Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of M Crouch’s stats are mind blowing. Of his 33 possessions, a whopping 26 were uncontested. Yet he clocked a paltry 242 metres gained.

What the hell was he doing? Handpassing in circles!!!!
It's been noticeable this season that Matt has had far less Contested ball and clearances. I wonder whether he's carrying a shoulder. But the problem is, he generally gets the handball receive from Brad and then (because hes slow) he handballs to another guy. Hes not dynamic enough for that role, he should be purely inside.

It's been noticeable this season that Matt has had far less Contested ball and clearances. I wonder whether he's carrying a shoulder. But the problem is, he generally gets the handball receive from Brad and then (because hes slow) he handballs to another guy. Hes not dynamic enough for that role, he should be purely inside.
Good point. If so, rest up for next year Matt cos you're playing poorly. There's a bigger, fitter possession pig waiting in the SANFL who can play the role but kick long instead of giving hospital handballs.

Some of M Crouch’s stats are mind blowing. Of his 33 possessions, a whopping 26 were uncontested. Yet he clocked a paltry 242 metres gained.

What the hell was he doing? Handpassing in circles!!!!

Our mids game is all about circles. Oh, and no linking outside momentum.

I can't be bothered searching but I wonder how this compares to 2017, or was he more effective then simply because the receiver of his disposals was then released into a better attacking structure whereas now the receiver of his handballs is still in a crap position and we have no decent set up forward of the ball?

And no decent set up MOBILE alongside the ball !!

We were debating that very point at work yesterday.

It seems Matt has a habit of hand balling to other players in close proximity, instead of kicking, then that player will handball it right back to him. This is supported by his 22 handballs from Fridays game. I would also like to mention, he only made 2 tackles...

The problem is, is that Matt often hand balls it to another guy under immense pressure and the other player will, inevitably, fluff that possession because of that pressure.
They've both mastered the panic handball.

In fact it's a staple of our midfield. They must do some kind of repetitive drill where they just try to handball super fast rather than drills where they sum up a situation.

The fact the Crouch boys were so weak in clearances is most disturbing. We all know what they don't do, but that's supposed to be the thing they're good at

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R18: Adelaide v Essendon post-mortem (...please don't disturb our team, we're dead tired)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back