Racism and thuggish behaviour at Geel v GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to harden up princesses, just imagine if there was an investigation into every moron that yells out stupid stupid shit at the footy, it impossible. Just ignore ******s and watch the game.

You can't say that after a player has made such a massive example of what is unacceptable from a 13 year old girl... but reporting a 50 year old man... everyone needs to harden up Princesses.

Unless of course you were claiming Adam Goodes should harden up because he's a Princess - then your argument is consistent.

I suggest OP remove the pic of the 'abuser'. This is bigfooty it's not a courtroom, we don't have the right to put people on trial, next we'll be posting up pics of supporters who farted and offended people that way.

Surely no different to media outlets posting videos of 13y/o girls and drunken middle aged men at games.

That's pathetic from the security company, if true. If multiple people complained about this guy, they should have taken him to the cops. Too bad, because Cats fans are normally good.

That's pathetic from the security company, if true. If multiple people complained about this guy, they should have taken him to the cops. Too bad, because Cats fans are normally good.

The cops were worse than the security to be honest. The security at least spoke to the guy. Cops did not want to say/do anything until the player abused made a direct complaint

The cops were worse than the security to be honest. The security at least spoke to the guy. Cops did not want to say/do anything until the player abused made a direct complaint

Is it even possible to be verbally abused by someone you are not even in earshot of? No wonder the cops weren't interested to be honest. If they were to investigate every such incident at sporting events we would need 50,000 more police.

They may have changed their tune if multiple people complained. If you give the seat details to the Cats they should do something, assuming he's a member.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it even possible to be verbally abused by someone you are not even in earshot of? No wonder the cops weren't interested to be honest. If they were to investigate every such incident at sporting events we would need 50,000 more police.

Do you even understand the significant impact racial vilification can have on people? Are you really that ignorant?

There were people deeply upset by what was said by this supporter, even if the comments were not directed at them. Racism cuts deeper than just the individual targeted.

They may have changed their tune if multiple people complained. If you give the seat details to the Cats they should do something, assuming he's a member.

There were multiple people from our group who complained and at least one cats supporter who complained. There was enough to make a case against him

You have made nearly 40 posts since your original allegation and stating that you would 'give full details of the 'incident' in good time'. How about actually saying what occurred?

I'm in the process of finding out with the club whether or not the player heard what was said. I don't want to bring it to his attention that it was a personal attack on him if he didn't hear it.

Why can't we just focus on the point that racism is disgusting no matter how minor the attacks may seem and no matter who is being targeted?

*supporter takes children to game*
*children hear another supporter yelling racial abuse at a player*
*children ask why he isn't getting in trouble*
*SCHUMACHER answers "because the player can't hear it, so it's alllll good!"*

SUNS said:
But the feralness (is that a word lol) that we encountered after the game is something that I have never encountered. I don't mind team based banter but when large numbers of people get personal just because of the team we support, that is really uncalled for. Only just got the chance to talk with the cheer squad I was part of last night, and the stories that come back were appalling! The abuse that they copped in the walk from our misplaced seats to the players change room was horrible. My girlfriend had a 3/4 bottle of drink thrown at her. One guy was grabbed in a headlock by a drunken cats fan with his friend repeatedly saying 'suck shit c@&t, your team are shit'
Pretty disrespectful of the Cats to place the opposition cheersquad behind the points.

As for the walk to the rooms, that's a pretty standard night out in Geelong.

*supporter takes children to game*
*children hear another supporter yelling racial abuse at a player*
*children ask why he isn't getting in trouble*
*SCHUMACHER answers "because the player can't hear it, so it's alllll good!"*

Surely noone would be silly enough to take children to Kardinia Park?

Why can't we just focus on the point that racism is disgusting no matter how minor the attacks may seem and no matter who is being targeted?

Yeah sure but you are the one who has made a public allegation about an individual and posted their photo on the internet. If you are not prepared to say what occurred, so people can judge it for themselves, you should not have posted it.

Yeah sure but you are the one who has made a public allegation about an individual and posted their photo on the internet. If you are not prepared to say what occurred, so people can judge it for themselves, you should not have posted it.

I will tell you what occured. The man in the picture loudly racially vilified one of the Gold Coast SUNS players. The comments made from him were deep enough to upset people within earshot of him who come from a similar heritage.

Are you happy now? When you hear of rapes and murders on the news do you whinge and sook to the reporters for not telling you how many times the suspect thrust inside her before they slit her throat and bathed in her blood?

The details don't really matter!

dobbing someone in to security becauee they make a comment. how sad are some people!

I sort of agree with this. With the hundreds of idiots yelling out all manner of things it's just not worth the time and effort for police and security. What is offensive to some is not to others. Goodes probably gets 'sister-raping shit-eater' screamed at him all day, what is acceptable and what isn't? If it's all unacceptable we're going to have to create a whole new police division to inforce it, the Morality Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back