QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard it was a very good game and wynumm were very physical. They are looking good this year by the looks of it.
Have some bigger bodies which will make a huge difference in this comp. Shaping up that MB and Wynnum could be one of the matches of the year when they take each other on. Not sure when it is though.

Have some bigger bodies which will make a huge difference in this comp. Shaping up that MB and Wynnum could be one of the matches of the year when they take each other on. Not sure when it is though.
Morteon are the benchmark not because of thier form this year but the hard work they have done in previous years. They have set an internal standered and continue to try and improve that. Full credit to them.
However this year a couple of clubs should push them.
Most only playing each other once so a true indication won't be known untill finals.
Looks like you only have to be a bit of your game and anyone could roll anyone in the top 4.
Morteon have good depth and if others don't a couple of injuries can make a huge difference.
As much as I respect morteon it would be nice to see them get pushed by a few this year.
I think they might welcome that as well.

Round 10, Saturday 12 June, Red Rooster Park. Kedron have the bye that week as well, so put it in your diary ;)

Any report on the Ipswich Wynnum game? Looks like Ipswich hung around and tried hard all day.
Just not good enough, to have a chance to win you need to play four good consistent quarters of footy. We won 2 quarters kept scoreless in one, 15 minute patch in the middle of the game is where they did the damage. Sadly we have a bit to work on with our consistency and decision making.

Just not good enough, to have a chance to win you need to play four good consistent quarters of footy. We won 2 quarters kept scoreless in one, 15 minute patch in the middle of the game is where they did the damage. Sadly we have a bit to work on with our consistency and decision making.
Great to hear from you Flying Eagle. Thanks for the report on the game. Still looked like you had a crack, so surely must be some good signs there?

Nice pick up in Andrew Last from the Kenmore/Redlands JV premiership team last year

Nice pick up in Andrew Last from the Kenmore/Redlands JV premiership team last year
Yes is a great pick up and fits in well with out existing roster, we also picked up Oliver Wetzler and Matt Boston but unfortunately both picked up long term injuries from our first game against Gympie which hasn’t helped

Great to hear from you Flying Eagle. Thanks for the report on the game. Still looked like you had a crack, so surely must be some good signs there?
Yes there are some good signs, but as a group we have got ourselves into some bad habits and are working extremely hard to fix them and get out of them, our list contains players such as Andrew Last who is a gun CHF with an extremely high work rate, Jack Boston, Hayden Carthew-Zimmer both played seniors at broady when they were 18 and are still only 22, Oliver Wetzler who played some reserves games for the Sydney swans and played for Uni Sydney in the NEAFL and Matt Boston who is an experience player who has been about a bit as we’ll if we can get all these guys on the field at once and continue to work hard as a group things will turn around and we will win some games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for round 5:
Hinterland to def Ipswich by 30 points
Pine Rivers to def Gympie by 100 points
Sandgate to def Jindalee by 12 points
Kedron to def Kenmore by 1 point (always optimistic)
Moreton to def Moorooka by 110 points
Alex to def Redcliffe by 50 points
Wynnum to def Yeronga by 18 points (Match of the round for mine).

Good luck to all sides.

Tips for round 5:

Good luck to all sides.

Definitely agree with your match of the round. A better indication for where Yeronga/Wynnum are at in that tier 2/3 contenders bracket

Backing your boys in I see? Know something we don't perhaps? ;)

Tips for round 5:

Good luck to all sides.

Hinterland to def Ipswich by 40 points
Pine Rivers to def Gympie by 120 points
Sandgate to def Jindalee by 60 points
Kenmore to def Kedron by 60 points
Moreton to def Moorooka by 80 points
Alex to def Redcliffe by 30 points
Wynnum to def Yeronga by 30 points

hard to see any upsets occurring this round

Definitely agree with your match of the round. A better indication for where Yeronga/Wynnum are at in that tier 2/3 contenders bracket

Backing your boys in I see? Know something we don't perhaps? ;)
Haha no - I know nothing nor have any inside info. I see tipping your own side like lotto. Win lose or draw, we can always be optimistic of a great result ;)

Tips for round 5:

Good luck to all sides.
Alex by 50? how did you come up with that? Redcliffe got a lot closer to Sandgate then Alex did. Hopefully they also think they will get up by 50 and might get a shock on the weekend.

I think Alex will play a much better brand of footy on a dry deck, and won't put two performances in a row like that together. Redcliffe have an aging group who have started the season without a win, which one would think could hurt their confidence. Personally, I think will get found out by a quicker Alex outfit.

It's just a prediction and I hold no malice against any side in the comp.

Last edited:
I think Alex will play a much better brand of footy on a dry deck, and won't put two performances in a row like that together. Redcliffe have an aging group who have started the season without a win, which one would think could hurt their confidence. Personally, I think will get found out by a quicker Alex outfit.

It's just a predication and I hold no malice against any side in the comp.
I like your optimism regarding your Kedron boys 7th Ranger! Stick fat my man and good luck against Kenmore.

Mmm seeing how good Sandgate are turning out to be, Redcliffes loss doesnt look too bad. I still think they are thereabouts, tough draw to start the year

Mmm seeing how good Sandgate are turning out to be, Redcliffes loss doesnt look too bad. I still think they are thereabouts, tough draw to start the year
100% agree on the Redcliffe draw. Got a very tough draw and with Pine Rivers around the corner, it certainly doesn't make things any easier.

see

Well 50 points winners was a little off . Not bad for an ageing team on a warm day

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back