Rare win after trailing at 3 quarter time

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was our first win after being behind at 3 qtr time? When were the others?

I think you are right, I have heard a few people talking on here about not coming from behind at 3QT under Craig.

Not only this we got back in the game after falling behind at a couple of diffent points in the match.

I thought it was our first win after being behind at 3 qtr time? When were the others?

Wasn't it a come from behind victory against Fremantle in the 2006 Qualifying Final at AAMI?

Great win though, good to see we're getting some real firepower to make up deficits and take the lead with some authority.

Wasn't it a come from behind victory against Fremantle in the 2006 Qualifying Final at AAMI?

Great win though, good to see we're getting some real firepower to make up deficits and take the lead with some authority.

Yes (4 points down) and also R18 2007 v Port (13 points down) is the only other.

3-39 I think now under Craig when behind at 3/4 time. It was definitely 2-38 a few weeks ago, but I can't remember whether that was before or after the Brisbane game - so it may now be 3-38, can't be sure.

so its harder to win when you are behind really?

are you sure?

of course we are not going to win many from behind most of the time the other team is in front because they are the better team on the day :eek:

so if they are better and we are at a disadvantage hmm what is likely to happen?

ps i am not saying give up if were behind just that there is a good reason for being behind!!

what is the reverse stat when we are in front at 3/4 time?

so its harder to win when you are behind really?

are you sure?

of course we are not going to win many from behind most of the time the other team is in front because they are the better team on the day :eek:
Lol!

Gee 3-39. I think Craig needs us to be behind more often at 3/4 time so that he can right that imbalance. The Carlton and Hawthorn games were rubbish. We were winning at three quarter time. Anyone can win from there.

C'mon Craig. Lose the first three quarters this week so that we can win from behind again :thumbsu:

Yeah that stat on games won and lost when behind at 3/4 time is meaningless.

We need to eliminate all of those where we were so far down at 3/4 time that there was no realistic chance of winning.

It would mean more to look at the number of games where we were able to get up from a deficit of < 20 points. Over that and the opposition only needs to get a couple of good bounces/free kicks and kick a couple and you can't get up unless they lie down.

Not many games at all are won where the team is down at 3/4 time, and they are very rare when down by more than 20 points I would have thought. Are Craig's stats that much worse than every other coach's?

There was also a stat on the radio a few weeks ago which said that if the opposition kicked over 100 points, Adelaide have only won on a couple of occasions.

Yeah that stat on games won and lost when behind at 3/4 time is meaningless.

We need to eliminate all of those where we were so far down at 3/4 time that there was no realistic chance of winning.

It would mean more to look at the number of games where we were able to get up from a deficit of < 20 points. Over that and the opposition only needs to get a couple of good bounces/free kicks and kick a couple and you can't get up unless they lie down.

Not many games at all are won where the team is down at 3/4 time, and they are very rare when down by more than 20 points I would have thought. Are Craig's stats that much worse than every other coach's?

Gah, I did a detailed breakdown in a thread after the Brisbane or Bulldogs game, I can't remember which. I'm not so good on the search function so I can't find it, but look, it doesn't make for pretty reading. We haven't been smashed that often under Craig, so most of our losses we haven't been far down at 3/4 time. Whether his stats are worse than other coaches', I didn't go into that much detail.

On the flip side, we have rarely lost from in front at 3/4 time under Craig (although we have done so more frequently than winning from behind).

As an interesting aside, I think 3 or 4 of the turnaround games under Craig were finals - the WC prelim (home), the Buddy final and the Freo one offhand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since Neil Craig started in 2004 as Crows coach, 1122 games have been played to end of round 10 2009 in home and away season. 98 of those saw the lead swap between the beginning of the fourth quarter and the end of the game (about 10%).

Here it is on a team by team basis.
(note finals not included nor round 11 just played)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back