Review R12 GWS GIANTS vs Richmond Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Haynes is a late out, Mark Whiley comes in as our 3rd debutant today and the 30th this season. Fellow debutant and Whiley's housemate Sam Schulz is the sub.

Now that is a real No.1 pick there.

Interesting that Sheedy didn't put the clamps on Deledio after what happened last week vs Freo.

Had a real chance to snatch that one, not the usual good effort for a half type of deal.

Straight kicking was the key giving GWS a sniff.

Yeah great effort for the full game, scoreboard is probably a bit favourable to us but still a very positive game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the game on the box. I have been impressed all year with the way every single one of the players puts his head over the footy and have a real go at getting possession. Obviously still some experience needed but some great prospects. Scoreboard flattered a little but Patton had a good debut in the wet. Cameron is the man though. Absolutely awesome every time he plays. Mohr was strong but the choice of chad for experience in the backline was truly inspired by GWS.

Good luck for the season

They were FANTASTIC today

Patts and Jezza together are gonna kill it in years

Thought Davis was strong down back and Power and Cornes are great hard bodies

Was very happy to get a footy from Tommy Bugg been something ive have wanted ever since i was growing up watching footy and at 24 years of age i got my dream haha

If Brogan took some of those marks - it would have really helped. Cornes is frustrating. Missed Coniglio I thought. Team looks so, so much better with Patton in. He needs to play from closer to the goal square though. I think Cameron + Folau + Patton will work well.

Felt a bit more comfortable in the stadium today, really great view, great food and dry as a bone once seated, shame the next game is not for another month.

Would have been great to sneak a win today, but boy did they look dodgy once they got close in the fourth, panicked too much and let Richmond players run free.

EXCELLENT effort by you guys yesterday ... very impressive. Clear to see Cameron and Patton are going to be an awesome combination in the years ahead ... some good recuiting by the club with your first batch of draft picks and complemented by some astute selection of veterans, who unlike the Suns' high-profile, high earning supposed stars, actually give a damn. I think the Giants will be a force sooner rather than later. But credit to all ... had us on the backfoot. I don't think our poor goalkicking was pure technique, there was a fair deal of pressure applied. Luck...I'm sure win number two isn't far away!

Giants play with the passion and grunt that will make them a very good team to watch in the years to come.
Disappointing crowd yesterday but everyone involved was super helpful. Ground attendants and staff were very friendly and helpful.
Tell everyone you know to get out there and support this club. They will not let you down on the field in the years to come. Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R12 GWS GIANTS vs Richmond Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back