Autopsy R18, 2017: Swans vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference between his best and his ordinary is huge and everyone can see that. If he wants to be a great player he needs to play his best more often than not.

And we need his best to go all the way this year ...
I'm not disagreeing with that... I'm just saying that even when he is not playing well, I do not believe that he has given up or is coasting. He is a young player and going to have his ups and downs. And if he was injured, then that is likely to have been the cause this week. But to jump to the 'he has a contract elsewhere' conclusion if he has a down game is simply disrespectful and presumes an unprofessional approach by someone who has given no indication in the past that that is the way he behaves.

Naismith hasn't been that bad lately imo. In the last month he has competed strongly against Gawn and Mumford and been beaten by Witts (underrated heavily) and Longer last night who is also a good player when fit. I wouldn't be changing this set up. Naismith is agile and can pressure opponents quite well at ground level and can direct HOs very cleverly to teammates. That's enough for me over Tippett atm. He's getting better at positioning himself to influence contests when playing a kick behind play too. Not gonna be a superstar but he suits what we need atm.

I think he does some nice things in general play too
Safe as the number one ruck imo

Don't know which game you were watching but Towers was sensational. He was the third best disposal winner and took one of the marks of the season. Total guts. Again he provides 6 or 7 goal assists. Bloody great game from Deano.
Was tongue in cheek (I don't do that very well on here)... Did disclaim it with the last sentence about him doing the basics right. Probably needed more :rolleyes::p:thumbsu:;):drunk::)

Anyone know the rule(s) re dangerous tackles? Don't see many tackles like Issac's which I thought was fine, hard and fine.

All this disrespect for Zac Jones is just crazy imo. He had a quiet game from what was shown on TV and he didn't get many stats, but I'm not sure how you would translate that to 'looks like someone with a big fat contract waiting for him somewhere else'.

I don't get that from him! He trys his heart out, puts in 110% every week, lays his body on the line and NEVER, EVER gives up! And some are you are trying to say that he has signed to go elsewhere and had a personality change over night. I think this is rubbish!!! Maybe he did have a quiet game, maybe he was playing a particular role that wasn't that visible on the coverage; either way, I'm expecting him to back to his bullocking best next week.

Last nights win was a full team effort and he played was a part of that. That is the beauty of our team now, a different player each week is stepping up and having the game of their life! It has been a beautiful thing to watch...'t

Go Bloods!!!!
Didn't Jones get a corkie last week in the first three minutes of the game? Probably still dealing with that. Takes a few weeks sometimes.

I thought it was similar to what Roughead did to Hanners in the 2014 GF.
True. I don't know the rules re this, hopefully someone on here can shed some light on it.

Anyone know the rule(s) re dangerous tackles? Don't see many tackles like Issac's which I thought was fine, hard and fine.
Commentators were quick to give him a few weeks. Scum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True. I don't know the rules re this, hopefully someone on here can shed some light on it.
the problem is the lifting motion but as geary jumped into him it would be harsh to suspend him. He did drive him into the ground also but that is not so much a problem as long as the player doesn't land on their head or neck. I'd assume careless and low impact but they may wish to make a scapegoat of him. They haven't exactly been consistent in their rulings.

Certainly can't afford any passengers. We'd want more out of Jones and Newman next week and think Hayward would come in for Robinson.

Longmire also needs to be ready to adapt if Hawthorn are denying us the ball.
Agree but horse loves robbos gps results.

Saints beat us in hitouts but we won the clearances. Same happened vs GCS.

Interestingly GWS dominated in the hitouts and clearances and even under manned had a stellar unit under Mummy, but we were the better team all night.

What this tells me is that we've adjusted our setups to a losing ruck. Naismith is doing his job and we're taking the sacrifice ruck and turning it into a winning style around the ground.

Hawks did this throughout their three-peat. I'm ok with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy R18, 2017: Swans vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back