Game Day R24 Deathride - Hawks, Dogs and Blues edition

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you rambling about. They are both contracted for 2025. Their last games will be next year some time. They'll get a fitting send off when the time is right.
Thanks mate, appreciate your careful, reasoned and very carefully expressed views.

I do hope you are correct and both play on next year.

How would you even find the motivation to go to work every day. You really just have to have no emotional investment and treat footy as a job.

Possibly part of the problem too - that lack of investment shows on the field. Freo are hardly a beacon of success but you can't really question the commitment of leaders like Serong and Brayshaw.

I don't know their list profile that well but it's hard to see a rapid rise up the ladder.

You’d think they would prefer the Swans, no travelling and Swans have been average. Port in form.

Yeh GWS might think if they can't get win & get 2nd. Lose play Sydney at the SCG. Win or lose that home final.

Then Saints may not be inspired to win because that'll push their 1st pick back & their compo pick for Battle.

😥

Yeh GWS might think if they can't get win & get 2nd. Lose play Sydney at the SCG. Win or lose that home final.

Then Saints may not be inspired to win because that'll push their 1st pick back & their compo pick for Battle.

😥
Have a lie down..

How impressive at the Geelong football club though? They just find ways to win. All the time.
A lot of draft and equalisation believers would logically think that teams such and North, suns, GWS, even ourselves will make a lot more finals appearances over the next 10 years than they will.

What’s the over/under on finals appearance from the cats over the next decade?
I’d say 7 out of 10 years they will play finals.

I’ll be surprised and quite impressed if we do the same to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

😥
GWS come 2nd there is a fair chance even a loss in week 1 they don't leave Sydney for the whole finals series.

Yeah totally surprised that noted "high performing", "unconditional" sides like West Coast, North and Essendon couldn't get up for a final round dead rubber in a match up that they'd lose by 5 goals + even at their best.

The reason the Saints (probably) won't fold is that they know they can win. I'd be staggered if more than 2 or 3 players on any of the above really thought they were a chance.

Good evening my slightly more sophisticated wharfie cousins.

This ladder and round is fascinating. I was thinking tonight, the only way GWS can guarantee 2 finals in Sydney is to lose tomorrow!

Win and the run a 50/50 chance of coming to Adelaide.

Just another quirky thing in a weird year.

Thanks mate, appreciate your careful, reasoned and very carefully expressed views.

I do hope you are correct and both play on next year.
I can understand the reaction since so many people around here read one post and act like it’s happening. Like Sturt & Switta are now being traded too according to 1 or 2 rumours which turn out to be made up opinions.

Both are contracted and both have filled a role this year which will be required in some form next year. Of course they could just pull the pin if they wake up and think I’m done. But until that day, it’d be nice not to read about it every 5 minutes like it’s happened.

I can understand the reaction since so many people around here read one post and act like it’s happening. Like Sturt & Switta are now being traded too according to 1 or 2 rumours which turn out to be made up opinions.

Both are contracted and both have filled a role this year which will be required in some form next year. Of course they could just pull the pin if they wake up and think I’m done. But until that day, it’d be nice not to read about it every 5 minutes like it’s happened.
Which players haven't we lost that have been rumoured to be traded on these boards?

I can't recall one in recent memory that wasn't reported by posters on here in similar manners.

Which players haven't we lost that have been rumoured to be traded on these boards?

I can't recall one in recent memory that wasn't reported by posters on here in similar manners.
Henry wanted to go a year early and never got traded. Switta has a contract too.

Sturt doesn’t have a contract yet so it’s easy if he wants to leave = rumours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day R24 Deathride - Hawks, Dogs and Blues edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back