Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

thats not quite how she said it, but i guess if you pick random quotes you can peddle whatever agenda suits

suggesting any commentator is dangerous is plain moronic, just some twit on tv,
Owens then questioned why America shouldn’t invade Australia like Afghanistan.

“For the last 20 years, the United States has spent trillions of dollars overseas in Afghanistan fighting a war, which we lost by the way,” she said.

“We were told the war was necessary anyway, the slaughtering of American sons and daughters on foreign soil because we were fighting a noble cause – to spread democracy in a tyrannical land. To free an oppressed people.

“So I’m going to ask those same lecturing politicians and media members a question – when do we deploy troops to Australia? When do we invade Australia and free an oppressed people who are suffering under a totalitarian regime? When do we spend trillions of dollars to spread democracy in Australia?”

Was the longest direct quote from her in the article. If this was to draw a comparison to pull troops out of Afgan, then it becomes an interesting way of making that arguement.

She wasnt though cause the US is out of Afgan. She has no idea what it is actually like here.

thats not quite how she said it, but i guess if you pick random quotes you can peddle whatever agenda suits

suggesting any commentator is dangerous is plain moronic, just some twit on tv,

What about her agenda though? She is cherry picking facts to suit her argument too. Voters rewarded the state governments that took a hard line on COVID last year because they unsurprisingly didn't want the virus spreading in the community. Support for the COVID restrictions has understandably declined this year the longer the lockdowns have gone on, which has no doubt been a factor in NSW, Victoria and the ACT ending their lockdowns, but even Newspoll results suggest that many voters don't want to lift restrictions too quickly. The facts just don't support her claim that we have a tyrannical government. This is misinformation.

What about her agenda though? She is cherry picking facts to suit her argument too. Voters rewarded the state governments that took a hard line on COVID last year because they unsurprisingly didn't want the virus spreading in the community. Support for the COVID restrictions has understandably declined this year the longer the lockdowns have gone on, which has no doubt been a factor in NSW, Victoria and the ACT ending their lockdowns, but even Newspoll results suggest that many voters don't want to lift restrictions too quickly. The facts just don't support her claim that we have a tyrannical government. This is misinformation.
You are up against a hard right winger there

A tyrannical government wouldn't give us safe and free elections either...

You are up against a hard right winger there

I like and respect The King and am happy to debate issues with him. I personally think better communication from the government might have avoided the need for strict lockdowns, or at least kept them shorter. But we can't change that now. Just grateful for our high vaccination rate.

I like and respect The King and am happy to debate issues with him. I personally think better communication from the government might have avoided the need for strict lockdowns, or at least kept them shorter. But we can't change that now. Just grateful for our high vaccination rate.
I love him , but no respect lol

You wouldn't pi55 onher if she was on fire

So that's your response to what she is saying ? You would not piss on her if she was on fire ? There was a news headline today that said it was Freedom Day for the most locked down city in the World. Can you explain why out of all the cities in the World why Melbourne was the most locked down city in the World ? There is a reason we are a ****ing laughing stock World Wide but please tell me what is the reasoning behind it ?

So that's your response to what she is saying ? You would not piss on her if she was on fire ? There was a news headline today that said it was Freedom Day for the most locked down city in the World. Can you explain why out of all the cities in the World why Melbourne was the most locked down city in the World ? There is a reason we are a ****ing laughing stock World Wide but please tell me what is the reasoning behind it ?
Different issue , my comments were about her !

What about her agenda though?
Candace Owen's only agenda is to make as much money as possible telling her audience what they want to hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Can we stop calling it "Freedom Day"? Freedom Day would be if we were under a tyrannical government and we disposed of them. If you mean "Freedom from COVID" it wouldn't be when we only have like 58% of people are fully vaccinated and every state is still considered in a State of Emergency.

2. Melbourne is the most lockdowned down city in the world for a few reasons and I want to try to present this in the most logical and objective way possible:
1. our state government wanted to protect lives and believed in lockdowns as a measure of doing that
2. Melbourne had a lot of significant outbreaks which in turn, trigger point 1.

The cause of said outbreaks can be (and have been) debated to death and assigned blame at whoever you want going all the way back to the first monkey who found out using a rock can break open a coconut.

I won't indulge your laughing stock comment as last time I replied to you, you didn't feel obligated to reply to me and I don't expect a reply to this comment either but just wanted to reference it for future scrollers of the COVID-19 thread where this post will end up being moved to

Amazing over the Pandemic how some have changed due to selfish reasons , when we are all in it.
In my opinion, collective society hasn't had a major event like a pandemic or war so we have been more focused on ourselves or smaller communities as opposed to wider societal goals. So when something happens and we need to give up certain things we took for granted we treat it as an attack

The old "but there are people starving in Africa" comment our teachers would use when we didn't want to eat the apple we got for school recess

Some don’t believe in having there rights taking away

pro vax or anti is isn’t for others to judge
We have governments for a reason ! like it or not . It's not your rights , it's safety to the rest of the community . I detest it as much as you , but i don't want to be in ICU , or worse. Enjoy Qld.

In other riveting news, a week ago I received an unsolicited text from a rep from Matthew Guy's office. Here's the exchange:

Hi XXXXX, it's Sam from Victorian Liberal Leader Matthew Guy's team here. Last week, Melbourne became the longest locked down city in the world. Our team is announcing a plan to reopen, recover and rebuild Victoria, but we wanted to reach out today to see if you have any issues or ideas to raise with us?

Yes. I have issues with members of the Liberal party undermining health messaging including the opposition health minister putting out false information about breast screening having to put off. I have issues with the opposition education minister making statements about schools reopening earlier when teachers who followed advice to get the AZ injection immediately when eligible would not be fully protected if they wait the 12 weeks as is best practice according to medical research. I have issues with the opposition education minister questioning the use of masks in the classroom which can reduce the likelihood of spread from a COVID positive student to others. I also have issues with unsolicited text messages from political parties referring to me by my first name.

Sorry to hear you feel this way, XXXXX. I will pass your concerns to the team to look into. We definitely understand the importance of vaccinations, masks and lockdowns to limit Covid-19 transmission and keeping cases low. But we do think Victoria needs to reopen safely and quickly to provide some optimism and hope for businesses and Victorians doing it tough in lockdown. I hope our policies and people will be appealing to you as the election approaches.

I later questioned on his twitter why his team were sending unsolicited text messages and was blocked..... I seem to have joined thousands of others. Great way to get your message across to the public. What an absolute toss bag.

In other riveting news, a week ago I received an unsolicited text from a rep from Matthew Guy's office. Here's the exchange:

Hi XXXXX, it's Sam from Victorian Liberal Leader Matthew Guy's team here. Last week, Melbourne became the longest locked down city in the world. Our team is announcing a plan to reopen, recover and rebuild Victoria, but we wanted to reach out today to see if you have any issues or ideas to raise with us?

Yes. I have issues with members of the Liberal party undermining health messaging including the opposition health minister putting out false information about breast screening having to put off. I have issues with the opposition education minister making statements about schools reopening earlier when teachers who followed advice to get the AZ injection immediately when eligible would not be fully protected if they wait the 12 weeks as is best practice according to medical research. I have issues with the opposition education minister questioning the use of masks in the classroom which can reduce the likelihood of spread from a COVID positive student to others. I also have issues with unsolicited text messages from political parties referring to me by my first name.

Sorry to hear you feel this way, XXXXX. I will pass your concerns to the team to look into. We definitely understand the importance of vaccinations, masks and lockdowns to limit Covid-19 transmission and keeping cases low. But we do think Victoria needs to reopen safely and quickly to provide some optimism and hope for businesses and Victorians doing it tough in lockdown. I hope our policies and people will be appealing to you as the election approaches.

I later questioned on his twitter why his team were sending unsolicited text messages and was blocked..... I seem to have joined thousands of others. Great way to get your message across to the public. What an absolute toss bag.
A rex hunt . If we didn't knock back vaccines last year we wouldn't of had these lockdowns !

Unsolicited texts and emails are just the ****ing worst.

Politicians, food ads and my boss asking me to work on my day off are easily the 3 worst types of random messages to get

Candace Owen's only agenda is to make as much money as possible telling her audience what they want to hear.

Correct. Sorry all, I fell for a clickbait article, didn't mean to cause controversy... :(

1. Can we stop calling it "Freedom Day"? Freedom Day would be if we were under a tyrannical government and we disposed of them. If you mean "Freedom from COVID" it wouldn't be when we only have like 58% of people are fully vaccinated and every state is still considered in a State of Emergency.

2. Melbourne is the most lockdowned down city in the world for a few reasons and I want to try to present this in the most logical and objective way possible:
1. our state government wanted to protect lives and believed in lockdowns as a measure of doing that
2. Melbourne had a lot of significant outbreaks which in turn, trigger point 1.

The cause of said outbreaks can be (and have been) debated to death and assigned blame at whoever you want going all the way back to the first monkey who found out using a rock can break open a coconut.

I won't indulge your laughing stock comment as last time I replied to you, you didn't feel obligated to reply to me and I don't expect a reply to this comment either but just wanted to reference it for future scrollers of the COVID-19 thread where this post will end up being moved to

i didn't call it Freedom Day I was referring to a News headline. It makes me ****ing sick it has been referred to as Freedom day.

Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back