Borgsta

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Melb.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Orlando
"We are very excited by his signing as we now have four world class strikers," Queiroz told Spanish paper Marca.

"With Rooney, van Nistelrooy, Saha and Smith we've no reason to envy Real."

Hmm 1 world class player compared to Real Madrids 3 (4 if you count Owen, personally i dont). How could he even compare the two?

Of course Queiroz is right. They're all guns and they would p*ss on Real Madrid's pitiful collection of strikers. And don't get me started on Spurs - if Diego Forlan was still at Old Trafford, he'd still be better than any of the jokers running around Sh*te Hart Lane.

Wait until we start playing 4-2-4 Tommy Doc style - then we'll show up Arsenal for the plodding dullards that they really are.

Eat our dust!
Saha_Magic

Borgsta said:
"We are very excited by his signing as we now have four world class strikers," Queiroz told Spanish paper Marca.

"With Rooney, van Nistelrooy, Saha and Smith we've no reason to envy Real."

Hmm 1 world class player compared to Real Madrids 3 (4 if you count Owen, personally i dont). How could he even compare the two?
Shut Up Glory hunter.

Saha + Ruud > Ronaldo + Raul.
Rooney + Smith > Ronaldo Raul.

Borgsta said:

If you don't count Owen as World Class how can you count Raul? When was the last time he scored again? For club or country? If he was Emile Heskey he would have been slated by one and all.

Morientes is good, but is he really World Class? Excellent as he was last season I still have some doubts. Could be Diego Tristan II, looked a world beater one season, completely anonymous the next.

Pay Ronaldo though, even if he is still carrying a bit :cool:

Tenacious Dees said:
Morientes is good, but is he really World Class? Excellent as he was last season I still have some doubts.

I think Morientes was Madrid's top scorer the season before Ronaldo came, Raul has never been as good since Ronaldo came either. I've nothing against Ronaldo but I can't help thinking that the Raul/Morientes partnership was better than anything involving Ronaldo currently.

Shinboners said:
Wait until we start playing 4-2-4 Tommy Doc style
That's the way! ;) Have you read Tommy Docherty's excellent ABC of Soccer Sense?? Great book which describes tactical innovations through the decades up to the 70s. It's safe to say the Man Utd team of the Docherty era would have been one of the best not to have won the championship, given their style. The 4-2-4 became commonplace worldwide after Brazil swept to victory using it in the 1958 World Cup, more or less the forerunner of modern formations.

Have to say though the Everton team of the same period (talking late 70s) would fall into the same category- we came close, and had players like Lyons, King, Dobson and Latchford.

David Votoupal said:
Have to say though the Everton team of the same period (talking late 70s) would fall into the same category- we came close, and had players like Lyons, King, Dobson and Latchford.

Hmmm....players who nobody outside of Everton would ever remember.

Even City had players from the late 70s who are more memorable than those blokes you just mentioned.

Well Latchford got 30 goals in one season, 1977/78, and for a while he was among the most feared CFs in the game. Andy King could score some great goals, like the volley he scored vs Liverpool in '78 which ended our 70s derby drought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shinboners said:
Hmmm....players who nobody outside of Everton would ever remember.

Even City had players from the late 70s who are more memorable than those blokes you just mentioned.

Bob Latchford was a fine player. Best header of the ball I've ever seen.

Borgsta said:
hmm when else have I mentioned Man Utd.

Thats the 2nd time u have been embarrassingly wrong in a week.

I don't believe so, but i'm happy to let you and your delusions run wild and free. Deep down inside everyone is a Man United supporter.

David Votoupal said:

Did you see these guys play? Or just rehashing something you read in a (most likely biased) book?

Dos Santos Aveiros said:
I don't believe so, but i'm happy to let you and your delusions run wild and free. Deep down inside everyone is a Man United supporter.

hmmm time no. 1

Dos Santos Aveiros said:
Internationals this weekend dopey. So nothing on Fox.
Dos Santos Aveiros said:
And when was the last time they did that?(show internationals)

9/9/04 Holland vs Czech Republic
Soccer. 4:25am Live

Did u watch the game?

time no. 2 is already on this thread with your complete failure to show where i have mentioned Man Utd before.

Borgsta said:
hmmm time no. 1

9/9/04 Holland vs Czech Republic
Soccer. 4:25am Live

Did u watch the game?

time no. 2 is already on this thread with your complete failure to show where i have mentioned Man Utd before.

You were obsessed enough with Man United to make a post about a fairly standard comment from a football coach/manager. I'm sure if it was a club that didnt have the stature of United we wouldn't be hearing about it.

As for number 1, an abberatation of scheduling, how many internationals have there been on Fox previously? Do they do this every time there is a break in domestic competitions for internationals? I don't think so.

Now go dig up another stock standard quote.

Tenacious Dees said:
If you don't count Owen as World Class how can you count Raul? When was the last time he scored again? For club or country?

Real Madrid: March 20th, brace away against Athletic Bilbao
Spain: September 3rd, home to Scotland

Dos Santos Aveiros said:
You were obsessed enough with Man United to make a post about a fairly standard comment from a football coach/manager. I'm sure if it was a club that didnt have the stature of United we wouldn't be hearing about it.

As for number 1, an abberatation of scheduling, how many internationals have there been on Fox previously? Do they do this every time there is a break in domestic competitions for internationals? I don't think so.

Now go dig up another stock standard quote.

if another manager said a simliar thing i still would have asked if they were on drugs.

they do it often for me to know even though im in another country :eek:

Borgsta said:
if another manager said a simliar thing i still would have asked if they were on drugs.

they do it often for me to know even though im in another country :eek:

Now ask yuorself this. Do you genuinely think Queiroz believes what he said deep down, or do you think he's talking up players from the club he has a prominent coaching role at?

GoalsFrom50Out said:
Real Madrid: March 20th, brace away against Athletic Bilbao
Spain: September 3rd, home to Scotland

Does the latter count? The match was abandoned so would the goal still be formally recognised? I've got no idea myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Queiroz on drugs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back