Rate Hogg's first Innings performance

Brad hoggs first innings performance

• Bowled well and proved he's up to test standard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK. But struggled against world class batting

• Rough. 1 good ball & shouldn't be playing tests

• Hack. (player) from (posters state side)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bowled quite ok. I'm a huge fan, simply because he's an awesome story, and a terrific example of perseverance. Once he settled, he was solid and will only improve.

They'll go after him, but give chances.

Can bat, bowl and field, too.

He bowled ok. There were some short ones and some ones off line but when he got a wicket he relaxed a little. He's hardly the first to have felt a barrage from Tendulkar though he did look a little overawed. How he backs up in innings 2 and the SCG will be the true judgment innings.

Bowled a lot better than his figures suggest - good to see Ponting keep faith in him.

Coulda had a couple more scalps if luck had gone his way, easily. 4 for and everyone is saying he's a legend.

Take out the period where tendulkar took to him, and lets not forget sachin has made warne look like a hack many a time, and his figures look a lot better.

Deserved his spot, did his job, look forward to see how he goes on a worn pitch

Doesn't deserve all this praise.

He was average. That is all. He doesn't have a plan for Test cricket, which good spinners have books of. He just throws them all over the joint. Good on him, great story, whatever - but he's not up to Test cricket. Even Brett Lee has a plan these days.

hoggy's problem was that he was the designated target for India. they couldn't get after Lee, Johnson and Clark, so they got after Hogg - to combat that he didn't know what to bowl.

I like the guy - good bowler, can go for a few runs, but will always give 110% and will take wickets.

I think this 2nd innings tomorrow will be his innings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate Hogg's first Innings performance

Back