Review R6: Port v West Coast Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. The signs are definately there with Kane this year. it's almost 300 and out for him at this point. Discussions on his successor?

I still think it's hard to say. I actually think P. Stew or even O'shea as an inspired choice, with Moore and Hoon possibilities.

We don't need to replace him with a tagger. Freo aren't trying to manufacture another Crowley in his absence and they're playing like champions. Leaving a spot in the team open for a player with so few strings to their bow is fraught with danger. Next midfielder off the rank for mine.

We don't need to replace him with a tagger. Freo aren't trying to manufacture another Crowley in his absence and they're playing like champions. Leaving a spot in the team open for a player with so few strings to their bow is fraught with danger. Next midfielder off the rank for mine.

Agree. Who was it that said "good sides don't tag"? Malthouse, Bomber?

There are taggers and there are taggers. Then there are run with players. We need to find someone who can play in the mid field whose job is to be the defensive mid fielders and allow Gray,Boak, Ebert,Ollie and Wingard the freedom to be attacking mids. Even when the Lions had the fab 4 and fab 5 in 2002 when Headland was a star they still had Shaun Hart being the defensive midfielder which allowed the flash players the freedom to be attacking. Hart missing from Lions on GF was as big a free kick to Port as the AFL making them play the PF on a Saturday night.

Moore is the first pick to do it, more as the defensive mid at stoppages rather than hard tagger role.

Weren't we lauding Kane two weeks ago for his job on Mitchell? One so -so game at his age and everyone wants you on the scrap heap.
Yes but he came off a weeks rest - 2 on 1 off. He has now played 3 in a row.

He falls over and goes to his knees at any contest which is a clear sign that he knows that he will get burnt off by foot. His has been a great warrior but he is gone, he will not play finals again at Port, Kenny was filthy with his prelim last year and he has got slower again in 2015. Monfries is in the same bucket
Did you see the job he did on Sam Mitchell a fortnight ago!?!? He may have dropped a bit in speed, but it was never really his key attribute that made him so good. I think he'll be rested periodically throughout the year, because we WILL need him come September.

... they still had Shaun Hart being the defensive midfielder which allowed the flash players the freedom to be attacking. Hart missing from Lions on GF was as big a free kick to Port as the AFL making them play the PF on a Saturday night.

The Shane Woewodin of Norm Smith Medallists

I haven't read the last couple of pages, and I'm late to say this, but...

McGovern's 'block' on Gray was absolutely blatantly a ****ing trip. You can't take someone's legs out from underneath them. Free kick every day of the week. Oh, except when that campaigner McInerney's involved.

McGovern's 'block' on Gray was absolutely blatantly a ******* trip. You can't take someone's legs out from underneath them. Free kick every day of the week, oh, except when that campaigner McInerney's involved.
You'd better read the last 4 pages then. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked years ago (I think it was when I got the IQ2 box) about the USB Port and got the response "future enhancement". I assume Foxtel/Telstra are adhering to the slogan M8 IT CAN W8

USB ports are on most personal video recorder/set top boxes in North America. No idea why. Probably so techs can upload new firmware to boxes that have crashed or extract data from dead boxes or something like that.

I asked years ago (I think it was when I got the IQ2 box) about the USB Port and got the response "future enhancement". I assume Foxtel/Telstra are adhering to the slogan M8 IT CAN W8

Pretty sure you can pull recorded programming off them. I knew a guy who used to YouTube a bunch of AFL games when the league didn't protect its digital content with an iron fist.

Yep. The signs are definately there with Kane this year. it's almost 300 and out for him at this point. Discussions on his successor?
Kane has been too slow for years. He has been worst on or close to it in our finals losses the last 2 years. Struggled with the pace.

He can tag Sam Mitchell but I doubt he can keep up with any other elite mid these days.

McGovern's 'block' on Gray was absolutely blatantly a ******* trip. You can't take someone's legs out from underneath them. Free kick every day of the week. Oh, except when that campaigner McInerney's involved.
IMO, every club in the AFL should be able to each season put forward one umpire they don't want doing their games. It doesn't need to be seen by anyone outside of who schedules umpires for games, so no one's 'feelings' need to be publicly hurt.

IMO, every club in the AFL should be able to each season put forward one umpire they don't want doing their games. It doesn't need to be seen by anyone outside of who schedules umpires for games, so no one's 'feelings' need to be publicly hurt.

...except for the fact you can clearly see who hasn't umpired particular teams lol

Usually if you go to a goal review the evidence has to be conclusive a clear finger bend back etc in this case there is nothing so how can it be overturned, they have the same footage we receive and if anyone can see a clear touch of the footy they should be a linesman for tennis, I agree it should of been kicking in danger but that is after the fact so clearly should of been a goal, If the umpire said it was touched it would of been called a behind because the footage was inconclusive, Thats the thing here the footage is inconclusive it's simple really, But anyway I'll leave you too it Cheers for the great game

What we saw and what the umpire review panel saw is two different things. They saw it was touched and ruled the goal umpire incorrect.

After the fact, no. A kicking in danger decision would override a goal in this incident. It seems that the panel are viewing the touch off Trengove's hand.

Personally I think Port suffers from expectation of an easy win or a come down from a big game, I look at 2013 when we we're expected to continue on from the previous 5 years but we beat all the lower ranked teams plus a couple of close wins against better teams who were doing it a bit tough for that year (Pies and Swans).
The rd 1 game of 2013 against Melbourne we thrashed them but then last year when Melbourne were not much better and we were expected to repeat what we did the previous meeting we struggled both times to get over them.
Yes I think most teams suffer from this but what makes it stand out so much with Port is our "God mode" as El Scorcho calls it is so impressive that surely we must go on and become premiership winners but we still have a young team with some more age we will get that under control.

Well in the cases of us not having beaten Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood and Hawthorn for some years the boys wanted to change that and so they focussed on achieving it in 13/14. What I'm not happy with is Boak reeling off our aftermath showdown losses as "just a stat" when clearly it is a habit they accept. Should they approach this stat as they did with those teams we couldn't beat for a long time? I think so. Furthermore, the notion that we are always down after a showdown, we hype ourselves up so much for it and so we have a let down the week after is wrong to have. Do we infer that we hype ourselves more than the crows? I don't think so. Geelong get themselves up for matches against Hawthorn and still go on their merry way of winning games after it. There is still a linger of the wrong mentality sometimes.

No I havent learnt how to pinch footage of my Foxtel IQ. I rang them once and asked them if I could, got a no, and then asked why there is a USB port on the box. I got a bit of a s****** from them.

USB ports are on most personal video recorder/set top boxes in North America. No idea why. Probably so techs can upload new firmware to boxes that have crashed or extract data from dead boxes or something like that.

Pretty sure you can pull recorded programming off them. I knew a guy who used to YouTube a bunch of AFL games when the league didn't protect its digital content with an iron fist.

This can be done although not via the USB port which remains unable to be used to copy or record content.

So, what you have to do is (content redacted).

And that's how you do it ;)

Did you have your lens cap on m8
inconclusive from my vantage point.... but on the screen at the game i thought it was a goal, havent seen it since, was happy it was called a point though....

17360470548_36de62496f_z.jpg

I know how to do it
Yes so do I. I recollect something about it being taboo to discuss illegal game streams and copyright infringement etc on the boards however.

I'm not in favour of illegal streaming myself, but personal use is a different matter. Eg Hypothetically, one may have purchased DVDs and wishes to maintain a copy to safeguard the content from kids who like to use them as skates. Or to deal with the storage limitations of the IQ2 for example for content you have the right to watch, that's a different matter IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R6: Port v West Coast Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back