QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy you’re talking about is the same guy that finished a game last season with a dislocated jaw, so think you’re being a fair w@nker here.
If QAS hadn’t taken 45 minutes the game would’ve resumed
Sorry how am I being a fair w***er here?
Ignorant perhaps, as I do admit I didn’t necessarily think about the severity of his injury as clearly I was not at the game and was only questioning based on the information I had and wasn’t having a shot at anyone at all but ok. I also wasn’t controlling how long QAS took to get there lol. I’ve played and seen many games where a lot of people with shoulder injuries are able to come off, dislocated or not. And since this guy who’s clearly a mate of yours finished a game with a dislocated jaw, surely a dislocated elbow would mean one arm marks then?

Wish him speedy recovery 👍🏼.

I was out on the field when it happened. Just got one of our lads off with a dislocated shoulder.
His elbow was in a horrid position and must have been in a lot of pain.
Unless you were there looking directly at it you have only a small idea of what was going on.
The ambulance took a long time to get there and that's the fault of no one at the ground.
Just hope the lad hasn't done any permanent damage and is getting quality treatment.
Saw the x-ray after as well and it just confirmed what I saw first hand.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whats the likely top 6 we think? Yeronga probably out of the race after this weekend. Sandgate Redcliffe Alex all locks. 4 to 6 (in order of chance) you'd think Park Ridge, Pine, Kenmore, Kedron all vying for those spots. Jindalee an outside roughie

Having the Eagles back playing Saturdays is a win in itself. More history in the club than most other teams in the comp. If they fill two teams and have a crack every week, results in the first year are irrelevant really. Tipping they win a few games and will set a platform to build on over the next few years. Will also be unreal to have some old traditional rivalry games between Zillmere, Sandgate & Kedron, all former QAFL clubs with proud histories. Vossy and the club have done a great job, same with Pine Rivers and them getting back to Saturday footy again.
I played all my junior footy and my very first senior games at Zillmere. I think its great to see them stepping up even though it will most likely be a tough year for them but life is a marathon not a sprint. Cannot wait to play them at Zillmere to relive some old memories

Shaun applied for the Coorparoo job after Rory Lake stepped aside to focus on playing. Don’t know all of the applicants but they selected Barry o’Brian who had coached QAFL with Wilston Grange. Compared to Shaun who had little to no senior coaching.

From all reports he cracked the shits and took his grown up sons to Wynnun. And after one year of finishing 4th in div 2. Where first place (Moreton Bay) went undefeated and beat everyone else by 100 points and second place (Hinterland) only had their two losses against Moreton Bay, who also smashed everyone else. He and the coaching group thought they were ready for div 1. And I can assure you that 90% of the playing group weren’t consulted and when asked, they argued they were not close to being ready (which was obvious). Makes you wonder what was going on with the committee and coaching group.

A few of those Wynnum players went over to Mt Gravatt and ended up being undefeated premiership players in their Friday night team last year. One teams demise is another teams gain.
Hi Gents, Sorry i have not been online here for a while since in semi-retired. I thought i addressed most of this bullshit last year? have no idea who you are backpocket or where you are getting your information from but you might want to check your sources because its bullshit. Don't know if you have an anti shaun agenda or an anti wynnum one? Maybe both. The only games we lost that season were to Moreton and Hinterland. The playing group was absolutely consulted with a both group meeting called. If people choose to not show up for that meeting that was on them. The vote on the floor was not definitive either way so we trusted our leadership. Did we make some mistakes, yes of course we did but at least we had a crack.
The players that went to Mt Gravatt for the Div 4 team were not senior players but a number of our senior players went to play for Mt Gravatt in their QAFL team because they wanted to challenge themselves.
So again get your facts straight before you sound off because you just look like an idiot with an axe to grind over something. If you know the club so well then you must know me so why not come and have a chat at some stage instead of shooting your mouth off online.
Sorry everyone else. i am very passionate about my club, as those who know me will know. We are not perfect (sorry about the balcony, we are trying to work on that), we have made mistakes but what club hasn't. And guys like Brendan and Stephen who run our club are some of the nicest and most genuine guys you will ever meet and don't deserve online bullshit.

Great to see you are so passionate about your club. I mean it.

However if you actually read my post properly you’d actually understand I do not know your president or yourself or anyone there at the time when that meeting occurred,nor did I name them or name anyone else other then the former coach. I had first hand information from players that were apart of that meeting about what had occured.

I did not bag the club itself but the overall decision made by leadership to go up, AGAIN I was placing my opinion on the decision itself. Now it’s all good and fine to admit mistakes (which you admitted it was) but your club is now sitting in div 2 dead last in both grades with a win or so between them. After you finished 4th in div 2 only two years prior.

Anyway, that was a comment from quite a few months ago so I do not wish to continue this pointless argument. But I do wish your club the best and to move back up the ladder real soon.

Hi Gents, Sorry i have not been online here for a while since in semi-retired. I thought i addressed most of this bullshit last year? have no idea who you are backpocket or where you are getting your information from but you might want to check your sources because its bullshit. Don't know if you have an anti shaun agenda or an anti wynnum one? Maybe both. The only games we lost that season were to Moreton and Hinterland. The playing group was absolutely consulted with a both group meeting called. If people choose to not show up for that meeting that was on them. The vote on the floor was not definitive either way so we trusted our leadership. Did we make some mistakes, yes of course we did but at least we had a crack.
The players that went to Mt Gravatt for the Div 4 team were not senior players but a number of our senior players went to play for Mt Gravatt in their QAFL team because they wanted to challenge themselves.
So again get your facts straight before you sound off because you just look like an idiot with an axe to grind over something. If you know the club so well then you must know me so why not come and have a chat at some stage instead of shooting your mouth off online.
Sorry everyone else. i am very passionate about my club, as those who know me will know. We are not perfect (sorry about the balcony, we are trying to work on that), we have made mistakes but what club hasn't. And guys like Brendan and Stephen who run our club are some of the nicest and most genuine guys you will ever meet and don't deserve online bullshit.
Just checking. Have any of those Wynnum players you speak of that went to Mt Gravatt for a crack at QAFL last year come back this year?

Just checking. Have any of those Wynnum players you speak of that went to Mt Gravatt for a crack at QAFL last year come back this year?
As far as I am aware there were 6 who went over who were pretty handy players. One came back last year when he wasn't selected by Mt Gravatt, one has moved to Tassie, One i saw played fro the ressies over there last week and I'm not sure about the other 3 but they have not come back to us. but except for the one who went to Tassie (who went through juniors at our club), I wouldn't expect them to as they were all better players then Div 2 level anyway.

Looks like the next couple of rounds will sort out that 5th to about 9th position on the ladder. I assume it’s a top 6 for finals? Think Sandgate are safe on top but 2nd and 3rd still up for grabs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 teams in the comp so I assume top 6 or are they going top 5? For finals. And where is the GF being played? Are they going Moreton Bay again?

One thing that I’m liking this year about this comp is that whilst top 3 are almost set, 4th to 6th are on equal wins and then 7th is a game behind and then 8-9th a very similar as well. Don’t get me wrong top 3 are far ahead of 4th and below and Sandgate is another level ahead of 2nd and 3rd. But nice seeing teams so equal in the spine of the ladder makes it so it’s anyone’s games on a good day. And can drastically change those finals spots too.

12 teams in the comp so I assume top 6 or are they going top 5? For finals. And where is the GF being played? Are they going Moreton Bay again?

One thing that I’m liking this year about this comp is that whilst top 3 are almost set, 4th to 6th are on equal wins and then 7th is a game behind and then 8-9th a very similar as well. Don’t get me wrong top 3 are far ahead of 4th and below and Sandgate is another level ahead of 2nd and 3rd. But nice seeing teams so equal in the spine of the ladder makes it so it’s anyone’s games on a good day. And can drastically change those finals spots too.
The six spot will be whoever wins the kedron Kenmore game.

If they had the 3rds comp on Saturdays like they used to. Not so long ago. They could have a good sunny coast comp that the cats could play in? From memory it was cats, Pomona, Maroochydore, Nambour, bribie, Cali. I’m sure north shore and glasshouse would be interested. Would be a good comp.

Gympie only a few more weeks left in this comp surely. 1 point total kicked across both grades. Someone put them out of their misery already!!
At what stage does the league step in and do something?
You don't want guys to miss games, or for the club to go under, but you cant be beaten over 450-1 in your senior grades and not be able to fill a seconds team.
From reports a few Gympie players had to play both grades, and they didn't even have a full 18 with Redcliffe supplying them some players from their masters team.

At what stage does the league step in and do something?
You don't want guys to miss games, or for the club to go under, but you cant be beaten over 450-1 in your senior grades and not be able to fill a seconds team.
From reports a few Gympie players had to play both grades, and they didn't even have a full 18 with Redcliffe supplying them some players from their masters team.
You are aware this happens every week with gympie.
But what are the rules.
If it's based on results then you can throw Zillmere and Wynnum in the mix.
If it's based on fielding two teams. None of those clubs have forfeited any games.
So I've said before if they are financial and put two sides out what can you do.
Plenty of clubs in other divisions ATM using permits to get up each week.
So unless we have an understanding of the criteria and how it works id say they are all good to go around again.

there’s a crunch on across the system atm.

Expect a review and changes. Clubs deserve the right to fight their way out of trouble but in the case of Gympie it isn’t changing and there are other impacting factors as well.

My tip is the biggest shuffling we have seen in years will happen this off season

Expect a review and changes. Clubs deserve the right to fight their way out of trouble but in the case of Gympie it isn’t changing and there are other impacting factors as well.

My tip is the biggest shuffling we have seen in years will happen this off season
I tend to agree with you here.
Not just this comp but everyone.

Unlike situations in Aust where country clubs go through these patches and end up folding or merging , Gympie have options elsewhere in the form of WB league or Fri night footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back