Preview R24 | Sydney vs Adelaide | SCG - Sat 24/8 @ 7:40PM AEST | We need to prove a point (unlike last year)

In honour of our guests, what are the Crows best performances against us in recent years?

• 2024 at home – Graciously hosting the biggest Amartey Party yet

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2016 Semi Final – Giving up a 7 goal opening quarter to... us

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2012 Qualifying Final – Kicking 5.12 in a 29 point loss

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2012 – Keeping the Tippett contract so quiet they almost got something for him

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 2013 at home – Kicking as many goals as Jesse White into the 3rd

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2017 at home – Nailbiting loss and Talia's chase on Buddy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2020 at home – Tex missing with 30 seconds left, in front of a usual 4th quarter Adelaide crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 at home – Failing to defend a crucial late kick-in, allowing the game to be iced

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have noted, although this view has merit, it gets difficult when JMac returns.

Good problem to have for once rather than having half the side unfit. One thing I will say though I'm ultra nervous with Horse and his history of picking guys off injuries in big finals. If Jmac isn't fully fit by the 1st week, not sure I'm rushing him back for a prelim and especially a GF.

I stand corrected. But his last two matches have been poor. His disposal in matches he got 20 was abysmal. He is averaging 17.2 for the year. He was very good early in the piece. But has gone right off JN the last 4 matches. He managed to get lists against Port & Dogs but turned the ball over so often.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was one of the only few against Port/Dogs that showed anything though, where were the other 8 midfielders? We shouldn't be relying on Adams, he's a supplementary piece to a midfield who does the unheralded things many fans don't realise looking at pure numbers. Could he turn it over yes, absolutely, do I never want him kicking a set shot, absolutely, but I have more of an issue with Chad and his ego form the last 6 weeks than Adams, at least he tries every week.

It's going to be a bit of a balancing act this week between building momentum for finals versus resting players. I feel like we're just starting to find some touch again and worry that if we rest too many, we will lose momentum, especially with the week off coming up. However there are some who clearly could do with a break. In particular, Grundy just looks buggered and Hayward busted. Adams has been really down over the last 2 weeks with ToG barely 50% v Bombers. So with that in mind my ins and outs would be:

Outs: Grundy Hayward Adams
Ins: Chad Ladhams Sheldrick (sub)

Corey Warner to play full game off HF with Campbell and Cleary predominantly forward as well. Ideally we can have this game under control during third and sub Sheldrick into the guts for Heeney.
Adams has a huge disposal problem. Turnover King. He averages one of the lowest efficiency rates in the AFL

I stand corrected. But his last two matches have been poor. His disposal in matches he got 20 was abysmal. He is averaging 17.2 for the year. He was very good early in the piece. But has gone right off JN the last 4 matches. He managed to get lists against Port & Dogs but turned the ball over so often.

His disposal against Port was better than Heeney Jordon Parker Roberts out of running types and his turnovers were behind Florent, Gulden, Blakey , Rowbottom, Mills, Jordon, Roberts.

His disposal efficiency was better than Heeney, Jordon, Parker, Rowbottom and some others eg Ladhams.

Against the Dogs his disposal efficiency was about the usual 60 odd.

He was average the last 2 weeks, but which players haven't had a few down weeks.

Adams is just the first one people target to drop , seems he just isn't a fan favourite , so he is always a poor game away from being out. Maybe that's true, but don't need to make shit up about how he has played .

At least when everyone went missing in the two shit losses he had a crack, one of the few who did.

His efficiency is above Gulden and Warner mind you .

But they can have a pass

One thing I will say though efficiency is a weird stat, hacking it 50m into the air to a contest is “effective”

Chad I hope just needed a week off been putrid for a month one quarter against the Pies aside

One thing I will say though efficiency is a weird stat, hacking it 50m into the air to a contest is “effective”

Chad I hope just needed a week off been putrid for a month one quarter against the Pies aside
You can use it to see how often the ball gets to a contest involving a teammate or a teammate not in a contest.

If someone has low efficiency, it means they aren't even doing that a fair amount of the time.

It's limited, but has use. Other limitations are that you could be handballing or kicking into space, to your or team advantage, but not direct enough to be recorded as such.

Effective stats yeah it's all kinda bullshit .

The interesting stats would be the clubs internal metrics.

Closest we see to that in a way are the best and fairest votes I guess? if you get votes you clearly played the role asked.

If it occurs, that is embarrassing from the Crows.

Club didn't like his 'toothless' remark/celebration?
Then have a quiet word with him, in private.

Instead Laird, who is not even in the leadership group comes out and publicly puts Rachele down as his actions were "misaligned" with the club's values.
Adelaide haven't made finals for seven years, they are the worst mix of bland and bad in recent times.

Rachele has apparently copped a bit in the media this week (outside of Laird's comments), so back him in?
Nah, instead it appears they are going to hang Rachele out to dry and have seemingly leaked his dropping to the media.
Not sure what 'values' that displays.

Tyson Stengle carted off to hospital from a nightclub, Geelong backs him in and he plays that week, Rachele makes a comment about the supporters of their biggest rival and gets dumped?

Adelaide FC never change;
View attachment 2087279
Rachele is a bit of a show bag, deserves to be dropped! And he shirks alot of contests.

On CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can use it to see how often the ball gets to a contest involving a teammate or a teammate not in a contest.

If someone has low efficiency, it means they aren't even doing that a fair amount of the time.

It's limited, but has use. Other limitations are that you could be handballing or kicking into space, to your or team advantage, but not direct enough to be recorded as such.

Whilst true even the very best inside mods hover around 60 ish percent disposal efficiency. Its the one stat that you have to be very careful using, I can’t kick and if I hacked it in the air 10 times to a contest I’d be at 100% somehow!

Whilst true even the very best inside mods hover around 60 ish percent disposal efficiency. Its the one stat that you have to be very careful using, I can’t kick and if I hacked it in the air 10 times to a contest I’d be at 100% somehow!
Yep thats why a guy like Luke Ryan is overrated imo because he does stuff "efficiently" when if you look at it all of his kicks are either kick ins, sideways kicks or 50m down the line stuff its never dangerous kicks imo

Yep thats why a guy like Luke Ryan is overrated imo because he does stuff "efficiently" when if you look at it all of his kicks are either kick ins, sideways kicks or 50m down the line stuff its never dangerous kicks imo

Yep and someone like Sicily for instance has a much lower one I know who I’m taking. Not saying the stat is worthless you just need to be careful about relying on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Horse but I don't trust him to not make the same glaringly obvious mistakes long after they've been proven to be so.

Exactly the reason I am so nervous bringing players back in finals, we've seen how bad the track record of Horse is in this regard, whether it be Mills playing, Reid playing, whatever. My personal belief is if they aren't available and have trained for a week before the first final they shouldn't play the rest of the season whether it be Jmac, Papley, whatever.

If it occurs, that is embarrassing from the Crows.

Club didn't like his 'toothless' remark/celebration?
Then have a quiet word with him, in private.

Instead Laird, who is not even in the leadership group comes out and publicly puts Rachele down as his actions were "misaligned" with the club's values.
Adelaide haven't made finals for seven years, they are the worst mix of bland and bad in recent times.

Rachele has apparently copped a bit in the media this week (outside of Laird's comments), so back him in?
Nah, instead it appears they are going to hang Rachele out to dry and have seemingly leaked his dropping to the media.
Not sure what 'values' that displays.

Tyson Stengle carted off to hospital from a nightclub, Geelong backs him in and he plays that week, Rachele makes a comment about the supporters of their biggest rival and gets dumped?

Adelaide FC never change;
View attachment 2087279
Rachele has shirked a number of contests thoughout the year. Ducks his head or won’t put his body on the line.
Eventually you have to stand up or be omitted.

Don’t think the tooth or lack there of was an issue.

Rachelle may have leaked to the media he was being dropped.

Could not agree with you more on this, find this guy completely overrated. One of the real culprits in "slow Freo".

Don't forget designing the premiership T-shirt. Those things can fall through the cracks.
Jokes aside, I do hope some Swans staff are using the luxury of having all but locked away top spot to start planning the approach to finals and even the GF, since sticking to the whole 'one week at a time' thing hasn't worked out very well the last 3 times.

Anyone want to play the red vs blue shirts game?
Gus in blue.
Corey in blue.
Grundy in red.
Adams in red.
Hayward in red.
Chad in red.

No change, apart from Chad in for his brother.

Weather forecast.

For our Victorian friends.

You may recognise the weather Saturday morning.
Grim and grey with light showers.
That will continue to early afternoon.
Where it will clear to a sunny day.

You can kill some time by riding the Metro underground from Sydenham to Chatswood and back.

Just don't forget your Myki!

Anyone want to play the red vs blue shirts game?
What do you reckon Hayward and Horse are chatting about? Will maybe giving him a bit of cheeky grief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back