Ralph rumor: Walker tells Craig to stick it.

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing - one of the major issues the Power fans had was with Williams and his 'golden tickets,' - and rightly so.

Craigy isn't anywhere near that yet, but he does appear to have double standards on how he treats players, and it needs to be addressed.

And, FWiW, I'm not one to post rumours with any regularity, a lot of stuff I hear isn't something I'm comfortable repeating in detail, but I do know that Craigy and Walker generally have a good relationship, but there is also a lot of friction between them at times.

I can't see Walker going, he does absolutely love the Crows, but Craigy needs to stop judging Walker so much harsher than everybody else - it was alright initially, to prove a point, but now he's just being a prick.

Walker can be very lazy and ineffectual, deserved to be dropped. Dropping Walker is one of the reasons the Crows won on the week end. Forward line functioned much better without someone running in front of other forward leads, or spoiling team mates.

Walker is a real talent no doubt, just needs to learn to play for the Crows team, rather than the Taylor Walker team.

Spot on Very good post if he wants to go See ya later

especially when he is a guy that loves the club, if he were to walk out then there would have be something rotten at the core down at the AFC.

What a load of crap..:cool:
Have a look at neil and the players after the geelong game.
All is fine at the club.
If you cant stand the heat..........

Spot on Very good post if he wants to go See ya later

Nah.

I'm as critical as Walker of almost anybody, because of how much I rate the kid.

But it's bullshit, it's a clear case of double standards.

Walker isn't perfect, and he can be lazy, and he can be rubbish on a bad day, but he's not a lone ranger in that aspect - but when he has a shit day, he gets dropped.

When Stevens or Hendo or Maric has a bad day...

Some enormous overreactions in this thread.

A nothing rumour from a rumour-monger that regularly gets it wrong and suddenly people who have been inventing conspiracy theories backed up only by their previous conspiracy theories see it as evidence that they've been right all along. Fact of the matter is, Walker is likely upset - of course he is, he wants to play AFL football. Turning that into "Walker told Craig to go **** himself" is a massive leap and I very much doubt is substantiated.

If Walker were to walk out on the club because he got dropped after miserable performances (and let's be honest here, only one of the four times he's been dropped in his career so far hasn't been the week after a worst on ground, absolutely terrible performance), it would be a terrible reflection on his character. I doubt very much that it will happen, though.

As for other players having issues (the story about Dangerfield only signing against his own desire because his dad told him to is beyond ridiculous), to me it just smells of bluff and bluster. People want there to be an issue at the Crows, so they can blame Craig for everything, and have a scapegoat for our poor season, and previous finals failures. Crow-mo's fantastic signature has never rung more truly with me than on these forum in the last few weeks.

If he quotes one of Carl's transcripts as facts it will be one of the best moments of BigFooty.

Carl, get to it, except title the transcript as 'leaked meeting'.

Is 'Ralph' Carl? :D

Seriously, I've discovered who 'Ralph' is (also goes by the name Bernadette :D)

Priscilla-Queen-of-the-Desert-6308491.jpg

A nothing rumour from a rumour-monger that regularly gets it wrong and suddenly people who have been inventing conspiracy theories backed up only by their previous conspiracy theories see it as evidence that they've been right all along. Fact of the matter is, Walker is likely upset - of course he is, he wants to play AFL football. Turning that into "Walker told Craig to go **** himself" is a massive leap and I very much doubt is substantiated.

If Walker were to walk out on the club because he got dropped after miserable performances (and let's be honest here, only one of the four times he's been dropped in his career so far hasn't been the week after a worst on ground, absolutely terrible performance), it would be a terrible reflection on his character. I doubt very much that it will happen, though.

Again, and take it or leave it, I know Walker and Craig have a bit of a love/hate relationship.

If he feels like he is being judged differently and more harshly than everybody else, you can understand why he'd be pissed off.

He's been treated more harshly than anybody else, that's indisputable, a lot of us were alright with it because we all know how good Walker is going to be, and that he needed to be pulled into line a bit earlier, but there is only so many times Walker can be treated differently before he'll get jack of it, and love/hate with turn into hate.

As for other players having issues (the story about Dangerfield only signing against his own desire because his dad told him to is beyond ridiculous), to me it just smells of bluff and bluster. People want there to be an issue at the Crows, so they can blame Craig for everything, and have a scapegoat for our poor season, and previous finals failures. Crow-mo's fantastic signature has never rung more truly with me than on these forum in the last few weeks.

Worst case scenario... the rumor is true or partly true then it's still a non event. Who wouldn't want him to be disappointed and who would be surprised if every now and the a player reacts poorly to bad news.

It's how he responds to this that matters.

This board is on fire tonight... I hope we come out breathing it on Saturday!

With what I heard straight from the horses mouth earlier this year, Craig (or our club :() are in a fair bit of strife. It'll either be Craig goes or we lose half our young talent.

Craig and the older crew all love each other but the younger brigade and himself simply don't get along. If he stays on for another couple of years there'll be a mass exodus from the footy club. Lock it in.

Unless Craig gets us to top 4 next year then I cant see him getting another contract. That would be 7 years and no success.

If he does get us into the top 4, it will be largely because of the development of the young talent. This would require the coach and players getting on, the success will wipe away any issues there may be now. If there are any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Craig was in trouble about mid season looking towards the end of the year, from a pretty decent source, so not sure if anythings changed between now and then - but I still wouldn't rule out a bit of movement there.

I fapped in anticipation.

So Walker to appear in the new RACV ad's singing 'what about me' supported by CroCrop as Phil Davis pile drives his sister.

More threads needed.

I don't know if it is the caffeine rush or the lack of sleep but that was the funniest thing posted tonight. Sent me into a strange giggling fit of high school girl proportions!

Great work Wall-e :thumbsu:

With what I heard straight from the horses mouth earlier this year, Craig (or our club :() are in a fair bit of strife. It'll either be Craig goes or we lose half our young talent.

Craig and the older crew all love each other but the younger brigade and himself simply don't get along. If he stays on for another couple of years there'll be a mass exodus from the footy club. Lock it in.

Would explain much.

Glad Tex got upset, means he actually wants to be out there, could have been mistaken for his efforts in the last game. Lets face it, next to Tippett who was fighting the whole game Tex looked lazy and dis-interested.

Hopefully he gets another shot and actually comes out and puts on a good show. SHOW US WHY YOU SHOULD BE IN THE SIDE. I dont mind him letting him steam off and having words with Craig, just actually put some of those words into action and show us how much a spot in the team means to you.

Glad Tex got upset, means he actually wants to be out there, could have been mistaken for his efforts in the last game. Lets face it, next to Tippett who was fighting the whole game Tex looked lazy and dis-interested.

Hopefully he gets another shot and actually comes out and puts on a good show. SHOW US WHY YOU SHOULD BE IN THE SIDE. I dont mind him letting him steam off and having words with Craig, just actually put some of those words into action and show us how much a spot in the team means to you.
Is it a case of the Mark Waughs? Or is his intensity really not there? Sometimes I think players who fumble a lot and fall over have to have good second efforts because they usually stuff it up the first time. Second efforts are over-rated in my book. Do it once and do it right.

Reminds me of a story about Fred Couples who has one of the easiest, most relaxed swings on the tour but still hits it a mile. Someone asked him why doesn't he really wind up and try to belt the ball. He replied, what good is a 600 yard drive on a 400 yard Par 4?

BF needs more posters like yourself, top post:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralph rumor: Walker tells Craig to stick it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back