Preview R4 Fremantle FC V St. Kilda FC -=Who Will Win=-

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still tipping St Kilda by about 20pts.

We've been very good these first 3 weeks but surely that Geelong game will take a lot out of us. Reiwoldt and Kosi are huge outs for them but they're still a premiership contender on their home turf, if they're seriously going to challenge again this year they wont let this one slip.

had you asked me this question a month ago i would have said saints by over 10 goals. but what i have seen from our club and the young players is something i have never seen before, an iron will to tackle, chase, run, create and with the skill to back it up as well. they are hard, committed and play both for each other and the jumper, saints have injuries, but they also have a lot of class and that should be enough to get them over the line, but expect our boys to give them a scare. Saints by 9 points

I can't see us winning this one to be honest. If we're close at half time then lose by 3 or 4 goals without getting any injuries it will hold us in good stead for the next month. Losing by 8+ goals could undo a lot of the hard work over the last 3 weeks.

Playing the venue 3 times in the last 6 weeks really helps and if Tarrant plays we're a chance but I'll say the Saints by 22 points.

Current odds -
St Kilda - $1.30
Fremantle - $3.55

Saints at home is a big ask. I'm hoping our resolve and never say die attitude will keep us in the match but the Saints to win in a close one. Of course we have a hobbit and a giant in our side so.. you never can be sure and we kept being told we are going to lose and yet it hasn't happened.. but it's only a matter of time. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and want Freo' FC to prove me wrong but Saints by 6.

I think will win (St.kilda) , but it will be close for 3 quarters. I think sandilands could really hurt us , Our rucks are aging and ben is still young. So sandi has a blinder you can win it .

I think will win (St.kilda) , but it will be close for 3 quarters. I think sandilands could really hurt us , Our rucks are aging and ben is still young. So sandi has a blinder you can win it .

i think most people agree. while we have been nothing short of sensational so far, the fact remains even without roo and kosi, facing the saints at ES when they are in good form is still a MASSIVE ask. if sandilands dominates, and hill gets the same amount of ball he has in the first three weeks though, anything could happen...... will be an intriguing match, i would think match of the round atleast anyhow

The saints can really smother teams defensively and stop them scoring, and this has nothing to do with Riewoldt and Kozi being out. We'd be lucky to get 10 goals on the board I reckon. Hopefully they don't kick too many more, but I think Saints by about 30-40.

will be an intriguing match, i would think match of the round atleast anyhow

When the schedule was released Foxtel probably weren't too excited about Fremantle v Geelong and St Kilda v Fremantle as the twilight games in rounds 3 and 4. But they'd be stoked now that 2 big games have fallen into their laps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With tight Saints defence might come down to accurate kicking from outside 50. We have some awesome long bombers in Pav, Hill, Mora, XXSubanXX, Headland, Mundy.

This is just a copy & paste from a post I made in another thread but should go here also:

Freo are playing with a determination and will to win that I haven't seen since 2006. The Sainters will need to be playing their absolute best footy to beat us and even then, it might not be enough.

Freo are on fire, bursting with self-belief and their confidence is growing as we speak. Freo are turning out to be powerhouse finishers and I reckon they can't wait to take on the Saints this Sunday. Look out Sainters.

Freo by 8 points.

I expect the game to go pretty similarly to the Geelong game in the first half with us being close at half time. Then I expect they'll kick away in the third like Geelong however I think they'll keep their foot on the pedal and win by 6 to 8 goals.

freo by 20

i think if we can match them in the midfield and win our share of the ball we should win

we have a stronger forward line (obviously they are missing a few key forwards)...our backline is solid

my advice to lenny hayes is to take a week off get that nose fixed up

Still on a bit of an emotional high from yesterday, well the past three weeks actually, so this is really heart vs head stuff. Let's hope the heart wins through, but I think I will need to re-assess this when I am more sane!

Freo by a heart beat :heart::heart:

This match will be the indicator of how we are actually going. If we are competitive and we win or get at least within 20 points we are a top 8 side. Can't wait!

the Saints will be feeling the hard game against colon wood.

The best thing for freo was to play both the saints and geelong during the preaseason. the freo boys learnt a lot from the flogging geeelong gave us in the third Q of the practice match.

I think they would have learnt a lot from the pantsing we got from the saints in the NAB cup.

we are now attacking from defense and defending from attack.

Also I think our work in the centre of the ground is improving all the time.

Have faith little grasshoppers

Freo by 20 points

I really hope Lyon brings in Stanley for Roo. Will bring good pace to match your young fellas. Wont be a blowout game for the saints as we dont have Roo to bag 7 like he did againts north. Saints by 24.

If this were a tipping comp, i would comfortably pick STK every day of every week.. but its not.. so freo by 3 goals :D

We've been bloody sensational the past 3 weeks and I keep thinking that this is all a dream. Our defence is brilliant, our midfield continues to improve and our attack makes me positively jizz.

Can we win this game? Yeah, most definately we can, especially with no Roo, no Kosi.

Will we win this game? Probably not because St Kilda are a class team. I only wish Ross Lyon would show some personality though.

I'll be there again but as long as we're competitive, I won't be too disappointed.

St Kilda by 36 points

I just hope we dont go back to the old dockers hospital handpasses and the inability to make decisions under pressure. If we can match our past three performances we can give the saints a real scare! go dockers!

B: Baker Dawson Blake
Ballantyne Mayne Johnson
HB: Gram Gwilt Gilbert
Headland Pav McPhee
C: Montagna Hayes Ray
Hill Mundy Morabito
HF: Schneider Goddard Dal Santos
Van Berlo Taz Duffield
F: Milne Fisher Mc Quaalter
Broughton McPharlin Hayden
R: Gardiner Jones Armitage
Sandi Barlow Haselby
Inter: Clarke King Geary Peake
Crowley De Boer Silvagni Walters/Palmer/Bradley
Emerg: Eddy Steven McEvoy
Dodd
Copied from the SK board (my matchups to one of their proposed lineups).
I think we match up very well. Silvagni may miss out imo as no obvious matchup. Balla will have his work cut out with sniper Baker, though if he keeps moving should be able to burn him off.
They will rely on their small forwards for goals which we match up with well. pav 8 goals v Gwilt/Blake/Gilbert/whoever.
Lets get confident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R4 Fremantle FC V St. Kilda FC -=Who Will Win=-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back