Review R6: Port v West Coast Review

Remove this Banner Ad

We have lost run partially because of the injuries and partially because we play an extra tall. Last year we even subbed Lobbe at times.

We need to adjust to having Ryder in the team and that will take some time. It will happen but not overnight, however when it does we will be an even better team.
In the meantime we just need to sit back and enjoy the ride.

It's just disappointing when we throw away 4 points like we did then. As we did vs freo

I dont how you can say yet alone believe this is a certainty
It isn't but we have to make it happen if we want to win a premiership. Last year we had run but we weren't a premiership side. Close but not quite there.

Not good enough. Fit enough but our fitness advantage has vanished like the mining boom. That means our list deficiencies will be exposed more often than last year.
Maybe we are supposed to peak in the last half of the season?It could be all over by then.
West Coast were far and above the better side.They wanted it more and found the space.If it wasn't for Bobby and Hombsch we would have lost by much more.Too many so called stars were spectators

Not to many clear winners. Robbie as usual (except that handball to them again crucial time). Hammer, Boak and Wingard.

Most disappointed in our tall forwards, West Coasts KPD issues should have been where we won the game. Ryder and Hoff were invisible forward and Schulz down on his usual accurate self.

Time to bring Wines in next week, our centre group is getting smashed this year and is the cause of most of our issues.

It's just disappointing when we throw away 4 points like we did then. As we did vs freo
Not sure I agree wrt throwing away points today.
On paper perhaps, but today they were the better team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

midfielders need to work a lot harder on the defensive side. Not enough of them are doing this IMO apart from boak and gray.

Oh and tackling has to improve 100%. Far too many eagles slipped out tackles which should've got nailed.

I dont how you can say yet alone believe this is a certainty
We need to be smarter with our kicking, how many times did we turn it over by bombing it straight to W/C.
First time I have seen Robbie Gray so indecisive when he had the ball, it's as if the players are not sure what they should be doing when they get the ball, attack or defend.

Bye-bye to what was left of our slim top 2 chances I guess. I don't think I've seen a more anger-inducing display since our insipid Rd 10, 2013 loss to the Dogs in Darwin.

For me, Westhoff getting contemptuously ragdolled by Cripps on their 50m boundary in the last quarter was pretty much our entire night encapsulated in one moment. Soft, mentally weak, no effort until the last 15 minutes, letting ourselves get hunted and not pushing back.

Random flow of thoughts:

Our set-ups and positioning the whole night was off.
Gray made some pretty uncharacteristic mistakes.
Pittard had a relapse to his bad old days, that OOB kick from him in the last quarter was horrific.
Most of the team put in no effort the whole night until the last 15 minutes. Play like that the whole night we probably would've ground out a 30-pt win.
Young being subbed off while Schulz hobbled around was just...lolwut
Krakouer one of the few who tried.
Defence generally good under the circumstances, just let down immensely by the midfields vanishing act.
Our tackling needs work - we don't seem to pin the arms as much as we used to, just grab around the torso and leave the arms free.

Eagles weren't great, but credit to them they played like they wanted it. They deserved to win and we deserved to lose. We now get to see what the response from the team and coach next week is.

Not to many clear winners. Robbie as usual (except that handball to them again crucial time). Hammer, Boak and Wingard.

Most disappointed in our tall forwards, West Coasts KPD issues should have been where we won the game. Ryder and Hoff were invisible forward and Schulz down on his usual accurate self.

Time to bring Wines in next week, our centre group is getting smashed this year and is the cause of most of our issues.
Outnumbered because they had players back (coaching) as well as being too slow in getting it up there (coaching again).
Thought we were outcoached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R6: Port v West Coast Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back