Opinion Question for Victorians - Does it bother you not having a Vic team in the GF?

Does it bother you not having a Vic team in the GF?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well, does it? Genuine question. I've seen it argued both ways.

First time we've had a GF without a Vic team involved since 2006.

The GF is sold out BTW.

Nope

Most Victorians would rather an interstate team win that another Victorian team

If an interstate teams wins you don't have to listen to their dickhead supporters for 6 months

Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz

Ask West Coast fans, would you rather see Freo win a GF or someone else? I can tell you what 99% of Eagles fans would say.

GC/Brisbane fans would be the same (if GC had been competitive for a while and actually caused Brisbane some pain occasionally)

It's the same for Victorians.

Ask West Coast fans, would you rather see Freo win a GF or someone else? I can tell you what 99% of Eagles fans would say.

GC/Brisbane fans would be the same (if GC had been competitive for a while and actually caused Brisbane some pain occasionally)

It's the same for Victorians.
It seems to be different in Sydney but, I can't fathom why Swans fans would ever be supportive of the Giants. The AFL wants a rivalry not a love-in, some Swans fans are even members of the Giants to help out. You don't see Giants fans be a member of the Swans. Sydney people are strange as ****!!!

It bothers me as it means I don’t have a team to barrack against. Always go for the “interstaters”

The whole “Victorians supporting the Vic team” is the most laughably out of touch media trope possible.

It’s 100% the other way.

Would WC fans support Freo in a GF or vice versa? Adelaide and Port?

It doesn’t even make sense, it’s so stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to be different in Sydney but, I can't fathom why Swans fans would ever be supportive of the Giants. The AFL wants a rivalry not a love-in, some Swans fans are even members of the Giants to help out. You don't see Giants fans be a member of the Swans. Sydney people are strange as ****!!!
I find that slightly insane, and i say this as GWS member since their inaugural year (i live in Sydney and hated the Swans and wanted to support AFL). GWS v Sydney is actually an intense rivalry as well. They've met four or five times in finals. Eagles and Freo haven't even played one final against each other.

I find that slightly insane, and i say this as GWS member since their inaugural year (i live in Sydney and hated the Swans and wanted to support AFL). GWS v Sydney is actually an intense rivalry as well. They've met four or five times in finals. Eagles and Freo haven't even played one final against each other.
As a Victorian Swans fan, I hate the Giants with a passion as I do with all Victorian teams for their treatment of my team since the relocation and not helping out etc... I don't understand some people, but maybe it's just me being old.

No.

I have, on occasion, preferred a Victorian side in a Grand Final or a final over a non-Victorian side, but only because I prefer the Victorian side over the non-Vic side for other reasons, never because they’re Victorian.

The whole idea that we get behind other Victorian sides in the finals or the grand final just because they’re Victorian is silly.

Every single supporter of a Vic-based side that I know could not and does not care that there isn’t a Victorian side in the GF this year.

No.

I have, on occasion, preferred a Victorian side in a Grand Final or a final over a non-Victorian side, but only because I prefer the Victorian side over the non-Vic side for other reasons, never because they’re Victorian.

The whole idea that we get behind other Victorian sides in the finals or the grand final just because they’re Victorian is silly.

Every single supporter of a Vic-based side that I know could not and does not care that there isn’t a Victorian side in the GF this year.

In the 2002 (in the shadows of 9/11, war in Iraq etc. ) it was the Brisbane v Collingwood Grand Final.

I think it was Sheedy who said Victorians should be barracking for Collingwood. The reply from a Carlton or Essendon supporter was 'I'd barrack for Iraq before I barrack for Collingwood'.

The local Victorian rivalries run too deep for anything as trivial as state versus state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Question for Victorians - Does it bother you not having a Vic team in the GF?

Back