Toast Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny place BF.

Not long ago it seemed most here reckoned he wasn't capable of playing at senior level, and he was regularly nominated as a player to be culled.

Now we're talking a multi-year contract.

I would say he is still someone who could easily slip into that. he is also someone who could be LincMc and be a star at his second club. Its all there for him if he is good enough our list profile is crying out for someone his age. Doesnt mean he will not move... but while he is fit and playing I doubt we delist him.

Interestingly, he's lack of TOG isn't something I had noticed in previous seasons as he seemed to be involved when he was on the ground and having an impact

The St Kilda match this year was the first time that I really recall noticing that I wasn't noticing him the longer the match went on

Definitely a good sign that he's spending longer on the ground over recent matches and not fade
Yeah I think it really stood out for me a few times in previous years. The prelim in 2019 for me was glaring.

I would say he is still someone who could easily slip into that. he is also someone who could be LincMc and be a star at his second club. Its all there for him if he is good enough our list profile is crying out for someone his age. Doesnt mean he will not move... but while he is fit and playing I doubt we delist him.

Would be a seriously wrong move to trade Narkle for picks or anything like that, speculation is past history at least for me when considering Narkle's football talents. I was a major critic of his, certainly not racist, but would've traded him in the off season, but now absolutely no way!
IMO we have a new star player.

Would be a seriously wrong move to trade Narkle for picks or anything like that, speculation is past history at least for me when considering Narkle's football talents. I was a major critic of his, certainly not racist, but would've traded him in the off season, but now absolutely no way!
IMO we have a new star player.

If he doesnt sign what do you trade him for if not picks or anything like that.

He is OOC. Its not about us wanting to trade him , it will be if we want him , we offer a contract ...does he agree to that and stay. If not then we will try to pick up something rather than just delist him.

If he doesnt sign what do you trade him for if not picks or anything like that.

He is OOC. Its not about us wanting to trade him , it will be if we want him , we offer a contract ...does he agree to that and stay. If not then we will try to pick up something rather than just delist him.
I'm not sure how many versions of reality there are where we don't offer him a contract. He's the one putting off talks apparently.

I do agree we need him much more than a pick. We be extremely lucky to get back anything that's anywhere near as ready to go.

I'm not sure how many versions of reality there are where we don't offer him a contract. He's the one putting off talks apparently.

I do agree we need him much more than a pick. We be extremely lucky to get back anything that's anywhere near as ready to go.

The longer he holds off, and performs, the higher his contract will be.

One thing for sure, he loves being at Geelong, has always said so, plus he lives with Parfitt, so there is obviously a nice friendship going on.

Nice interview with Narkle, about his culture, in today's Herald-Sun.

He highights how Stokes has helped him and the other Indigenous players, which is good to see.

What really helped me was having Mathew Stokes here, he connected with us and having an indigenous mentor, I know Richmond have Xavier Clarke there, that helps out a lot. Having someone who has been through the system and knows everything that has gone on, that really helps every indigenous kid with their footy, on field and off.

He highights how Stokes has helped him and the other Indigenous players, which is good to see.
Didn't know he is a second cousin of Leon Davis. Hopefully the grand final spud gene skips a generation.

Very nice article, thanks. And not behind the paywall, either, unlike most HS articles.

I did find it slightly odd that they seem to have altered the contrast in the pictures they used, so that Narkle’s skin tone looks darker than it is in reality. Not sure if that’s deliberate, to try and emphasise his indigenous heritage, or just some clueless digital editor making the pictures look good, and assuming that his skin is that shade.

Just looking at the 2016 draft. Out of 77 players drafted. On games played.
Geelong current have the player ranked
1) Stewart 97

8) Parfitt 82

32) Sav. 44

45) QNarkle ... 23

and that doesn't count Henry who on games played would have been around 12 ish

At his age and 23 games played its all upside from here one would think... if he can show he is in our best22.

He is playing and playing well. I am very pleased thats the case, generally I love the skill set most indig bring to a side. If he maintains his spot in our best22 when we have a high availability of choice then it will be expected to receive a very good contract. Maybe even overs, as a player of his age and experience is not the player we would want to be losing. I think its probably fair enough for him to hold off till he knows where he fits, and if he stays fit and plays the rest of the year then he should get a warm wallet.

Its players like Narkle who are our hope of avoiding limp mode. We havent had early picks, we hope that development and patience can counter that what was Narkle

Stay fit and stay in ..and he will be offered a good slice I am sure.

He sure mentions Richmond alot... Bolton and Carr connection. If they try and lure him, hopefully its a fair trade like the Parfitt/Caddy one.

Just looking at the 2016 draft. Out of 77 players drafted. On games played.
That draft is looking pretty good for us - remarkably all of our 5 rookie (including B) picks have gone onto be regulars, albeit Jarmane Jones at West Coast. Normally lucky if one rookie makes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle and Bolton both making a decision at the end of the year. That's more than a coincidence to me. I reckon one is holding out that the other will join them (and using that fact in their negotiation). Money's on us to lose Narkle then.

Narkle and Bolton both making a decision at the end of the year. That's more than a coincidence to me. I reckon one is holding out that the other will join them (and using that fact in their negotiation). Money's on us to lose Narkle then.

Or maybe it's similar to Kersten & Hamling - both leave their respective clubs at the same time to head to a third club

Just a question of which team would want both & be willing to pay for them

Think you already answered your own question. Freo

That would be my thought. I hope that we can manage to keep Narkle, but that is dependent on him continuing to get games. I don't think we can afford to lose promising young midfielders given the age profile of our current midfield.

If we do lose him, I expect Freo would be the destination, and that we could receive a quality midfield/ruck player in return.

Toast Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back