Certified Legendary Thread Race for the flag, in squiggly lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't that the predicted result though? So for Hawthorn to move further ahead they would have to perform better than the 177-54 scoreline predicted.

I don't see that happening tbh.
Yes. And the Squiggle makes said prediction not having taken team injuries into account. So what it predicts is essentially based on what a full strength Hawthorn would do (or at least based on what the Hawthorn side we've seen for most of the season so far would do). So if we do beat GWS even better than the Squiggle predicted and fly off even further to the top right then it would really be an understatement of where the full strength Hawthorn side would be assuming it would've beaten them by even more.

Yes. And the Squiggle makes said prediction not having taken team injuries into account. So what it predicts is essentially based on what a full strength Hawthorn would do (or at least based on what the Hawthorn side we've seen for most of the season so far would do). So if we do beat GWS even better than the Squiggle predicted and fly off even further to the top right then it would really be an understatement of where the full strength Hawthorn side would be assuming it would've beaten them by even more.

This is why Roby's Power Rankings is objectively the best system going around - it takes these sorts of factors into account.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 points across an 4 up
cba getting pic so just click link Squiggle 2014
Didn't move as much as I expected they would given Geelong's spot relative to the score line. Their movement tonight isn't much more than Hawthorn's following their win over St Kilda, which despite being 35 points greater was against a side placed much further to the bottom left.

Didn't move as much as I expected they would given Geelong's spot relative to the score line. Their movement tonight isn't much more than Hawthorn's following their win over St Kilda, which despite being 35 points greater was against a side placed much further to the bottom left.

Hawthorn and Sydney are basically squiggle for squiggle identical to their 2012 GF positions...

You guys get the saints, demons etc. lions get suns twice and can't even get near them

Ahh, no we don't

Hawthorn play Geelong, Fremantle, Sydney, Collingwood and the Gold Coast twice.

We're the only club that play return matches against 3 of last years top 4.

Sydney for some unknown reason played Hawthorn and Geelong coming off back-to-back 6 day breaks. For Hawthorn it was back-to-back-to-back (Monday, Sunday, Saturday and Friday), for Geelong (Bye, Saturday, Friday, Thursday)

Why the AFL scheduled Sydney Hawthorn on Friday Night and Sydney Geelong on Thursday Night Ill never know...

I must say with the benefit of hindsight, and given all our injuries, I thought our performance against the Swans was excellent (according to 3AW no club has won off back-to-back-to-back 6 day breaks for 11 years)

If we cant our players back that round 18 game at the MCG will be a ripper. Could get 60,000 plus being Buddy's first game at the G against the Hawks and potentially a top 4 clash

Ahh, no we don't

Hawthorn play Geelong, Fremantle, Sydney, Collingwood and the Gold Coast twice.

We're the only club that play return matches against 3 of last years top 4.

Sydney for some unknown reason played Hawthorn and Geelong coming off back-to-back 6 day breaks. For Hawthorn it was back-to-back-to-back (Monday, Sunday, Saturday and Friday), for Geelong (Bye, Saturday, Friday, Thursday)

Why the AFL scheduled Sydney Hawthorn on Friday Night and Sydney Geelong on Thursday Night Ill never know...

I must say with the benefit of hindsight, and given all our injuries, I thought our performance against the Swans was excellent (according to 3AW no club has won off back-to-back-to-back 6 day breaks for 11 years)

If we cant our players back that round 18 game at the MCG will be a ripper. Could get 60,000 plus being Buddy's first game at the G against the Hawks and potentially a top 4 clash
I'm spewing missing that game really am... Flying to Athens on the 19th for my 7 week holiday in Europe.

I'd love another swans hawks gf, but if we keep this form up I don't see anyone getting close. It would probably be the two best teams

Like the infamous Adelaide - Sydney game last year...that hype lasted for what 2 weeks and was based on the most solid of foundations...

I'm not sure this is the case at all to be honest :rolleyes:

Lets see how you go on the Coast, away to the Eagles, against Port (home and at the Portress) and away to us on our home deck...

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Race for the flag, in squiggly lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back