QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I see you deleted your original comment. FYI Harris kicked 32 goals from 9 games last year. Leading goal kicker was 49 from 16.
I'm comparing my squad from last year v this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I did - didn't think it was fair although 9 goals vs MB... 13 games 79 goals this year is significantly better mind you
How would you know how good sides in Div 1 are? So be it. Hope you win the premiership and test the theory in 2018

Yeah I did - didn't think it was fair although 9 goals vs MB... 13 games 79 goals this year is significantly better mind you
How would you know how good sides in Div 1 are? So be it. Hope you win the premiership and test the theory in 2018

Think he is 2 or 3 games less than McIntyre (Harris) and 5 goals behind. So fair effort in anyone's language.

Both have had ripper seasons and most teams would welcome them into their side at a drop of a hat.

Harris may miss this week again due to lions commitments again I would think so McIntyre will win in real season, but Harris may get a few extra games in finals?

That gives Harris chance to win if goes until end of finals but I think it is awarded after home and away season only isn't it?

Yes one will be out of the relegation zone.
Home ground advantage and looks like a big day.
Kedron will have thier work cut out for them.

Lot of injuries though Outsndabout. Lot of kids in so think it will be a long day for Pirates at the office? Especially trying to contain big George.

Great win by Beenleigh over Kenmore today however if Alex beat Park Ridge and Kedron down the Buffs next week the Buffs will be back in 3rd Division next year. It's tight at the bottom of ladder

Lot of injuries though Outsndabout. Lot of kids in so think it will be a long day for Pirates at the office? Especially trying to contain big George.

Just wanted to say huge thanks to Kedron today for not only a ripping game of footy but the way they contributed to our charity day for two great kids.

They were all class with every player showing great respect for the day.

Showed me not to much wrong with culture at Kedron. Well done boys.

At the end of the day, any side that gets relegated winning 5 games is going to be stiff.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree that there is not much difference between the bottom 5 teams and whoever drops out will consider themselves a little unlucky.

After playing Kedron today, the Buffs will need to be right on their game as they are the most improved side that we have played in back half of the year.

We not totally out of the woods but probably in better position than Buffs, Kedron and Alex Hills.

Good luck to everyone next week and it will come down to the wire by the looks.

Agree that there is not much difference between the bottom 5 teams and whoever drops out will consider themselves a little unlucky.

After playing Kedron today, the Buffs will need to be right on their game as they are the most improved side that we have played in back half of the year.

We not totally out of the woods but probably in better position than Buffs, Kedron and Alex Hills.

Good luck to everyone next week and it will come down to the wire by the looks.
Well now the answer is win and your safe.
Adds a bit of spice to the final round.

Forgive the ignorance but how does the relegation/promotion system work?

Premier replaces wooden spooner?
Is it automatic? Or do things like facilities/finances come into it?
What if the premier doesn't want to go up?
Does it apply to all divisions (except QAFL)?

Applies to Div 1 down to Div 3 as they are divisions that have seniors and ressies. Yes premiers govup in Div 2 & 3 only as Div 1 can't go anywhere as QAFL not included.

And bottom sides all go down from Div 1 through to Div 3

Applies to Div 1 down to Div 3 as they are divisions that have seniors and ressies. Yes premiers govup in Div 2 & 3 only as Div 1 can't go anywhere as QAFL not included.

And bottom sides all go down from Div 1 through to Div 3

Does div 3 premiers get promoted to div 4?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YES
AUTOMATIC? Club would want to put a fair case forward to say no I would suggest.
AS ABOVE
YES except div 4 and 5.

What i think he is saying guys is that the div 4 teams are better than the div 3 teams.
But id be super confident and i can bet that the coaches of Victoria Point and Carrara would be too that our senior teams would beat any team in div 4&5 quite comfortably
Agreed

KP would have a decent idea

After pre season and playing a couple games during year with zillmere, I have no doubt zillmere would be top 3 in division 3 and would more then match viccy and Carrara. The standard of division 4 surprised me some bloody talent running around fitness would be a big difference

Last edited:
After pre season and playing a couple games during year with zillmere, I have no doubt zillmere would be top 3 in division 3 and would more then match viccy and Carrara. The standard of division 4 surprised me some bloody talent running around fitness would be a big difference
Definitely some talent but they barely train and play straight 20 min qtrs, also some of the better players play Friday nights as work stops them from committing to playing Saturday's, so definitely a lot of variables to throw up on who would be beat who between different divs.

I think the training commitments etc vary club by club and player by player.

We have plenty of blokes that train every week, others than don't train at all. I go to most sessions, but as an older bloke - my body just can't handle training flat out and then playing each week. I've only got one solid trot in me each week, and I save it for the game!

When we put our best side out there, or close to it - we're probably as strong as we've ever been - including the sides we had in 2014 and 2009. How that matches up against Div 3 sides is pretty irrelevant to us though!

Will be first time Buffs will be barracking for Pirates to win a game of footy should they lose to Kedron.
Thanks for thought Blocker .It may be the first time in history but the Buffs are playing good footy and we would like to think we are there to win the game .It should be a good game as it always is Kedron V Beenleigh .

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back