Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Spencer White from St.kilda? Huge wraps on him in his draft year, Will he play early saints fans?
Not a Saints fan but from my perspective it's doubtful. From all reports he was close to debuting last year before injuries struck, but I don't think he's quite ready for AFL. He was a very raw prospect in his draft year and he still is, despite doing some very impressive stuff in the VFL. I think he'll debut this year but it would surprise me if he was able to keep his spot. Daniel Markworth is probably a better bet for a Saints KPF, but I'm still not sure he'll be a factor too early in the season.

I feel like we should have a separate thread for the Rd 1 teams, since we pretty much are only picking 22 players, compared to the 'real start' in Rd 2.

DEF: McVeigh, S.Mitchell, Houli, Yeo, Suckling, L.McDonald
MID: Pendlebury, Griffen, D.Beams, K.Jack, B.Ellis, D. Thomas, Michie, C.Beams
RUC: NicNat, Sandilands
FWD: Riewoldt, Dusty, Dangerfield, Parker, Buddy, Rohan
Salary left- 0!!!!! (I'm kinda chuffed I spent exactly 10 mil for Rd 1 haha)

My entire bench is $115,200 x 8. Again, this is only for Rd 1.

I am utterly convinced Yeo is going to be huge this year, he was already starting to rack it up at the Lions. Rip me apart for it if you want, but I reckon he'll go better than Swallow.
Going Jack and B.Ellis based on Rd 1 matchup. Bad idea?

I thinks its just a waste, if you're gonna have Sandi and Longer you should have one of them on the field
If you have a look at my team, tell me where I would upgrade instead without sacrificing money making ability.
Def: Bartel, Hodge, Simpson, Hanley, Hansen, Suckling (Fuller, Laidler)
Mid: Swan, Rockliff, Watson, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Michie, Ellis (O'Rourke, Polec)
Ruc: Lobbe, Leuenberger (Sandilands, Longer)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Clark, Taylor, Bock (Rohan, Kersten)

Schulzenfest and other Port supporters - what's the go with Ben Newton? Have been a fan since his draft year and have always considered him to be someone who would score quite well when in the team. Is he likely to debut this year?

Was close to his AFL debut late last season and probably would've gotten one if we weren't trying to keep a settled team for the finals. Was regularly racking up 20+ disposals and a goal a game for the Port Magpies in the last couple of months of the season.

Probably the most talked up Port player in the media over the pre-season. This time last year a player in Newton's form would be a lock for our Round 1 team, but competition for spots at Port will be tougher in 2014 than it has been for a long time. Probably not the best choice for a starting squad given the number of strong midfield rookie options (although a good enough performance out of him in the NAB challenge could change that, and it's not beyond him), but definitely one to keep an eye on for a downgrade target later in the season. I'm a fan, FWIW.

If you have a look at my team, tell me where I would upgrade instead without sacrificing money making ability.
Mid: Swan, Rockliff, Watson, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Michie, Ellis (O'Rourke, Polec)
Longer, Lobbe or Leuy > Naismith/McBean/any cheap ruckman to be r4
Upgrade Hansen or Simpson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a fantasy or dt team?
Because if its fantasy I would downgrade them for now and maybe get them back round 2 like I am thinking of doing

Lobbe, Sandi (Longer, Currie) Is what im thinking of doing, I think sandi has too much scoring ability when he's playing well not to be in the team

Is it a fantasy or dt team?
Because if its fantasy I would downgrade them for now and maybe get them back round 2 like I am thinking of doing

Lobbe, Sandi (Longer, Currie) Is what im thinking of doing, I think sandi has too much scoring ability when he's playing well not to be in the team
It is fantasy. So you mean get the points injection for round one, then go back to my original setup?

I'll do the Round 1 thing but this is what I reckon is a decent side to kick off the season proper in Rd2 with, subject to people gunning the NAP Cup/Rd1 etc.

$13,700 left in bank.

Too many North players probably but I do think we'll have a very good year. But it has bye implications.

Hansen going by the back end of last year is under priced, he will average around 90. Bastinac will take the next step and be a regular 100 odd scorer.

Screen shot 2014-02-04 at 4.41.48 PM.png

I'll do the Round 1 thing but this is what I reckon is a decent side to kick off the season proper in Rd2 with, subject to people gunning the NAP Cup/Rd1 etc.

$13,700 left in bank.

Too many North players probably but I do think we'll have a very good year. But it has bye implications.

Hansen going by the back end of last year is under priced, he will average around 90. Bastinac will take the next step and be a regular 100 odd scorer.

View attachment 42252
Wait on Honeychurch - too much competition to get regular games. He's fighting with the likes of Dahlhaus, Hrovat, Higgins, Dickson and Hunter, all of which are a reasonable margin ahead of him at this stage.

Wait on Honeychurch - too much competition to get regular games. He's fighting with the likes of Dahlhaus, Hrovat, Higgins, Dickson and Hunter, all of which are a reasonable margin ahead of him at this stage.

Cool, appreciated. Might have a sniff round other cheapy forward options.

Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 11.58.30 AM.png
this is my first go at it this year. Appreciate any feedback on upgrades/downgrades. Ive got about 50K left in the bank too.

Seedsman is overpriced for mine - better value out there.

There's no guarantee that Clark or Hogan at the Dees will play - injury clouds and youth count against them. I'd also argue that the latter is overpriced for his projected score; same might be said for Martin.

Morabito is coming back from a long way off, and Montagna is suspended, I think, for the first round.

Good call re Fasolo if he's fit tho; would be projected to score at a decent clip unless he's the sub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's no guarantee that Clark or Hogan at the Dees will play - injury clouds and youth count against them. I'd also argue that the latter is overpriced for his projected score; same might be said for Martin.

Morabito is coming back from a long way off, and Montagna is suspended, I think, for the first round.

Good call re Fasolo if he's fit tho; would be projected to score at a decent clip unless he's the sub.

thanks bud, i will check it out and change a few!

also he's injured and likely to miss the start of the season

View attachment 42311
this is my first go at it this year. Appreciate any feedback on upgrades/downgrades. Ive got about 50K left in the bank too.

ive read and heard from a few interviews that longer is no walkup for the ruck spot at the saints. hickey will have first crack with stanley pinch hitting. so i reckon its a risk having longer as a starting ruck and hes only played 9 career games so his scoring ability is a bit of an unknown.

morabito might not necessarily be ready to go come round 1 i reckon he will be eased back in and probably will get the vest a few times early. i reckon youre carrying a bit too much coin in the forwards on the bench.. maybe look at a bock or someone like that and free up another $100k spend elsewhere..

It makes it much more difficult to plan for a team for round 2 when round 1 is basically a free hit, Ive made a team which i think is handy for round 2, but i will obviously change for round 1 because of the unlimited trades. Makes it a little confusing

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Rate my 2014 AFL Fantasy team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back