Preview R24 | Sydney vs Adelaide | SCG - Sat 24/8 @ 7:40PM AEST | We need to prove a point (unlike last year)

In honour of our guests, what are the Crows best performances against us in recent years?

• 2024 at home – Graciously hosting the biggest Amartey Party yet

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2016 Semi Final – Giving up a 7 goal opening quarter to... us

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2012 Qualifying Final – Kicking 5.12 in a 29 point loss

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • 2012 – Keeping the Tippett contract so quiet they almost got something for him

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • 2013 at home – Kicking as many goals as Jesse White into the 3rd

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2017 at home – Nailbiting loss and Talia's chase on Buddy

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • 2020 at home – Tex missing with 30 seconds left, in front of a usual 4th quarter Adelaide crowd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2023 at home – Failing to defend a crucial late kick-in, allowing the game to be iced

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will's knee not strapped
I noticed at the game that the strapping was gone in the last quarter. Which confused me because at one stage earlier in the game when he came to the bench, the radio said that he was really struggling.

The last couple of weeks yes. Without him we don’t win half the games early on- he creates space for your Heeney, Gulden, Warner types
My issue with Adams is that his skills are so poor. Sure, he may create some space (haven't noticed but not to say it's not happening), has finals experience and he may do other things that go unnoticed by the average spectator, but his disposal is so poor. It's not AFL standard and will cost us dearly in finals.

It's a bit like saying Raygun is a great break dancer because she's so creative even though she can't do any of the fundamental trademark breaking moves and moves with little strength and fluidity.

After his last game I was hoping we had seen the last of Aaron Francis. He leaked like a sieve, 6 goals in all. He is coming up against quality forwards. No matter who he plays on they will kick double digits on him. He gives them far too much room. He backs off, he gets caught in no man's land and totally misread the play. How is he going to match it with Fogarty & Tilthorpe. Tilthorpe will monster him & Fogarty will out mark him & kill him on the lead. I am horrified.

Chad & Foxy are sensible.

I hope we can cut their mids to ribbons because if we don't they will score plenty

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

My issue with Adams is that many on this Forum literally don't watch him play without some odd bias.

If you re-watch games with him as the focus. You'll see how much he contributes that doesn't make a highlight reel.
Then he has a clanger and that defines his game.

After his last game I was hoping we had seen the last of Aaron Francis. He leaked like a sieve, 6 goals in all. He is coming up against quality forwards. No matter who he plays on they will kick double digits on him. He gives them far too much room. He backs off, he gets caught in no man's land and totally misread the play. How is he going to match it with Fogarty & Tilthorpe. Tilthorpe will monster him & Fogarty will out mark him & kill him on the lead. I am horrified.

Chad & Foxy are sensible.

I hope we can cut their mids to ribbons because if we don't they will score plenty

No way he can go with Fogarty. Fogarty will give him an absolute bath on the lead. I think Ramps will get that job, especially as neither Rankine or Rachele are playing. We can only hope he can hold his own on either Tilthorpe or Tex but suspect that will require alot of help from his colleagues down back. Maybe his best option is to play off his opponent and look for the intercept, like he seems to do well in the VFL?

Effective stats yeah it's all kinda bullshit .

The interesting stats would be the clubs internal metrics.

Closest we see to that in a way are the best and fairest votes I guess? if you get votes you clearly played the role asked.
One stat that isn't bullshit, is direct turnovers. Tay Adams is averaging 5-6/match (5.6). His efficiency is 56.8. If you count the hacks out that is damning lol

My issue with Adams is that many on this Forum literally don't watch him play without some odd bias.

If you re-watch games with him as the focus. You'll see how much he contributes that doesn't make a highlight reel.
Then he has a clanger and that defines his game.
But Donza, it's not just one. Literally everytime he gets the ball, it's heart in mouth stuff. Tommy is the same but Adams is a mid / forward and to not be able to dispose of the ball is untenable.

But Donza, it's not just one. Literally everything he gets the ball, it's heart in mouth stuff. Tommy is the same but Adams is a mid / forward and to not be able to dispose of the ball is untenable.
IMO there is massive recency bias towards a players output.

Esp Disposals.

To be honest Gus hasn’t shown much at senior but how Adams keeps getting games with his form is beyond me

He can’t play forward, skills are extremely poor and no forward craft and he can’t get his hands on it in the middle
A goal from each foot whilst at least 35m from goal in the same game. Heeney and Gus can do that.

Plenty of skill.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

A goal from each foot whilst at least 35m from goal in the same game. Heeney and Gus can do that.

Plenty of skill.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Apparently the guy was mentioning Adams playing poorly and not Gus, even with the way it is framed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My issue with Adams is that his skills are so poor. Sure, he may create some space (haven't noticed but not to say it's not happening), has finals experience and he may do other things that go unnoticed by the average spectator, but his disposal is so poor. It's not AFL standard and will cost us dearly in finals.

It's a bit like saying Raygun is a great break dancer because she's so creative even though she can't do any of the fundamental trademark breaking moves and moves with little strength and fluidity.

He has the same disposal as any inside midfielder it’s not terrible but name 1 that you want kicking for your life? There’s a reason they play there!

One stat that isn't bullshit, is direct turnovers. Tay Adams is averaging 5-6/match (5.6). His efficiency is 56.8. If you count the hacks out that is damning lol

Adam’s average disposal efficiency is 65% which is above Guldens and just below Warner. Stats can be interpreted in many ways.

I know it might not happen, in fact probably won't (although there's no reason it can't?)

But imagine if Cleary puts in an undroppable performance this week and is in our 22 for a home qualifying final LOL
CC is a lock until paps comes back
He's better than wicks IMO. In that he's just got that form. * Wicks would normally be playing
However he also can find the footy.
It's a welcome problem to have

He has the same disposal as any inside midfielder it’s not terrible but name 1 that you want kicking for your life? There’s a reason they play there!
I'd happily have Heeney, Rowie, Chad or Parks kicking for my life over Adams at the moment. Also have them handballing for it as well. And he's playing more HF than inside mid now where he needs to be able to kick accurately and hit a target.

I'd happily have Heeney, Rowie, Chad or Parks kicking for my life over Adams at the moment. Also have them handballing for it as well. And he's playing more HF than inside mid now where he needs to be able to kick accurately and hit a target.

Two of those are hardly insides for starters, inside mids generally are your most average kicks but handball really well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back