Preview R24 | Sydney vs Adelaide | SCG - Sat 24/8 @ 7:40PM AEST | We need to prove a point (unlike last year)

In honour of our guests, what are the Crows best performances against us in recent years?

• 2024 at home – Graciously hosting the biggest Amartey Party yet

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2016 Semi Final – Giving up a 7 goal opening quarter to... us

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2012 Qualifying Final – Kicking 5.12 in a 29 point loss

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2012 – Keeping the Tippett contract so quiet they almost got something for him

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 2013 at home – Kicking as many goals as Jesse White into the 3rd

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2017 at home – Nailbiting loss and Talia's chase on Buddy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2020 at home – Tex missing with 30 seconds left, in front of a usual 4th quarter Adelaide crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 at home – Failing to defend a crucial late kick-in, allowing the game to be iced

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"John, the Crows surprised some by dropping Rachele, after losing Rankine to concussion, and Keane for this game. As someone who is loathe to drop players sometimes, what do you think could have been the reasons behind that?"

[Longmire smirks, and leans into the mic]
and says…’I have some great pictures of Matty and Tex - Tex’s leather chaps are stunning’.

Played their GF this week, should be no excuses for us and we should win

Gus in for Adams. Deserves the chance if no one else is fit.

This game is kinda important for me because personally I am not convinced. I don't want to be going into finals unconvinced. So I'd like us to play something close to our best footy this week.

Play our best footy, field our best side, get our players in the best form possible.

I understand the urge to want to try Sheldrick over Adams, but I feel any of our mids could get 30+ regularly if played as the rover in our VFL side. If we are looking for someone to offer more in a ball use sense than Adams, then I'm not sure Sheldrick is that person.

Only player I'd be dropping Adams for would be one of the returning injured players.
I actually agree with your statement re: Sheldrick and the 30+

Having said that, Adams has just been so poor, I feel that under normal circumstances he’d be dropped.

But ….. I don’t see Horse bringing in a player who hasn’t appeared in the seniors all year in the final round.

This game is kinda important for me because personally I am not convinced. I don't want to be going into finals unconvinced. So I'd like us to play something close to our best footy this week.

Play our best footy, field our best side, get our players in the best form possible.

I understand the urge to want to try Sheldrick over Adams, but I feel any of our mids could get 30+ regularly if played as the rover in our VFL side. If we are looking for someone to offer more in a ball use sense than Adams, then I'm not sure Sheldrick is that person.

Only player I'd be dropping Adams for would be one of the returning injured players.
For me, it's Chad in for Adams, Sheldrick in for Corey (as sub). Think Horse would be more likely to just keep Adams as sub though, even if he's slightly on the outer.

At worst Adams might be the sub, remembered he did okay in that role against the Saints when he was the only clear winner in the midfield that day. Came on and he got the ball.

Still think we need a pure ball winner in th middle at times

Parker has done it the last 2 weeks a times but can’t rely on him

To often and especially with Grundy down we are in the back foot

If bombers were any good they put us away early and it’s an it gets ugly like we have seen before

Should just give Gus ago

I actually agree with your statement re: Sheldrick and the 30+

Having said that, Adams has just been so poor, I feel that under normal circumstances he’d be dropped.

But ….. I don’t see Horse bringing in a player who hasn’t appeared in the seniors all year in the final round.
Well put it this way, gun to my head if you said only one of Adams, Campbell and Cleary can be in the team to fit a Warner or McInerney or Papley in, then I would say Campbell and Cleary.

As unfathomable as that would've been less than 7 days ago.

Those two were really good against the Bombers. I feel they might've really forced Horse's hand on this occasion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why rest Grundy?
I'd rather he finds form.
He'll have a 13 day break after Saturday night.
Because of his performance on Friday. He's clearly struggling and Horse has even talked about him getting managed. So why play him? It's not ideal given the following bye, but not sure doubling down on the wrong selection calls over recent weeks (not to rest him) is the better way.

Grundy looks exhausted and/or sore. I would leave the decision up to him - if he thinks a rest would help then definitely give it to him.
I'd like the coaches to do their jobs and manage players that need managing. This "leaving it up to the player" idea is a poor one. Even if the player knows they are struggling, which they might not admit even to themselves, they won't want to feel like they're letting the team down or appearing weak.

Some players might also be worried they'll lose their spot, though that's not the case with Grundy.

I see no point in playing Gus.
Way way too underdone.

It would be a token debut for the season.

Warner for Adams.
Corey as sub .
He's played 5 full VFL games now, 5 more than Mills had to. I get he's our captain, but we've largely had to carry him until Friday night.

He was good for us last year in his run of games, wasn't just playing up forward.

If Corey is sub over him, sure ok, but token debut is a bit much. They've both been in decent/good form at reserves level.

He's played 5 full VFL games now, 5 more than Mills had to. I get he's our captain, but we've largely had to carry him until Friday night.

He was good for us last year in his run of games, wasn't just playing up forward.

If Corey is sub over him, sure ok, but token debut is a bit much. They've both been in decent/good form at reserves level.
Corey has been around the 1sts most of the season.
Angus has been nowhere near it.

His time will come. Next year.

However I'm a firm believer in moving into a finals series with minimal changes to a team.

Consistency is key.

Corey has been around the 1sts most of the season.
Angus has been nowhere near it.

His time will come. Next year.

However I'm a firm believer in moving into a finals series with minimal changes to a team.

Consistency is key.
Fair enough. Though there's a reason why Gus hasn't been near the team and it's not to do with talent, and it can't really be about fitness anymore.

Fair enough. Though there's a reason why Gus hasn't been near the team and it's not to do with talent, and it can't really be about fitness anymore.

Are people on here related to Gus? good young player but we seriously wondering why he isn't rushed in like the club Captain?

He isn't a priority to get into the side anytime soon surely .

If Jmac Paps and Warner return then Warner Cleary and Adams/Campbell /Whoever will be out and Parker will probably be sub .

If we get a few injuries sure Gus my
play, I just doubt Horse rests anyone given he said he wouldn't.

Horse isn't dropping Adams Ahead of Corey and Cleary is my guess.

Jmac may force him out and Paps
If Horse drops Cleary, and Adams stays, then I question his judgement. Cleary makes way if we get Chad, Papley, Jmac etc back sure, but you simply can't drop him this week after that effort. Not when you're banging on about effort and the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back