QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

At least they'd be forking out $25k for some someone who is taking the field...

I think Bomber has shown in 2 training sessions that he is well worth $25K if we were in fact paying that. Maybe coaches at QAFL Level are on that sort of coin Mullsy but we certainly ain't paying anywhere near that but in the future who knows. I think if you want to improve as a club you need to lure good coach as first step, we certainly have learnt that.

Heard a whisper today that a new rule is coming in for 2018 to combat amount of players playing on permits.

If you are playing QAFL or Div 1-3 soon as you play one seniors game in any of those competitions you will not be allowed to play on permit in Friday night Div 4/5 Footy.

And the reverse if you are playing Friday night footy in Div 4/5 you can only play reserve grade in higher divisions.

The only players that can play Friday night footy from higher divisions will be ressies players that haven't played a senior game.

Thoughts?

Heard a whisper today that a new rule is coming in for 2018 to combat amount of players playing on permits.

If you are playing QAFL or Div 1-3 soon as you play one seniors game in any of those competitions you will not be allowed to play on permit in Friday night Div 4/5 Footy.

And the reverse if you are playing Friday night footy in Div 4/5 you can only play reserve grade in higher divisions.

The only players that can play Friday night footy from higher divisions will be ressies players that haven't played a senior game.

Thoughts?

I can’t see why players playing a Friday should be banned from senior Footy on a Saturday. If they have played a game the night before and backing up, surely there is no advantage there. Having said that, is having blokes regularly playing on permit in a senior side good for a club with reserve grade blokes missing out to let them play any way?

The flip side makes a bit more sense. However I doubt to many QAFL clubs are sending senior blokes down to div 4 for a run. And most div 3 clubs will want their better players every week playing Saturdays, not filling in on a Friday.

thats not a whisper, thats true.

nothing to do with permits, just to stop Senior players playing 3rds

You can still apply to the competition coordinator for permission, as we have done.

2 or 3 of our guys who have been permanent Friday night players due to work commitments we are encouraging to play senior footy again. However, if it doesn't work out due to work, shifts etc - we don't want them with nowhere to play footy once they have played a single senior game.

No doubt AFLQ will be reasonable, so I don't think its a big deal.

If a bloke is a copper or something, and can't play saturday 6 or 7 times a year, he shouldn't be banned from playing footy at all for his club.

thats not a whisper, thats true.

nothing to do with permits, just to stop Senior players playing 3rds

You can still apply to the competition coordinator for permission, as we have done.

2 or 3 of our guys who have been permanent Friday night players due to work commitments we are encouraging to play senior footy again. However, if it doesn't work out due to work, shifts etc - we don't want them with nowhere to play footy once they have played a single senior game.

No doubt AFLQ will be reasonable, so I don't think its a big deal.

If a bloke is a copper or something, and can't play saturday 6 or 7 times a year, he shouldn't be banned from playing footy at all for his club.

That works if a club has both seniors and Friday night footy teams. Think it is so other clubs don't try and grab better players from Friday night teams and play straight into the Div 2 or 3 mainly senior teams. Not sure many teams doing that anyway.

Think where I have a concern in Div 2 is clubs grabbing Div 1 or QAFL ressies players on bye weekends to strengthen their team for one week or one game.

That works if a club has both seniors and Friday night footy teams. Think it is so other clubs don't try and grab better players from Friday night teams and play straight into the Div 2 or 3 mainly senior teams. Not sure many teams doing that anyway.

Think where I have a concern in Div 2 is clubs grabbing Div 1 or QAFL ressies players on bye weekends to strengthen their team for one week or one game.

This can happen in the Friday night comp as well, Morningside this year were a 10 goal better side when their QAFL team had a bye.. coincidence? Hahahah

Both Dickfos boys not playing at moreton I hear. Along with Giles leaving this night see themove back to the pack and even up the comp?

Both Dickfos boys not playing at moreton I hear. Along with Giles leaving this night see themove back to the pack and even up the comp?

Think Div 2 will be a lot more even competition this year. Think most of us clubs that finished down near bottom need to improve and hopefully a few of the higher teams come back a little.

Be good if no easy games.

Think Div 2 will be a lot more even competition this year. Think most of us clubs that finished down near bottom need to improve and hopefully a few of the higher teams come back a little.

Be good if no easy games.

Beenleigh picked up a few more Springwood boys I hear Gregory? Will make them more than competitive.

Haven't heard much from Kenmore, Coomera, Cooly and Bond? Although I heard Ben Merritt back at Bond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beenleigh picked up a few more Springwood boys I hear Gregory? Will make them more than competitive.

Haven't heard much from Kenmore, Coomera, Cooly and Bond? Although I heard Ben Merritt back at Bond.
Yes mate a couple have come across and they will be a big help .Like every one we are trying to recruit from where ever .I agree that this Div may be a lot more competitive which will be good for every one .

If it’s 11 senior players. Premiership favourites I would have thought

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely not 11 senior players Big E. Most of the young fellas played the majority of the year last year in the ressies at Pumas. They are handy players though and will be handy for Beenleigh that's for sure. Not premiership favourites though I wouldn't have thought although being new to Div 2 footy I'm probably not really qualified to judge.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back