet it fell away quickly, we don't anymore, yet year after year we get dictated to in finals and look 15 levels below the required.
Simply it isn't good enough.
There's zero hope for Premiership success because we ALL know this team can't be trusted, and there's little hope for the future because we have slim rookie pickings and never get quality picks.
It feels like we are back to the 64-06 "close enough is good enough" GFC that we all cringed and hated.
I get that Port are the antithesis of our team, young and fast and front runners vs old and slow and reactive, but this has been an indictment of a first half against a supposed "experienced" finals team.
Woeful and weak.
It's not over yet.

The good:
Close
Duncan
Only being 29 points down

The bad:
Skill level
Broken tackles

The ugly:
Henderson
Rohan

Outstanding coaching performance from Hinkley. Port are taking the game on at every opportunity; going down the middle from kick outs, playing on, using the corridor etc. We are being forced to defend 1 on 1 (not as a team), which has always been a weakness of ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be carrying something, you never know. But then if he was injured, why play him?
It's definitely not a heart he's carrying at the moment.

Revisionist history

They garnered no respect because they hadn't EARNT any respect.

If/when they win this then they deserve respect

Wrong!
They were one of the form teams of the competition by seasons end.
I told you all the blokes who they were missing in round 13, excuses aplenty. Port are the real deal mate.

I will say this though, Geelong are typically pathetic in the finals so while they are playing well, they are certainly not at Melbourne's level.

Surprised if we can get back from here.
Needed to squash these f#8ckers early and we didn’t. Instead played into their hands like true chumps.
Stopping the swing kick has been used against us in the past and truly active coaching could have exposed that and adjusted.
Instead we do the SOS like stupid chumps..
Probably claw our way back a bit, and weasel tongue Scott will come up with some BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back