Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Now if Brad Johnson was Jewish and someone threw a German Beer at him, this post would make sense and be in some way relevant to this topic of this tread.

chelsea supporters used to hiss loudly at the tottenham end, proximate to the sound of zylon gas being released at Auschwitz.

i imagine some people here would argue that wasn't racist either.

How do you know what I will be satisfied with???? Ridiculous thing to say - you have no idea.

I am not the one talking about 'strung up' your words.

I believe racism should be called out - so should stupid posts like yours
And it has been called out, and the woman will be dealt with, she will be banned.
Lots on here won't be satisfied with that though, so lets just have a public hanging.

Yes. I've seen Coke bottles thrown at players at local football. That's no racist. Just a bellend
Just like if I punch a person I'm a thug, if I punch them and yell racist comments at them whilst doing so then I'm a racist.

Anyway, no point continuing to argue semantics, secondary evidence adds weight to the OP's claim. No point continuing to argue at this point.
Were they throwing Coke bottles at specific players and Sprite at others? Did Cameron Ling have a Fanta bottle thrown at him? Racist.

Everything aside, throwing anything at an athlete on a sporting pitch at anytime deserves a life ban. That woman is a moron. She doesn't necessarily represent the sentiments of those around her and it's so boring when people use the actions of the lowest common denominator as some sort of political leverage to drive their agendas. Ban this idiot and move on.

Eddie Betts is a legend and I hope he takes this in his stride even though there will be faceless politicos trying to get him to push it. Just answer it with another banana snap from the pocket EB.

I'm more concerned about all those ferals standing up and abusing crows players more than anything.

If my team was a piece of shit, irrelevant team like Port and the opposition kicked a goal like that I would be sitting their quietly saying nothing or fair play to you.

So the bullying is ok if it's provoked? Some Port fans are arguing the same point re: Betts "provoking" a response from the crowd. I say two wrongs don't make a right.

To be clear, attacking her for her actions is totally fine by me. But attacking her based on appearance is hypocritical.

If she felt Betts actions were provocative then fine, give it back to him. But when you bring racism into the equation, you've crossed the line.

My comment was referring to the fact that you can't throw racist comments at someone, then cry foul when someone throws a derogatory comment back at you. I wasn't condoning either behaviour, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

But surely you can see the problem with using a term like "strung up" in a conversation about racism? Can't you?
Oh yeah, now i'm racist?
I will bet, nearly every person on this forum has done or said something racist, and people like you will call them racists.
It's the ones that hate that are the real racists, not everyone can be perfect, the woman will be dealt with, get over it.

And it has been called out, and the woman will be dealt with, she will be banned.
Lots on here won't be satisfied with that though, so lets just have a public hanging.

Yep and where have I said anything like 'let's have a public hanging'? - seriously mate you are misquoting me and others; very dodgy.

If you do not like this thread move on

Love the way the power supporters are wearing Crows scarves now-a-days ... wonder how the little darlings at the front of this photo feel about one of their fellow supporters wearing the tri-colours though?

14068222_10154495200018421_7520526333747063514_n.jpg
Nice one. Their Dad must be so proud.

Oh yeah, now i'm racist?
I will bet, nearly every person on this forum has done or said something racist, and people like you will call them racists.
It's the ones that hate that are the real racists, not everyone can be perfect, the woman will be dealt with, get over it.

I'm struggling to follow the point of your repeated posting. It seems to be only to say, "Yeah, the racist is bad, but the ones who call out racism, they're the real villains." People are supporting Eddie Betts and condemning an idiot - adding some bizarre agenda that those calling her out would like her to be hung is just odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, she thought Eddie would kick that goal and celebrate "right in front of her" in the last seconds of the game so she kept the banana for that very reason.

If that's her regular seat, she could have gone to the game fairly confident that Eddie Betts would be within throwing distance at some time during the game if he did something that annoyed her.

There's not exactly a history of banana throwing being racist anywhere. That's going nothing to do with it all.

Unless you live with your head under a rock you would know that there's racists out there that love comparing black people to monkeys. Monkeys eat bananas. Not exactly hard to put two and two together.

I would have maybe accepted that she wasn't being racist if she hurled a whole bunch of things, but she didn't. The fact that she appeared so calculated in her actions doesn't help one bit.

There is a history though.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...f-racist-banana-throwing-fan-but-is-it-enough

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/th...n-constant-nigel-de-jong-blog-entry-1.1788126

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...star-banana-skin-thrown-match-racist-fan.html

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/m...day-2-does-no-one-hate-patrick-ewing-anymore/

and not just in sports.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33686490

But surely you can see the problem with using a term like "strung up" in a conversation about racism? Can't you?
No i can't, it would only mean something to me if i said it in a racist tone, so if you need to take it further, good for you, if you think i'm racist because of it, good for you.
Put her in the chair then if it makes you feel better, lets just get closure.

chelsea supporters used to hiss loudly at the tottenham end, proximate to the sound of zylon gas being released at Auschwitz.

i imagine some people here would argue that wasn't racist either.
Used to? That still happens. Less regularly than what it once was, but it still happens.

No i can't, it would only mean something to me if i said it in a racist tone, so if you need to take it further, good for you, if you think i'm racist because of it, good for you.

You are literally the only person suggesting "the chair" or public hanging. Will you tire of beating that straw man?

OK aside from the surface stupidity of this post, what sits underneath is even more asinine.

you're trying to say that unless you agree you meant something in a racist way, you can't reasonably be accused of same. your consent is not required, just your content.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Racist fan throws banana at Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back